PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa for a minor

ebizash
03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
My parents are planning to visit us this summer. They already have a 10-year B1/B2 visa. My nephew (12 years old) also wants to come with them. I have a question about his visitor visa.

My brother, his wife, and my nephew have tried to get a visitor visa two times and both times they were rejected without any reason. I assume that it was to do with consulate's standard concern about intent-to-immigrate. I honestly don't think they have a chance to get it third time (especially not knowing why it was rejected last two times).

Is there a way for my nephew to apply / get visitor visa for himself?
Is there any different visa for minor accompanying an adult?

Thanks
ebizash

ebizash
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Any advice or experience, please?

smuggymba
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Any advice or experience, please?

I got visa for my niece who was 3 yrs old at that time and I did the same drill that I did for my parents. No questions asked and visa granted.

The only extra thing you need is a letter from both parents that they allow the minor to travel; that's it.

ebizash
03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I got visa for my niece who was 3 yrs old at that time and I did the same drill that I did for my parents. No questions asked and visa granted.

The only extra thing you need is a letter from both parents that they allow the minor to travel; that's it.

Thanks for this great info. Did your niece's parents go to the consulate for visa interview? Od no visa interview was required?

Thanks again!

ebizash
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
anyone else has similar experience or know of someone who got a visa for a minor?