PDA

View Full Version : Use AP for multiple entries

toronto1999
08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I enter US four times this year by using AP, same airport, but different experience. 1st, 2nd and 3rd entry was sent to secondary check. But the 4th entry, the CBP said it's unnecessary for secondary check and fill new I-94 because previous officers are new guys, don't know the rule. I thought 1st entry is definitely need go secondary check.

martinvisalaw
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I enter US four times this year by using AP, same airport, but different experience. 1st, 2nd and 3rd entry was sent to secondary check. But the 4th entry, the CBP said it's unnecessary for secondary check and fill new I-94 because previous officers are new guys, don't know the rule. I thought 1st entry is definitely need go secondary check.

No, it's unusually to be placed in secondary inspection when using AP, in my experience. I haven't heard clients complain about this happening.

mdeepthi
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I used AP two times this year and two times they sent me to secondary inspection.

Rb_newsletter
08-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I used AP two times this year and two times they sent me to secondary inspection.

What is mean by secondary inspection? What do they ask/do in secondary inspection?

toronto1999
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
nothing ask and inspection, just wait a officer stamp on your passport and type sth on computer.

mdeepthi
08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
They just do some additional checks. You just have to wait for the officer to finish the checks.

aps
08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
what other supporting documents we need yo carry when using AP?

such as recent paystubs and employer letter are required ? or just AP document alone is good enough?

thanks,
aps.

div_bell_2003
08-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Usually AP and PP are sufficient for re-entry, but usually people have EVL, paystubs , I-485 receipt notice , AC-21 letter (if applicable) just in case they come across a cranky CBP officer.

gonecrazyonh4
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Just reached back here using my AP for the first time, I was send to the secondary and the officer told all AP's automatically go to secondary. In secondary it took e 1hr to finish the process. All papers were good from my side and the officer also had no doubts but the process was slow , secondary was crowded and took a long wait to get the cleared papers back. I was travelling with my 11 month old who was really upset with the wait. Airport- Sanfrancisco.