PDA

View Full Version : Vacation-Bahamas

deepak2010
04-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Hello Guys
After searching several times and with no luck Iam turning to this forum for answers. My brother and kids are visiting me for vacation for 2 months.They are on B1/B2 visa.I wanted to plan a cruise vacation to Bahamas. Myself, I am on H1 and just did fingerprinting.Hoping to get EAD in next 2 months. We all have valid US visa.
My question is : Do we need a visa to the Bahamas?
I know strictly speaking..yes we need but many times these tourist countries overlook that requirement. I personally went to Jamaica 2 yrs back without a visa. They did not even bother looking for one.
Can anybody tell me their experiences.
Thanks
D

pardesibabu
04-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Get a visa

bang
04-21-2012, 08:28 AM
We went on a cruise to Bahamas and no =one checked our Visas. Later i had my inlaws take a cruise (with no Bahamas Visa), they were fine. Do not waste time & money on the Visa. As long as you have a US Visa OR AP you are good.

a_yaja
04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Hello Guys
After searching several times and with no luck Iam turning to this forum for answers. My brother and kids are visiting me for vacation for 2 months.They are on B1/B2 visa.I wanted to plan a cruise vacation to Bahamas. Myself, I am on H1 and just did fingerprinting.Hoping to get EAD in next 2 months. We all have valid US visa.
My question is : Do we need a visa to the Bahamas?
I know strictly speaking..yes we need but many times these tourist countries overlook that requirement. I personally went to Jamaica 2 yrs back without a visa. They did not even bother looking for one.
Can anybody tell me their experiences.
Thanks
D
A visa is required for Indian citizens to visit The Bahamas (Bahamas Consulate General: Requirements (http://www.bahamasny.net/visas_req)). But in the case of Jamaica - Indian citizens do not require a visa (http://www.congenjamaica-ny.org/visas/) to enter Jamaica. That is the reason that no one in Jamaica asked/ looked for a visa. When I was on AP, I went to Jamaica along with family for vacation and I faced no problem at Jamaica or at the port of entry in the US.

injrav
04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
I went to Bahamas with valid Bahamas visa

After that my colleague [after two months] went for new york to board cruise with out visa.. .. They simply rejected and suggested him to reschedule..

injrav
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
We went on a cruise to Bahamas and no =one checked our Visas. Later i had my inlaws take a cruise (with no Bahamas Visa), they were fine. Do not waste time & money on the Visa. As long as you have a US Visa OR AP you are good.

Lets discuss one scenario
Assume that your / my parents who are cruising needs some medical emergency and cruise people evacuated you through helicopter.
As you took very nice medical/visiting insurance,, assume that they covered every thing.. Now you are in Bahamas city and needs to come back to New york through flight..
As you donot have valid Bahamas visa.. you need to face so many troubles..
above scenario is worst case..

But for my colleague they rejected cruise entry in New york..
When i went to Bahamas through Norwegian cruise Gem,, they clearly insisted on Visa.. and whoever not having visa stamp,, they forced them to reschedule...