PDA

View Full Version : Prevailing wages mess-up


MK1981
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Dear All Guru's,

I am facing a problem, I have BS + 5 Yrs eligibility for EB2 but I have problem with my package my current package is 87K but the prevailing wages have come out as 99K. There is difference of 12 K.

Can you please help me out. what should I do?

My lawyer is saying they will challenge the DOL with some research surveys to state that I am paid at par as per the market in my region.

Please help me sir I don't want to get into EB3 (But I will keep supporting for HR 3012 whole heartedly).

krishmunn
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Even with EB2, it will take at least 2 years to get GC. Is your employer willing to raise your salary to that level (99K) in 2 years ? If so, yuo can go ahead. Employer need to commit to pay PERM salary after you get a GC, not now .

MK1981
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello Sir..

Thanks for your quick responce, they are not ready to file it till they get a go ahead from DOL on the same.. They are saying we are paying at par & will proof it to DOL.. My basic concern is, is it worth trying all this.

They are not ready to commite they will pay me 99 k in two year after the process is started.

I am very tensed. I don't want to get stuck in the never ending wait of GC in EB3...

kishore.salla
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
whatever you do, Don't file in EB3..EB3 is a blackhole !!!

If EB2 does not work out with current employer..Better leave him and join any new EB2 sponsering employer.

If you start in EB3 and later try to port to EB2..It waste of time, energy,money..
You will be better off to wait an yr and file in EB2 rather than starting it in EB3 now and complicating the things..Believe me I have gone through this..

googly26
03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
I am very new to this site so I would apologize to everyone if posting at a wrong place.....

I have a issue which doesnt seem resolving. I left my past employer A in Jan and since then he is not replying on Final settlement. I already started working with Company B and I am fine.
Employer A is just repeating he will send final settlement sometime but doesnt commit when. He has not even sent my W2 yet for which I have already complained to IRS after giving atleast 20 Warnings to Employer A. IRS will send a notice to the employer A within 10 days.
1) Can someone guide me quickly is it also right to go to DOL and complain??
2) what are the complications I will face and issues I will have to deal with??
3) What are the other things I need to take care of??
4) I left employer A by giving only a weeks notice whereas my offer letter says 1 month notice. Can he Sue me for that??

Request everyone of you to please please suggest......I am very new to USA and have no one to guide .....please thanks