PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones in ASC

krishmunn
02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Does ASC allow to carry mobile phone during Finger Printing ? If not, do they have a safe and secure holding area ?

belmontboy
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Does ASC allow to carry mobile phone during Finger Printing ? If not, do they have a safe and secure holding area ?

Why all this fuss. Why not leave the phone in car or at home??

krishmunn
02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Why all this fuss. Why not leave the phone in car or at home??

Cannot keep in car. It is in Boston and they do not have parking. I am taking public transport.

As for home, I have a work related conference call shortly after the FP time and I am not sure if I can reach home in time

mastmunda
02-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Folks,

Can someone please shred some lights on the walk-ins fingerprinting? Due to some personal reasons, if my FP falls on certain date - i may need to do walk-in. Does anyone knows how it works? Do i need to call USCIS?

Thanks,

belmontboy
02-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Folks,

Can someone please shred some lights on the walk-ins fingerprinting? Due to some personal reasons, if my FP falls on certain date - i may need to do walk-in. Does anyone knows how it works? Do i need to call USCIS?

Thanks,

You don't need to call or notify anybody bcoz it is walk-in

belmontboy
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Folks,

Thanks,

Oops didnot finish my previous post.

We did walkin. As suggested you just walkin to ASC.
However it is at the discretion of security guard to let you in.
Few tips:
1.) take your appointment notice
2.) go on wed or thu. ASC will be busy on mon and tue
3.) have a good excuse ready for walkin

HTH

belmontboy
02-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Cannot keep in car. It is in Boston and they do not have parking. I am taking public transport.

As for home, I have a work related conference call shortly after the FP time and I am not sure if I can reach home in time

I dont remember seeing any locker. Perhaps you can turn off ur cell and leave it with the security

sunny1000
02-07-2012, 07:06 PM

4 years ago, i took it with me...i put it on vibrate mode.

nishant2200
02-07-2012, 08:52 PM

you can take, but it has to be on silent mode, I would frankly just shut off the phone.

nsubash1
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Why do you need the phone inside? It is a 15 minute job. Sure life can go on for 15 mins without the cell..:)

krishmunn
02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Why do you need the phone inside? It is a 15 minute job. Sure life can go on for 15 mins without the cell..:)

OK, so where do I keep it for 15 minutes ? You probably did not read the thread

whiz
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I did FP in Houston Southwest 2 days back. They will let you take the mobile phones inside, you just need to keep it in silent mode. They asked me if I have my phone with me, when I said yes, she asked me to put it in silent mode.

The service was excellent, staff were very professional, it took me 15 mins at the most, and they gave everyone who came a feedback form asking about their service and asked us to put it in the dropbox at the exit. I think FP is outsourced here and it was a welcome change from the waits we need to endure at other USCIS offices + Port of Entries.

krishmunn
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Just returned from FP in Boston ASC. Very quick (less than 15 minutes). They do allow cell phone but need to be switched off (though nobody asked any question). The instruction on door says No Cell Phone and there is an added sticker -- Usage (making it No cell phone usage)

thomachan72
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
I went for FP (walkin several days prior to apoint date), had cell phone with me which I turned off. Nobody checked whether I had cell phone/bags etc.

sneni
02-10-2012, 07:50 PM
OK, so where do I keep it for 15 minutes ? You probably did not read the thread

Oh man....tehre are 100 different ways to over come this simple issue. Why don't you take your wife or friend with you and ask the to wait 15 min outside...?

Worst case....go 30 mins early and help some by keep thier mobile or notebooks. And ask same from other who need to give their FPs after you. You are not the only ONE to give FPs right...? Hope you get the point.

belmontboy
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Just returned from FP in Boston ASC. Very quick (less than 15 minutes). They do allow cell phone but need to be switched off (though nobody asked any question). The instruction on door says No Cell Phone and there is an added sticker -- Usage (making it No cell phone usage)

ASC at Gardena, CA said "No cell phones"

xyz0011
02-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I wonder why someone would be so concerned about cell phone leaving in the car. Why cann't you put that in the trunk? Why cann't you leave that at home? Why cann't you leave that at a friend's place near the location? Why cann't you leave it at your office?

krishmunn
02-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I wonder why someone would be so concerned about cell phone leaving in the car. Why cann't you put that in the trunk? Why cann't you leave that at home? Why cann't you leave that at a friend's place near the location? Why cann't you leave it at your office?

Just read the thread before you post something . Or are you posting just because you have to do something ?

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions (including asking a friend to take a half day off and accompany me just to carry my cell phone !) . I am done with this.

deston
11-13-2015, 07:56 PM
For anyone who will read this old thread: I went to Boston ASC, and took my cell phone (and also laptop) with me. I had switched the devices off. Nobody asked me whether I am carrying any electronic devices. There was no issue.

The notice at Boston ASC says "Cell phone use not allowed". Carrying cell phones turned out to be fine.