PDA

View Full Version : Travelling through AMASTERDAM & ATV

s416504
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Next month While returning to USA from India, I am travelling through Amsterdam with Advance Parole(AP).
Do I need Airport Transit Visa (ATV) ? Any one has any recent experience?

gclabor07
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
No, you don't need a transit visa to travel through Amsterdam. I just returned from a trip to India using AP. Amsterdam airport and their employees are super nice in this respect.

s416504
03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks gclabor07. I do got same reply from NID.

Thank you for contacting the Netherlands Information Desk.

Please find more information on Airport Transit Visas (ATV) on our website: Airport Transit Visa for the Netherlands / Schengen | The Netherlands Embassy in Washington DC, United States (http://dc.the-netherlands.org/services/consular-services/visa/other-citizens/traveling-to-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa-for-the-netherlands---schengen.html).

A holder of a valid Indian passport does not need an airport transit visa for transit in Amsterdam.

However, please make sure that:

- Your ticket is confirmed (if you have a stand-by ticket, please check with your airline for their rules and regulations!)
- You stay in the international transit zone (DO NOT go through customs and immigration)
- Your luggage is checked through to the final destination.
- Your stopover in the Netherlands is the only one in the Schengen territory (meaning there is no flight to a second Schengen country before you travel to your final destination)

If you are leaving the International transit zone and are going through customs, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa: Traveling to the Netherlands | The Netherlands Embassy in Washington DC, United States (http://dc.the-netherlands.org/services/consular-services/visa/other-citizens/traveling-to-the-netherlands).

An appointment is required in order to apply for a passport or visa (except at the Consulate-General in New York). You can schedule this appointment on www.dutchappointments.com.

Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Netherlands Information Desk (NID) for the Dutch Diplomatic Missions in North America.

No, you don't need a transit visa to travel through Amsterdam. I just returned from a trip to India using AP. Amsterdam airport and their employees are super nice in this respect.