PDA

View Full Version : B2 visa interview query


sapphire
02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Presently company A holds my H1B. I have submitted all the documents and have selected the interview dates for my parents (B2 visa), which is end of the month. I have shared all the relevant documents with my parents which they would require at the interview. This includes my present employer details as well.

Meanwhile due to some unavoidable circumstances, I will be moving to another company so will have a new sponsor (say company B) and would be transferring my visa. Now I am assuming company B will intimate USCIS about the employment before my parent's visa interview.

Will there be any complications with the interview scheduled later this month, at which point of time I will be no longer with company A, while the documents I had submitted would suggest otherwise. What are my options now ?

The Alchemist
02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
In order to start working for company B all you need to do is file for your H1B transfer to company B. Once you have the receipt for I-797 send it to your parents along with the new offer letter and they should be fine. You can also file for premium processing and get approval in 14 days - given you have that much time to get the copy of your new approved I-797 back to your parents before their interview. If not, then best would be to postpone their appt till you at least get the receipts and start working with company B...

Please note that I don't have a legal background and this is only my opinion.

Presently company A holds my H1B. I have submitted all the documents and have selected the interview dates for my parents (B2 visa), which is end of the month. I have shared all the relevant documents with my parents which they would require at the interview. This includes my present employer details as well.

Meanwhile due to some unavoidable circumstances, I will be moving to another company so will have a new sponsor (say company B) and would be transferring my visa. Now I am assuming company B will intimate USCIS about the employment before my parent's visa interview.

Will there be any complications with the interview scheduled later this month, at which point of time I will be no longer with company A, while the documents I had submitted would suggest otherwise. What are my options now ?