PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Schengen Visa at Belgian Consulate

mjdup
02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Does anyone have any experience applying for Schengen Visa at Belgian Consulate in NY? I'll be applying by mail. Please let me know if you did go through this as to how long does it take receive the passport and visa?

This is for a business visit. I've an EAD/AP and waiting for 485 approval.

sorcerer666
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
As far as I'm aware, you can't obtain a schengen visa without an in-person submission of documents and them collecting your fingerprints. Please confirm this with the consulate, but this link mentions the same:
Embassy of Belgium, Washington, DC - Visa for Visitors (http://www.diplobel.us/TravelingBelgium/Visas/Visitors.asp)

Good luck!

Does anyone have any experience applying for Schengen Visa at Belgian Consulate in NY? I'll be applying by mail. Please let me know if you did go through this as to how long does it take receive the passport and visa?

This is for a business visit. I've an EAD/AP and waiting for 485 approval.

sorcerer666
02-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I should correct myself here, you can only apply by post if you already have had a schengen visa issued by belgium.

As far as I'm aware, you can't obtain a schengen visa without an in-person submission of documents and them collecting your fingerprints. Please confirm this with the consulate, but this link mentions the same:
Embassy of Belgium, Washington, DC - Visa for Visitors (http://www.diplobel.us/TravelingBelgium/Visas/Visitors.asp)

Good luck!

mjdup
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks Sorcerer666, i have had a Schengen visa issued in the past but that was by German consulate.

I'll be going in person but wanted to hear people's experience who have applied with AP since they only mention about H1B and other visas. I'm hoping they recognize and accept EAD/AP as a valid document.

Appreciate your response.

sorcerer666
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
You're welcome. Now that your question is clearer,
Point number 9 says "If returning to the U.S., a valid U.S. resident alien card or a valid U.S. visa."

To be on the safe side, I'd recommend to show an itinerary where you're leaving schengen area to where you have the visa to your destination or going to your home country.

good luck!

Thanks Sorcerer666, i have had a Schengen visa issued in the past but that was by German consulate.

I'll be going in person but wanted to hear people's experience who have applied with AP since they only mention about H1B and other visas. I'm hoping they recognize and accept EAD/AP as a valid document.

Appreciate your response.