PDA

View Full Version : I 485 Case status update and options

san3297
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Today my case status updated to as below:

we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.

Searching online I found it indicates that they want to interview a candidate. And it seems they will call for interview only if they see any issues with the case. I am not sure why they called me. I add a small issue regards to I 94 back in Aug 2009 which i posted here at immigration voice and did what ever i could but was unable to do it. The link for it is: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/479989-i-94-date-issue-at-poe.html#post813337

My questions are

Does my interpretation of my case status is correct.
If they call me for interview are they going to indicate in the letter the reason they want me for interview.
If it is the above reason they want me to call for interview, what options do i have. I never left country after that.
My wife h1 is expiring next month and we were planning to use EAD do you think it is safe or i file for H1 Extn.

This thing is really scaring me please let me know your opinions related to this. I am planning to hire a attornery once i have the interview notice and hoping i will never get that.