PDA

View Full Version : Finger print query - Please help!

rkpkGC
04-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Dear fellow members, appreciate your help on the below.

My priority date is current (EB1) and I received two fingerprint notices in my name (exact copies). I'm yet to receive FP notices for my spouse and 1.5year old baby. Please advise:

1. Why did I receive two finger print notices with exactly the same details on both?
2. My spouse and baby haven't received the FP notice yet?
3. If calling USCIS won't help, can my baby and wife come along with me as a walk-in applicants?

Pleas advise.

Thanks.

kishore.salla
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
1. Why did I receive two finger print notices with exactly the same details on both?
- May be a mistake on part of USCIS, This has happened to some other recent 485 filers as well.

- This has nothing to do with your 2 FP notices, Ask you spouse to call USCIS and raise an SR for FP.

3. If calling USCIS won't help, can my baby and wife come along with me as a walk-in applicants?
- They can accompany you, But they will NOT be able to take FP without an actual USCIS appointment for them.

UKannan
04-23-2012, 10:48 AM
- May be a mistake on part of USCIS, This has happened to some other recent 485 filers as well.

- This has nothing to do with your 2 FP notices, Ask you spouse to call USCIS and raise an SR for FP.

- They can accompany you, But they will NOT be able to take FP without an actual USCIS appointment for them.

I thought children under 14 years doesn't require FP!

rkpkGC
04-23-2012, 11:15 AM

Thanks Kishore.
I called up the USCIS and they asked me to wait for 30 days (from day of I485 receipt notices) before I follow up on FP appointments of spouse/child. Its been 23 days since the receipts, so I guess would wait for another week for raising an SR for their FP notice.

Do you think spouse and baby would get the same date/time as mine or do they schedule some other date? I pray for same date/time.

Thanks again.

laddu0
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
4/18 completed FP for me and my wife. We received two FP notices each. Appoint date and time is same for both of us.

So you should get FP for the same date and time for your wife and kid.

Ignore multiple FP notices.

rkpkGC
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that my wife and 18-month baby received FP notifications yesterday (a gap of ~5 days after I received mine). Since the letters are auto-generated and sorted, a gap in mailing seemed inevitable. This pretty much clarifies my query posted a week ago and concerns I had. Both spouse and baby got their FP appointments for the same day as mine and the time of appointment is just one hour apart (11 am for me and 12 pm for both of them), which is ofcourse not a cause for concern for me now. Just thought of posting an update to this thread assuming my case could be helpful for other members, thereby reducing some anxiety.

Thanks.