PDA

View Full Version : Green Card processing for 3 year degree and GNIIT diploma

bhuplesh
02-22-2012, 11:59 PM
I have 3 year bachelor degree and GNIIT diploma, which involves 2 year of study and 1 year of professional practice. I have total of 8 years of experience, 6 years in India and 2 year in US in same organization. Which category should be good for my green card. Will there be any issues with 3 year degree?

arc
02-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Your Choice is EB3...

What other education do you have how amny years total?

bhuplesh
02-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I don't have any other education. 3 years of bachelor degree + 3 year diploma

vshar
02-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Not 100% sure on this but one of my friend told me that you can take some courses from community college and make your education for 4 years. Please do some research or otherwise you would stuck in EB3, please also consult your attorney. I can check with my friend again on this if you are interested.

Suva
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
I also would like to know more from your friend. Can you please send PM to me?

Thanks

Not 100% sure on this but one of my friend told me that you can take some courses from community college and make your education for 4 years. Please do some research or otherwise you would stuck in EB3, please also consult your attorney. I can check with my friend again on this if you are interested.

bhuplesh
02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks, I would certainly like to know about that. Please send me a message on that.

vishalgupta2
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
OP: If you had 5 years experience before you joined your current company (sponsor), you may be able to file EB2.

AFAIK, 3 years Bachelors + NIIT = US Bachelors + 5 years experience

I am not very sure on this, other more knowledgeable members can comment on this.

anu_t
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
sorry. But 3 years degree + diploma case can be only for Eb3. Lots of chances of Rfe if applied for Eb3.
This is just my opinion but u can always take lawyer's opinion.
MS from a smaller university can be an option.

stillhowlong
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I have 3 year bachelor degree and GNIIT diploma, which involves 2 year of study and 1 year of professional practice. I have total of 8 years of experience, 6 years in India and 2 year in US in same organization. Which category should be good for my green card. Will there be any issues with 3 year degree?

I dont't think three years degree is eligible at all for EB2 unless and until there is another degree or diploma (must be issued by the University) followed by three years degree. As far as NIIT is concerned, it cannot be used to equate the three years degree to 4 years degree as NIIT is private institute and does not have authority to issue the degree.

While filing for EB3 as well, please be careful. You must apply in the skilled worked where the experience can be combined for the education. You should not apply in a professional category in EB3 where it requires minimum U.S. Bachelor degree or equivalent.

Please contact the qualified attorney for more clarity

Thanks
SHL

spicy_guy
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I dont't think three years degree is eligible at all for EB2 unless and until there is another degree or diploma (must be issued by the University) followed by three years degree. As far as NIIT is concerned, it cannot be used to equate the three years degree to 4 years degree as NIIT is private institute and does not have authority to issue the degree.

While filing for EB3 as well, please be careful. You must apply in the skilled worked where the experience can be combined for the education. You should not apply in a professional category in EB3 where it requires minimum U.S. Bachelor degree or equivalent.

Please contact the qualified attorney for more clarity

Thanks
SHL

What about this guys?

3 Years Degree + 3 years Master Degree (MCA) + 3 years of exp prior to joining the petitioning company?

One of my friends is trying to port to EB2. His current PD is EB3 Dec 2006.

stillhowlong
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
What about this guys?

3 Years Degree + 3 years Master Degree (MCA) + 3 years of exp prior to joining the petitioning company?

One of my friends is trying to port to EB2. His current PD is EB3 Dec 2006.

As per the 8 CFR 204.5(k)(3)(i), 3 Years Degree + 3 years Master Degree (MCA) is considered equal to U.S. Masters degree and no additional documents required for equivalency. He should be good to go.

vk2007
02-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Similar question: Is BSc (3 yrs) + MSc (2 yrs) = EB2 ??

Both BSc and MSc are in IT field.

kalypso
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Check this:

Case was denied and approved on appeal.

http://www.uscis.gov/err/B5%20-%20Members%20of%20the%20Professions%20holding%20Ad vanced%20Degrees%20or%20Aliens%20of%20Exceptional% 20Ability/Decisions_Issued_in_2007/Aug152007_02B5203.pdf

spicy_guy
02-23-2012, 05:37 PM
As per the 8 CFR 204.5(k)(3)(i), 3 Years Degree + 3 years Master Degree (MCA) is considered equal to U.S. Masters degree and no additional documents required for equivalency. He should be good to go.

Thanks buddy!

stillhowlong
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM

Your Msc will be equal to U.S. Bachelor degree. You must have 5 years of progressive experience after your Msc. in order to qualify for EB2.

vishalgupta2
02-24-2012, 11:11 AM
What will things look like for me. I have BA + MCA and have 10+ years of experience after MCA.

All my experience before my sponsoring employer which I joined in December 2011.

Will I be good for EB2 either as MCA = MS or as MCA=BS + >5 years experience, or will I have to get in the endless wait for EB3

krishmunn
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM

Remember, the job requirement in this case must be Masters. If the job requirement is Bachelors + 5 years experience, it might be difficult

stillhowlong
02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Remember, the job requirement in this case must be Masters. If the job requirement is Bachelors + 5 years experience, it might be difficult

I totally agree with you.

stillhowlong
02-24-2012, 12:42 PM
What will things look like for me. I have BA + MCA and have 10+ years of experience after MCA.

All my experience before my sponsoring employer which I joined in December 2011.

Will I be good for EB2 either as MCA = MS or as MCA=BS + >5 years experience, or will I have to get in the endless wait for EB3

You are in very good shape as far education is concerned. You labor application must have job requirements like minimum Masters degree or bachelor plus 5 years of experience, so that it will cover both the scenarios.

All the best.

Thanks
SHL

Sachin_Stock
02-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Based on your qualification, it strictly heads towards EB-3.

However based on you work experience, that might pad it enough for EB-2 case.

vishalgupta2
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
You are in very good shape as far education is concerned. You labor application must have job requirements like minimum Masters degree or bachelor plus 5 years of experience, so that it will cover both the scenarios.

All the best.

Thanks
SHL

Thanks SHL. This makes me feel much better than I did earlier as I was scared the BA instead of BCA before MCA may force me to go towards EB3.

stillhowlong
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Based on your qualification, it strictly heads towards EB-3.

However based on you work experience, that might pad it enough for EB-2 case.

Sachin, You mean even if a person has only 3 years degree from India but if he gets higher pay, he can be eligible for EB2? If so, is there any range of salary he must be getting or will be getting upon GC approval?