PDA

View Full Version : possible consequences of withdrawing green card application


lily9588
03-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi
I am currently a H1B visa holder and have petitioned for I-140 (my priority date is October 2009). I am thinking about going back to my home country for a job and struggling what to do with my green card application status (i.e., continue or withdraw).

If possible, I would hope to continue the process. Yet I was told that I will not be able to return to US before my priority date becomes current, which will take about another 3.5 years. My potential job in my home country (Taiwan) may require me to come back to US for business trips, so I am wondering how likely I would be able to get business visa to enter US while my green card application is in process.

If it is less likely for me to return to US with an approved business visa, I may consider withdrawing my green card application. I was informed that to do so, I simply write to the following address to discontinue my application. Is this correct? Is there other form or procedure I need to go through to complete the withdrawal?

Nebraska Service Center
PO Box 87090
Lincoln, NE 68502-7090


At last but not least, if someday I decide to return to the US for employment with an approved H1B visa, will I be able to reapply for green card and would my previous termination of green card application affect my new application status or hurt my chance to get the new green card application approved?

Many thanks in advance for your precious advice. :)

go_guy123
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi
I am currently a H1B visa holder and have petitioned for I-140 (my priority date is October 2009). I am thinking about going back to my home country for a job and struggling what to do with my green card application status (i.e., continue or withdraw).

If possible, I would hope to continue the process. Yet I was told that I will not be able to return to US before my priority date becomes current, which will take about another 3.5 years. My potential job in my home country (Taiwan) may require me to come back to US for business trips, so I am wondering how likely I would be able to get business visa to enter US while my green card application is in process.

If it is less likely for me to return to US with an approved business visa, I may consider withdrawing my green card application. I was informed that to do so, I simply write to the following address to discontinue my application. Is this correct? Is there other form or procedure I need to go through to complete the withdrawal?

Nebraska Service Center
PO Box 87090
Lincoln, NE 68502-7090


At last but not least, if someday I decide to return to the US for employment with an approved H1B visa, will I be able to reapply for green card and would my previous termination of green card application affect my new application status or hurt my chance to get the new green card application approved?

Many thanks in advance for your precious advice. :)

No it wont affect at all.