PDA

View Full Version : Advance parole question

IVbuff
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Hello,

I have filed for my wife's advance parole on Mar 5th 2012, her current advance parole expires on 26th June 2012. She is planning to visit India in 1st week of June, but not sure she will get the new AP before she leaves. She is planning on returning to US in August. If the AP is approved after she leaves the US, can I mail/post the AP to her and can she use the new AP to re-enter US in July since the current AP will expire in June.

Thanks for your help.

immigrant0809
03-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello,

I have filed for my wife's advance parole on Mar 5th 2012, her current advance parole expires on 26th June 2012. She is planning to visit India in 1st week of June, but not sure she will get the new AP before she leaves. She is planning on returning to US in August. If the AP is approved after she leaves the US, can I mail/post the AP to her and can she use the new AP to re-enter US in July since the current AP will expire in June.

Thanks for your help.No, that is not possible. If the new Ap is not approved before she leaves, she must return by 26th June 2012 using her existing AP.

Once she has collected her new AP, she is free to depart again.

USCIS: (a) If a foreign national

(i) already possesses a valid, unexpired advance parole,
(ii) applies for a new advance parole while he/she is present in the U.S., and
(iii) then departs the U.S., the foreign national must return to the U.S. during the validity period of the current advance parole already in his or her possession.

If the foreign national returns timely, abandonment of the pending advance parole application would not occur.

However, the foreign national may not remain abroad after the initial advance parole expires and then seek to re-enter at a later time using the subsequent advance parole that was pending adjudication at the time the person departed the U.S.

kishore.salla
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
One has to wait till AP is approved, then ONLY leave USA.

sunny1000
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

You have to wait until the AP is approved before you start the travel.

AnandNJ
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Else if there is any emergency situation to travel while waiting for AP approval, you can get the approval at local field office with supporting evidence documents.