PDA

View Full Version : Employer not paying up please help

kashyapiluri
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
hi friends
Im a contractor and i have the below pay tree
Client-->Wipro-->my employer
on jan27 i have resigned my job from all the 3 layers. But it was a short notice.

im on OPT stem extension,

Neither client nor the Wipro have hard time in paying or approving the time sheets but my employer is not paying me up the jan mnth end salary and he is driving me crazy that he would take legal action by a law suit. :(

Please help or guide me how should i handle this situation

Adminstrators: Im not familiar with Forums , please move it to a correct section if the above issue belongs to another discussion

tracka
03-02-2012, 08:44 PM
hi friends
Im a contractor and i have the below pay tree
Client-->Wipro-->my employer
on jan27 i have resigned my job from all the 3 layers. But it was a short notice.

im on OPT stem extension,

Neither client nor the Wipro have hard time in paying or approving the time sheets but my employer is not paying me up the jan mnth end salary and he is driving me crazy that he would take legal action by a law suit. :(

Please help or guide me how should i handle this situation

Adminstrators: Im not familiar with Forums , please move it to a correct section if the above issue belongs to another discussion

Please contact Department of Labor(DOL) and file a petition . Also inform your Employer that you are going to file a petition, mayh be hearing that he will try to settle that with you. Its a big deal if you petition with DOL, Employerse are scared of petitions with DOL because that will lead to problems in future for them

krishmunn
03-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Please contact Department of Labor(DOL) and file a petition . Also inform your Employer that you are going to file a petition, mayh be hearing that he will try to settle that with you. Its a big deal if you petition with DOL, Employerse are scared of petitions with DOL because that will lead to problems in future for them

Unlikely to help. OP is in OPT not H1. The DOL Medicine works for H1 but not for OPT. OPs best bet is to contact a Labor lawyer. Contact the local bar for referral. Lawyers referred by bar often charge a low fee for first 30 min of consultation

rssb
03-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Does your school have an student advisor who signed on your OPT approval, you can talk to them and see what they say. It all depends on what were your offer conditions and what you signed when you joined. But a good starting point would be your school advisor as sometimes they might know lawyers working for the school who can take up such issues for free.