PDA

View Full Version : Getting my wife leglized...........

FunkySpaceMan74
02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully respond to this thread. I originally posted this thread in the wrong forum, so I apologize to those who have already seen this.

Ok here goes.

My wife entered the U.S. illegally from Vera Cruz, Mexico about 10 years ago as a minor. She told me that initially she didn't want to come to the U.S. but was forced to go by her parents. I've been legally married to my wife for 5 years now and we have 1 daughter.

My questions are as follows:(1) Because she entered the U.S. as a minor and forced by her parents to come, what would be the steps I would need to take in order to get the legalization/citizenship process started? (2) Does here entering the U.S. as a minor make her case slightly different than that of one who entered the U.S. illegally as an adult? (3) Would she still need to return to Vera Cruz, Mexico while her application is being processed/reviewed??

My wife can prove she entered as a minor by getting her High School transcripts from the school she attended in the U.S., along with her immunization records. I've been wanting to get my wife legalized but don't know where to go or how to start the process.

Thank you again for taking the time to read and hopefully respond to this thread. I'd appreciate any advise you can offer.

kishore.salla
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Lot depends on what status your are on - If you are a US citizen things are a bit ok.

No matter she entered as a minor with or without will..she has illegally entered US. so he has to go out of country to be adjusted.

If you are US citizen and your daughter is..
Then you go out of country... ask for her adjustment based on you being spouse of US citizen
and also request immigration judge to write off her barrement from US (5 or 10 yr ban) based on economic, physical hardship to kid.

But this is very tricky.. Potentially life threating or debarrment for 5/10 yrs from US.
So choose your path carefully with an exprienced immigration attorney.

see this llink:
Dangerous path to legal status for some immigrants - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/09/us/juarez-dangerous-marriage/index.html)