PDA

View Full Version : Received EAD/AP Combo card

istrategist
02-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Since we had a big delay with my wife's AP (over 100 days) resulting in her not being able to renew her driver's license before it expired, I applied for my EAD and AP exactly 120 days before my EAD was going to expire in May.

- Paper filing (since I've never been asked for FP this way)
- Applied to TSC, but they transferred it to VSC
- Received online status updates earlier this week saying both had been approved.
- Received a combo card today.

Could not be more pleased - got a 2 year combo card starting after my current EAD expires in May!

Am EB3I and since I still have a wait ahead of me, this consolation prize was most welcome :)

spaceguy
02-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Since we had a big delay with my wife's AP (over 100 days) resulting in her not being able to renew her driver's license before it expired, I applied for my EAD and AP exactly 120 days before my EAD was going to expire in May.

- Received online status updates earlier this week saying both had been approved.

Could not be more pleased - got a 2 year combo card starting after my current EAD expires in May!

Am EB3I and since I still have a wait ahead of me, this consolation prize was most welcome :)

How much you paid for AP and EAD together.
Is there any monetary benefit by getting combo card ?

My EAD expires in Sep 2012 and I do not have AP now.
I want to apply a combo card and trying to know any benefit by applying a combo card

sanju_dba
02-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Congratulations.
I am pulling up my sleeves to apply for renewing mine today.
Do I need to send my both EAD and AP application together? One cheque?
Can you tell what all docs you sent?

transformer25
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Congrats, istrategist. I am considering doing the same. I have a few questions.

1. How long did it take for your application to get approved?
2. Did you send a single check for $740 or separate payments in same envelope?
3. 3. Do I have to file 2 copies of all supporting docs or 1 is fine?
4. Is all that you do is file both EAD & AP in the same envelope or I need to do something different?
5. I have had paper based AP/EAD before, wih no need for finger printing. Can you confirm that I still won't have to do fingerprinting with a combo app.

istrategist
02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I paid the usual fees of EAD and AP on separate checks.

Last time I applied for EAD and AP separately, I received a 2 year EAD but one year AP, so by that logic the benefit is the filing fees for AP for year 2.

And then there's the fact that you have one less document to worry about.

How much you paid for AP and EAD together.
Is there any monetary benefit by getting combo card ?

My EAD expires in Sep 2012 and I do not have AP now.
I want to apply a combo card and trying to know any benefit by applying a combo card

istrategist
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I created each application separately, two separate checks and put them in one envelope with one cover letter and one email / SMS update form.
On the cover letter, I had this para:
"Please approve the above mentioned applications with a two-year validity period since visa numbers for my category (EB3-India) has retrogressed and is unavailable for my priority date, according to the most recent Department of State Visa Bulletin."

Docs:
1. Form
2. Check
3. Photographs
4. Copy of prior EAD
5. Copy of 485
6. Copy of 140 showing PD
7. Copy of Passport page with photo and biographic info.

All the best!

Congratulations.
I am pulling up my sleeves to apply for renewing mine today.
Do I need to send my both EAD and AP application together? One cheque?
Can you tell what all docs you sent?

istrategist
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
1. Took little under a month (sent to TSC, but they routed it to VSC)
2. Two separate checks - just as if they were separate filings
3. I had two copies, since I created two stand alone applications - one for EAD other for AP
4. I just put both in the same envelope, did not ask for a combo card (since many posters here complained that they received combo cards with 1 year validity)
5. I did paper filing since I had never been asked for FP in the past with paper filings. Same this time - they did not send me FP notice.

All the best!

Congrats, istrategist. I am considering doing the same. I have a few questions.

1. How long did it take for your application to get approved?
2. Did you send a single check for $740 or separate payments in same envelope?
3. 3. Do I have to file 2 copies of all supporting docs or 1 is fine?
4. Is all that you do is file both EAD & AP in the same envelope or I need to do something different?
5. I have had paper based AP/EAD before, wih no need for finger printing. Can you confirm that I still won't have to do fingerprinting with a combo app.

transformer25
02-19-2012, 03:25 AM
thanks for your reply, istrategist. may this journey be over soon for all of us.

sanju_dba
02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the reply .
Did you mentioned any date for intend to travel in your AP form? A blank would be for too?
And for EAD is it still allowed to apply 120 days advance before expiry?

istrategist
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I put June since I was planning a trip then.

EAD is still allowed 120 days before expiry of current one, which is how I timed mine

Thanks for the reply .
Did you mentioned any date for intend to travel in your AP form? A blank would be for too?
And for EAD is it still allowed to apply 120 days advance before expiry?

rbalaji5
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
the trick is paper file both together with a cover letter.

Greentown
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the information.
So, since this is a combined EAD & AP, your new AP is valid only after your current EAD expired date. Am I right?

coolngood4u80
02-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Guys, card production was ordered on my EAD on 02/18/2012. Do you guys know how long would it take to get the actual card? I called USCIS for tracking # and the 2nd level officer told me that my case still shows as pending and its not yet approved. But the online status shows as "Card production ordered" ..So Now I don't know who is correct...:(

HypEss9
04-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I am going to apply EAD renewal and AP soon. In my family there will be 5 applications ( 2 EAD renewal + 3 AP). Do I need to include 5 separate checks or 2 (one for EADs and one for APs)? Do I need to write 2 cover letters for EAD and AP? Should I mention 'Combo' word in my applications? I live in TX in c(9) category so application will be routed to Lewiswille.....Please advise if you have recently filed EAD renewal....

HypEss9
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
iStrategist,

I have sent you a private message for EAD and AP, if you can look. Is there any catch for 2 years combo card....

HypEss9
04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Can you please share some light based on your experience/knowledge on the following:

If I apply for combo EAD and AP for the entire family (Kids do not need EAD), will I get 2 years or 1 year? I got EAD for 2 years but AP 1 year in the past. Now I believe they cannot issue AP for kids for 2 years it means combo can also be 1 year....I also feel in coming months lot of people will be looking answer to this question....

nandu_k_n
04-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi All,

I have very little knowledge in EAD/AP. Could you please explain what is a Combo card? Does it mean, same card is used as both EAD and AP? Who is eligible for the card?

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks.

prabcpa
04-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I am trying to mail them for single combo card. Did you send a single check or seperate checks for AP and EAD. I am trying to find out the info in the QA but could not find it . Thanks for your help.
Can you please share some light based on your experience/knowledge on the following:

If I apply for combo EAD and AP for the entire family (Kids do not need EAD), will I get 2 years or 1 year? I got EAD for 2 years but AP 1 year in the past. Now I believe they cannot issue AP for kids for 2 years it means combo can also be 1 year....I also feel in coming months lot of people will be looking answer to this question....

chakdepatte
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
surprising but true. applied online via e-file on 6/15 when I was out of the country. Got the combo cards with special instructions for me and my wife valid for 2 yrs.

our EAD and AP were supposed to expire in October and November resp. they ate the 3 months and gave us cards valid from july 12 to july 14.

best thing - I just came back to the country and was planning to send my pp snaps and supporting documentation but the cards are here already. no need to send any docs. yoo hoo.

svn
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
surprising but true. applied online via e-file on 6/15 when I was out of the country. Got the combo cards with special instructions for me and my wife valid for 2 yrs.

Congratulations chakdepatte!! That's a very quick turnaround indeed - less than a month! Can you let us know which Service Center you applied to (Texas or Nebraska)? I applied about a week after you did

chakdepatte
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Another thing is that no RFE this time. Past 3 renewals there was an RFE everytime on the pictures. All the best

dval_dpal
07-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Congratulations chakdepatte!! That's a very quick turnaround indeed - less than a month! Can you let us know which Service Center you applied to (Texas or Nebraska)? I applied about a week after you did

I applied same date (6/12) for me and wife (EAD/AP) paperfile to texas.

6/15 text : received files for both applicants (EAD/AP)
7/7 text : 2:45PM EAD approved (myself)
7/7 text : 3:15PM AP approved (myself)
7/9 text : 10.15PM card production ordered (myself)
7/11 text : 7:00AM card mailed (myself)
7/11 text : 9:00PM USPS picked up card (myself)

but no text about AP mailed for myselt and no activity on wife (EAD/AP). I mailed both application for me and wife's together in 2 separate envelope with all required documents and fees.

Anyone going threw same situations??
thanks

ebizash
07-12-2012, 07:02 AM
My 2c - that means you will most probably be receiving a combo EAD-AP card.

I applied same date (6/12) for me and wife (EAD/AP) paperfile to texas.

6/15 text : received files for both applicants (EAD/AP)
7/7 text : 2:45PM EAD approved (myself)
7/7 text : 3:15PM AP approved (myself)
7/9 text : 10.15PM card production ordered (myself)
7/11 text : 7:00AM card mailed (myself)
7/11 text : 9:00PM USPS picked up card (myself)

but no text about AP mailed for myselt and no activity on wife (EAD/AP). I mailed both application for me and wife's together in 2 separate envelope with all required documents and fees.

Anyone going threw same situations??
thanks

gccovet
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Applied@TCS by Efile: 5/16/12 (EAD and AP combo requested for 2 years).
Recd Page: Card approved on 7/5/12 (Checked the SCR # and it was EAD Approval not AP)
Recd Cards: Physical cards reced 7/9/12

No Combo. No AP . No news on AP.

Now waiting for AP.

svn
07-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Applied@TCS by Efile: 5/16/12 (EAD and AP combo requested for 2 years).
No Combo. No AP . No news on AP.

Looks like Texas is doing pretty poorly compared to Nebraska. After making us wait for ten years, its pretty pathetic that they can't even get this right!

sap8076
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
E-Filed 765 & 131 applications on June 1st. Received one concurrent and two individual receipt numbers from Nebraska Service Center. On July 17th, received "Card Production" email on EAD application. There was NO update on AP application. Received card on July 21st and to my pleasant surprise, it was a Combo Card with two year validity. I have no idea why there was no update on the AP receipt number.