PDA

View Full Version : Photon with iPad2

krishmunn
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
We are planning to buy iPad. Question is, does iPad2 (no 3G just Wifi) work with Tata Photon (or any other mobile internet provider in India ) ? Or should we buy a 3 G version ? If we buy a 3G version, how easy is it to unlock ?

vinodindia
02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Tata photon is a thumb drive like device and you need a USB port on your machine for it to work. iPads don't have USB port. So your option on wifi model will work only with regular wifi connection. Not sure of unlocking the 3G version and you may be able to google and find that.

UKannan
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
We are planning to buy iPad. Question is, does iPad2 (no 3G just Wifi) work with Tata Photon (or any other mobile internet provider in India ) ? Or should we buy a 3 G version ? If we buy a 3G version, how easy is it to unlock ?

Go for iPad3..

krishmunn
02-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Go for iPad3..

I guess my question still hold

waitingnwaiting
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Tata photon is a thumb drive like device. You need to connect it to your cellphone and then connect cellphone to ipad. Internet will flow from cellphone to your ipad, This is a new unknown feature in ipad3.

gchungry
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I guess my question still hold

My 2 cents..
If you have unlocked android cell phone (with tethering), you can get prepaid data plan on your android cell phone in India, tether it, and your iPad will catch your cell phone's network as wifi.
I used it last time for my laptop wifi when I went to India, (I had pre paid Tata Docomo data plan) and it worked fine.

Angelos
03-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Go for iPad3..

Just take into the account the problems of overheating of new ipad 3 and that it doesn't support 4G.

shouldIwait
03-29-2012, 12:10 PM
iPad3 overheating is a myth. I have one that I'm using for past two weeks pretty heavily but no overheating experienced !

And I have used gchungry's solution and it works. Although my India phone connection was Airtel.