PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Finger Print required

deecee2000
03-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello Friends,

I have filled my AOS application in mid Jan 2012 at NSC. I got my EAD+AP a week ago for whole family, but haven't received Finger Print notice yet. We have to travel to India for death of close relative.

Questions:
1. Is there any way, we can walk-in through ASC office and get FP done by showing flight tickets? If so, what the other things needs to consider to connivence them?
2. Is there any risk in GC application if we can not make it right now and reschedule it after we come from India?
3. How safe is return here for H4 on recently got AP? I guess on POE we need to just show the AP card and AP approval notice without any issues,

I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

pkj7461
03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry for your loss...
You can always re-schedule your Finger Print. The notice is usually sent 14 days ahead of time. I hope you are planning to return by then. Please ask someone to monitor the letters for you.
Also, you can return with AP. I dont' see any issues there....

jvs
03-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Simpler path would be have a friend check you mail while you are way. If the bio-metric appointment comes, have it rescheduled. The bio-metric appointment has a check box for rescheduling, have your friend check it and mail the original back to the address mentioned next to the check box. Make sure the friend makes a copy of the original appointment for records. The USCIS service center will reschedule and send a new appointment notice.

Regarding risk of rescheduling on your GC application, I would think is minimum as its part of standard available process, barring any screw ups on part of the application service center, but then again they have screwed up under normal scheduling so it is what it is.