PDA

View Full Version : Visa Cancelled when Taking Care Of Child in Coma

movingon
02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi All

I was wondering if any one of you have heard of this, A company in Boston Cancelled the visa of a consultant, who was taking care of her child, who was recovering from a serious accident,(2010) were in the child was severly brain injured and in coma for over a month was kept alive throu a vendilator.

The reason given by the owner is that his HR advised him to do so and his attorney seconded that.

As per Uscis record the date of cancellation when she was still in hospital taking care of the child

The tragedy is that she was not even informed of the same.

Not paying, asking money for h1, enslaving promising GC filing heard and seen all, but this is .......

shouldIwait
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Please share the name of the company, so that other members and visitors are warned. A plausible reason for they doing this might be that due to the tragedy, mother might not be working (and lost her project) and hence not getting paid. And as per the law, they cannot keep anyone on bench. But even in that case they might have kept her on FMLA leave but they chose the insensitive route. As per law they are supposed to provide her with return air-fare. Did they do that? If not she must complain to USCIS. Also, she must complain to DOL and allege that they illegally fired her due to the health situation whereas she was eligible for FMLA leave. She might have a good chance of even winning a law-suit (consult a labor lawyer). Meanwhile how is she maintaining her immigration status?

movingon
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Surely will share the name of the company once i get the permission, even if they had offered a ticket, how was she to leave her child in the hospital and go, and thanks to the insurance her was getting the best of the treatment here free, and as it was a closed brain injury the with severe short term memory loss, the doctors were not willing to move him to another hospital forget another country, to get a idea of the severity of his injury, the insurance company has designated his condition as catastrophic, and his nureo surgeon, a gentleman with 40 years of experience, says he is a miracle boy, it was not medicine that saved him.
He is back home but still under treatment.

Amman
02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
God bless the boy and his family.We pray for his speedy recovery. The only thing I can say about the company is, heartless animals.Hopefully they will be punished one way or other....

gc_on_demand
02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi All

I was wondering if any one of you have heard of this, A company in Boston Cancelled the visa of a consultant, who was taking care of her child, who was recovering from a serious accident,(2010) were in the child was severly brain injured and in coma for over a month was kept alive throu a vendilator.

The reason given by the owner is that his HR advised him to do so and his attorney seconded that.

As per Uscis record the date of cancellation when she was still in hospital taking care of the child

The tragedy is that she was not even informed of the same.

Not paying, asking money for h1, enslaving promising GC filing heard and seen all, but this is .......

This post is totally fake.

(1) as per op she was consultant and client can't cancel her visas only cancel her from project and since she was not full time company has nothing to do with her personal problems. It should be her company who can give her paid leave or have her maintain visas.

(2) Even in case if her company withdraw visas , she can get CORBA coverage and also file B1/B2 ( visitor ) visas based on emergency situation. USCIS does approve if it is matter of life and death. Even if she had approached to senator they can grant her green card if situation is really matter of life and death.

Amman
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
dude, we are not talking what is legal or what is illegal. this is about what is right , what is wrong. If in fact the boy is in coma, how can anyone with a good heart cancel the visa ? don't you have the moral responsibility as an employer to take care of the boy and his family?
by the way, how do you know this post is fake ?

shouldIwait
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Surely will share the name of the company once i get the permission, even if they had offered a ticket, how was she to leave her child in the hospital and go, and thanks to the insurance her was getting the best of the treatment here free, and as it was a closed brain injury the with severe short term memory loss, the doctors were not willing to move him to another hospital forget another country, to get a idea of the severity of his injury, the insurance company has designated his condition as catastrophic, and his nureo surgeon, a gentleman with 40 years of experience, says he is a miracle boy, it was not medicine that saved him.
He is back home but still under treatment.

For the tickets thing, I certainly did NOT imply that she was to fly back to home country. All I meant was to enquire if the employer fulfilled the legal requirement of providing tickets and if not we can take him to task.

Also, what exactly is the point of your post? Do you want to figure a solution for immigration related issue that this tragedy has given rise to or just inform us that this happened? If its the former, let us know clearly so that we can collectively find a solution. If its the latter then there is no point for that without the name of the company.

movingon
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
First and foremost thanks for your response, totally understood your good intentions, in explaining the return ticket, i posted this for both the reasons you mentioned,
Letting every one know about the situation ( i surely will name the company as soon as she gives the go ahead) and also in regrading to her status.

If you need any specifics to help with her status, please send me a private message, i will respond.

snathan
02-08-2012, 01:32 PM
First and foremost thanks for your response, totally understood your good intentions, in explaining the return ticket, i posted this for both the reasons you mentioned,
Letting every one know about the situation ( i surely will name the company as soon as she gives the go ahead) and also in regrading to her status.

If you need any specifics to help with her status, please send me a private message, i will respond.

I am not sure what kind of help you are looking for?

movingon
02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Suggestions as to how to deal the situation.
She just had her h1b approved without i-94, reason given her h1b was cancelled, she was on a project till she got this info, they have given her company a month to respond, her attorney is discussing as to how to approach this unique situation.

shouldIwait
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't understand why you are divulging details in piecemeal approach. I can understand about the company name but please let us know the entire chronology of events and facts (with dates etc.) and we'll try to answer to the best of our knowledge. Also be warned that you might have to consult a lawyer. I'd suggest use the Free Attorney call being organized by IV tomorrow. Send all the details to Anu (IVcoordinator@gmail.com)

shouldIwait
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't understand why you are divulging details in piecemeal approach. I can understand about the company name but please let us know the entire chronology of events and facts (with dates etc.) and we'll try to answer to the best of our knowledge. Also be warned that you might have to consult a lawyer. I'd suggest use the Free Attorney call being organized by IV tomorrow. Send all the details to Anu (IVcoordinator@gmail.com)

The quality and experience of the lawyers who attend these calls is far superior to small-time local ones. Since the time is short during the call have all your ducks in a row before you begin as they won't have the time to dig out all the details from you.

Green_Always
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
My Guess Here :

The company is small where they have group medical for medical benifits, and now consultant is not working not billing and his medical is going up so they cut it.

This is the drawback of small desi companies they all ( both company and who is working for them ) will be nice and good till things are going fine to both of them.

Problem comes when these kinds of things happen.

movingon
02-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I just emailed Anu , giving her all the details and my contact number, Thanks for your suggestion.

movingon
02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Just got of the phone with the Immv attorneys, thanks to Anu, they did give some very valuable inputs, i have some clue as to how to move ahead on this, will keep you guys updated

PERM12
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Will keep that family in our prayers…. God bless the big heart kid...