PDA

View Full Version : Travel for the first time with GC

pillagandhi
02-20-2012, 07:14 AM
I would be travelling to India after a long time. I am currently on H1B and my 485 just got approved. I am yet to start work with the GC sponsor(Worked for the sponsoring company in past) and will not be working for sponsor till July 2012.

Can I travel to India before I join the sponsor?
What documents do I need to take with me?

Thank you

GCHope2011
02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
I would be travelling to India after a long time. I am currently on H1B and my 485 just got approved. I am yet to start work with the GC sponsor(Worked for the sponsoring company in past) and will not be working for sponsor till July 2012.

Can I travel to India before I join the sponsor?
What documents do I need to take with me?

Thank you
No documents apart from your GC and Passport are needed. They will not even ask you anything about employment - so there is nothing to worry about employer etc. I have traveled twice now, and it is very seamless and both times there was only one question - how long were you out of the country.

IfYouSeekAmy
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Plus you will get to join the short line this time, when you come back .... :D

No documents apart from your GC and Passport are needed. They will not even ask you anything about employment - so there is nothing to worry about employer etc. I have traveled twice now, and it is very seamless and both times there was only one question - how long were you out of the country.