PDA

View Full Version : H4 Stamp Expired, EAD/AP (I-512), Lufthansa, Munich , Mumbai - SOLVED

a_paul1
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Mail to German Consulate:

Dear Sir,
I am a citizen of India and I am travelling from US to India via Munich by Lufthansa. I have valid EAD/AP Combo card that serves as I-512 Advance Parole and is valid till xxx. (My H4 visa has expired.)
While going I have a wait time of 4 hrs at Munich airport and while returning, wait time at Munich airport is 5 hrs.

Could you please tell me if I need transit visa for this trip. I do not intend to go out of the transit area in Munich airport

Response from consulate on the next day:

Dear aaa,
with a valid I-512 you don't need a transit visa.
Regards,
XXX YYY

Hope this helps other people in the same boat.

injrav
04-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi Friend

Thanks for sharing the info
But make sure you take print out and carry along with you..
Some tines people who are at airport gates may not have idea on all these aspects.
So if you have email in handy ,, you can show them as proof

Thanks

radsow
04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Agian not to confuse you . I just now got a reply from german consultate in DC

I think the key here is validity of EAD combo. Looks like if it is 2yrs you dont need. mine is 1 yr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Inquiry: Dear Sir,
I am a citizen of India and I am travelling from US to India via Frakfurt by Lufthansa during the month of July . I have valid EAD/AP Combo card that serves as I-512 Advance Parole and is valid till Feb -2013. While going I have a wait time of 6 hrs at Frankfurt airport and while returning, wait time at Frankfurt airport is 4 hrs.

Could you please tell me if I need transit visa for this trip. I do not intend to go out of the transit area in Frankfurt airport

------------------

Dear Sir,
yes you do need a visa.
regards,
Halveland

Dies ist ein Formular der: usa

a_paul1
04-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Mine (my wife's actually) is 1 yr as well. I sent the request to consulate in Atlanta!
I think the "take a print out" tip from injrav is good. I guess I will rely on that :)

smahendran
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I had the same question and when checked with German Consulate in Chicago, they said I need to get the transit visa. :(

I am on EAD and have AP (1 year validity since applied separately), no H1's at all.