PDA

View Full Version : EB3-I Pedictions if H.R. 3012 passed

srikant9
02-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Guys,

Wanted to start this thread to get your thoughts or comments about cut off date predictions for EB3-I in the event H.R. 3012 is passed. At present the cutt off date is Aug 15, 2002. :eek:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

floridasun
02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Guys,

Wanted to start this thread to get your thoughts or comments about cut off date predictions for EB3-I in the event H.R. 3012 is passed. At present the cutt off date is Aug 15, 2002. :eek:

Unfortunately EB3-I will not go anywhere unless the apocalypse does happen and US runs out of people and desperately needs people to fill in this empty land. chances of apocalypse happening are about 1% better than chances of Sun rising in the west. In the mean while, EB3-I will be sandwiched between politicians, corporations, immigration attorneys, and any blood suckers who (mis)use every opportunity. sorry for being so dramatic but this is as close a description to explain EB3-I's plight.

unluckydude
02-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately EB3-I will not go anywhere unless the apocalypse does happen and US runs out of people and desperately needs people to fill in this empty land. chances of apocalypse happening are about 1% better than chances of Sun rising in the west. In the mean while, EB3-I will be sandwiched between politicians, corporations, immigration attorneys, and any blood suckers who (mis)use every opportunity. sorry for being so dramatic but this is as close a description to explain EB3-I's plight.

I can understand your frustration. I am not sure how long you have been here/waiting....but for me it will be 13 years in this country and still the card is not in sight :mad:

immigrant2007
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
I request you all to stop responding to this thread. It is very negatvie and could be created by some person to delibertaly spread rumours with an aim discourage EB3 from supporting the HR 3012. I am EB3 and in country since 1999.

chikna
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I can understand your frustration. I am not sure how long you have been here/waiting....but for me it will be 13 years in this country and still the card is not in sight :mad:

I will be completing 14 years next month. I might wait another year at the most.:mad:

skpanda
02-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Dont count your chicken before they hatch... divert your energy towards supporting efforts to achieve HR 3012.

Rest assured...EB3I will be in very good position after HR 3012.

PERM12
02-07-2012, 12:10 AM
I second itÖ

Support 3012 in 2012 by 112 congress!!!

Dont count your chicken before they hatch... divert your energy towards supporting efforts to achieve HR 3012.

Rest assured...EB3I will be in very good position after HR 3012.

srikant9
02-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I request you all to stop responding to this thread. It is very negatvie and could be created by some person to delibertaly spread rumours with an aim discourage EB3 from supporting the HR 3012. I am EB3 and in country since 1999.

I am in the same boat as you are and have been in US since 1999. As matter of fact, we both have same priority year 2004. This thread has not been opened to get negative about supporting H.R. 3012. By the way I support H.R. 3012 and had contributed to immigrationvoice, have written letters to senators, congressman and have also submitted to supporting letters from my employer to support H.R. 3012 per instructions from immigrationvoice. Also, there are other threads in this forums they are predicting for EB2 I priority cut off dates. Then, I cannot see a reason why there is a problem in predicting cut off dates for EB3 I? Have you asked EB2 members not to predict cut off dates?

smuggymba
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM

At least you have EAD. Post July 2007 EB3 ppl have nothing to bank upon.

thomachan72
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Guys,

Again I am no expert at all and if you notice most experts are no better than anybody with a decent intelligent guessing ability. So without using lots of acronyms I would like to make my prediction.
With 3012 being passed we would notice clearing of EB2 2008 easily and well into 2009. Add the fact that after 2008 the EB2 filings (India/china) have been quite low. This will therefore force the CO to allocate visa numbers (spillovers) into the EB3 I/C (retrogressed groups) without any question.
On top of this we also have to remember that EB3 I/C will immediately get a benefit of atleast a few hundreds when 7% goes upto 15% and then keeps increasing over a 5 year period.
When we combine both of these the PD will most likely jump to mid or late 2005 by end of 2012. The CO can easily do that without fear of being flooded with applications since most of them are already filed anyways.
The movement speed will increase in 2013 for sure.
The basic thing is the 2007/2008 EB2 backlogs. Once these are cleared then I dont really think there is many blocks for numbers to fall into EB3.
Nutshell; We have lots to gain with passage of 3012 so concentrate all energy and use any resouces (social media/chinese-indian student/other social groups etc) to get in more funds for our lobbying. Everything is about lobying even though it is for the most pure and honest goals. :D

Suva
02-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't think you are right in speculation here.

1) Spillover visas after EB-2 I/C becomes current would not be allocated to EB3-India instead it would be allocated to EB3-ROW. It would only be allocated to EB3-India once EB3-ROW becomes current and I do not see that possibility in next 5 years.

2) You have mentioned quota would go up from 7% to 15%. This is incorrect. This quota would be abolished and visas would be allocated on FIFO basis. So if 3012 is passed then EB3-India would move to Jan, 2005 immediately (approximately) due to 40,000 visas availability in EB3 category in every year.

But I agree with other persons here on the forum that it is useless to speculate date movement if 3012 is passed now. Instead we should divert our energy to action items and more donations towards HR-3012.

Thanks

Again I am no expert at all and if you notice most experts are no better than anybody with a decent intelligent guessing ability. So without using lots of acronyms I would like to make my prediction.
With 3012 being passed we would notice clearing of EB2 2008 easily and well into 2009. Add the fact that after 2008 the EB2 filings (India/china) have been quite low. This will therefore force the CO to allocate visa numbers (spillovers) into the EB3 I/C (retrogressed groups) without any question.
On top of this we also have to remember that EB3 I/C will immediately get a benefit of atleast a few hundreds when 7% goes upto 15% and then keeps increasing over a 5 year period.
When we combine both of these the PD will most likely jump to mid or late 2005 by end of 2012. The CO can easily do that without fear of being flooded with applications since most of them are already filed anyways.
The movement speed will increase in 2013 for sure.
The basic thing is the 2007/2008 EB2 backlogs. Once these are cleared then I dont really think there is many blocks for numbers to fall into EB3.
Nutshell; We have lots to gain with passage of 3012 so concentrate all energy and use any resouces (social media/chinese-indian student/other social groups etc) to get in more funds for our lobbying. Everything is about lobying even though it is for the most pure and honest goals. :D

StarSun
02-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Put your efforts in raising awareness on HR 3012 in your community. Get the support you need from your citizen friends, ask them to write to the senators on behalf of the bill. Raise funds for HR 3012. This bill is the first bill on immigration to pass the US House in 11 years. We have a good shot at in the Senate. Our goal should and must be to get the Senate to be on our side as well. Focus your efforts on this bill. It will bring relief to all, and make the system fair.

Spend any time you have to spare on raising awareness and funds among your friends. You will get the results you need, and the satisfaction of being part of HR 3012's success.

The question should never be "if", it should always be "when". Half the answer to "when" always lies with us!

If you want to volunteer, contact me.

neelu8
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think you are right in speculation here.

1) Spillover visas after EB-2 I/C becomes current would not be allocated to EB3-India instead it would be allocated to EB3-ROW. It would only be allocated to EB3-India once EB3-ROW becomes current and I do not see that possibility in next 5 years.

2) You have mentioned quota would go up from 7% to 15%. This is incorrect. This quota would be abolished and visas would be allocated on FIFO basis. So if 3012 is passed then EB3-India would move to Jan, 2005 immediately (approximately) due to 40,000 visas availability in EB3 category in every year.

But I agree with other persons here on the forum that it is useless to speculate date movement if 3012 is passed now. Instead we should divert our energy to action items and more donations towards HR-3012.

Thanks

Just to clarify, HR3012 eliminates country limits, so there will be no concept of EB-ROW and EB3-I after the transition period of 3 years.
1) Spillover from EB2 will go to the EB3 applicants who have been waiting the longest based on priority date, regardless of which country.
2) Yes, there will be no country based quota. Except, in the transiiton period certain % won't be FIFO and are reserved for ROW and also ensure that all backlogged countries get relief. After the transition period, everything will be FIFO.

Having clarified the details of the bill, please please put all your efforts in getting this bill through its final stages. There is a lot of positive activity going on in the background and things are looking good. But we need each and everyone's support. It is not done till it is done. NOW is the time to contribute, spread the word and actively participate in all action items. Consider how important this is to your lives and for all future employment based immigrants. And many thanks to everyone who have been diligently participating in all AIs!

frustratingGC
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
This thread assumes HR 3012 already passed, don't spread negative thoughts...:)

Suva
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the correction.

Just to clarify, HR3012 eliminates country limits, so there will be no concept of EB-ROW and EB3-I after the transition period of 3 years.
1) Spillover from EB2 will go to the EB3 applicants who have been waiting the longest based on priority date, regardless of which country.
2) Yes, there will be no country based quota. Except, in the transiiton period certain % won't be FIFO and are reserved for ROW and also ensure that all backlogged countries get relief. After the transition period, everything will be FIFO.

Having clarified the details of the bill, please please put all your efforts in getting this bill through its final stages. There is a lot of positive activity going on in the background and things are looking good. But we need each and everyone's support. It is not done till it is done. NOW is the time to contribute, spread the word and actively participate in all action items. Consider how important this is to your lives and for all future employment based immigrants. And many thanks to everyone who have been diligently participating in all AIs!

snthampi
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Is there any other fix than HR3012 for EB3I folks?
Like USCIS autometically port the EB3 to EB2 if file is pending more than 5 years?

I think, recapturing of unused visa numbers can help.

lost_in_migration
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Ability to upgrade from EB3 to EB2 by filing a form and paying a fee (which can be used for training of Americans just like the fee they have for H1) for PDs older than 5 years (5 yrs because EB2 needs minimum of 5 yrs of Experience without Masters) would be extremely helpful to alleviate the pain EB3 has been going through.

I may be wrong but I believe this would be an administrative change and we may bypass congress altogether on this. Even if it needs to go to congress it may get more support due to the contribution that goes to the "Training Fund" for Americans. Also we will get support from EB3-ROW but EB2 may not like this ;)

I tend to believe that racism is at the heart of Grassley's opposition even though he does not say so, as he is not as upfront as Steve King. After all HR 3012 helps Mexico, Philippines, China & India. All of these are Non-White countries. EB3-to-EB2 upgrade crosses race boundaries hence the racist elements in Congress won't object to this as they would do for HR 3012.

Is there any other fix than HR3012 for EB3I folks?
Like USCIS autometically port the EB3 to EB2 if file is pending more than 5 years?

anne_suresh
02-20-2012, 10:57 AM
We have waited more number of years than the ones who are getting the green cards in 3-5 years after they come to the US. We are here for 15-20 years. We should be given citizenship directly. What do you think?

lost_in_migration
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Key Republican senators sign up to Irish E3 visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Key-Republican-senators-sign-up-to-Irish-E3-visa-bill-139570188.html)

The addition of the two Republican Senators would move the numbers of senators in favor of the bill to a definite 58 just two short of a filibuster proof majority.

Not Sure if this is about S.1983 or just S.2005.

smuggymba
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Key Republican senators sign up to Irish E3 visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Key-Republican-senators-sign-up-to-Irish-E3-visa-bill-139570188.html)

The addition of the two Republican Senators would move the numbers of senators in favor of the bill to a definite 58 just two short of a filibuster proof majority.

Not Sure if this is about S.1983 or just S.2005.

What about the jewish E3 visa? I'm sure more country specific visa bills will pop up.

lost_in_migration
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Meanwhile Irish Central understands that Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa. who has been opposed to the bill, has softened his stance and is now open to negotiation with Senator Brown and Democrats.

The great irony would be E3 passes without HR 3012 :mad:
I would like to see E3+HR3012 pass rather than having no action on HR3012 at all, which seems more likely the case.
Under the pressure of reaching the mark of 60 within a week or so, Grassley has softened his stand on E3. He seems to have no such pressure when it comes to HR3012 :(

What about the jewish E3 visa? I'm sure more country specific visa bills will pop up.

immigrant0809
02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
What about the jewish E3 visa? I'm sure more country specific visa bills will pop up.There is no Israeli E-3 Visa Bill.

The Bill benefiting Israelis concerns the E-2 category, which is a NONIMMIGRANT TRADERS AND INVESTORS visa.

Saralayar
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
We have waited more number of years than the ones who are getting the green cards in 3-5 years after they come to the US. We are here for 15-20 years. We should be given citizenship directly. What do you think?
Yes you are correct. I started few threads in IV related to that. But unfortunately, no one is interested in those type of ideas.

smuggymba
02-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes you are correct. I started few threads in IV related to that. But unfortunately, no one is interested in those type of ideas.

Ideas are good but these are far fetched dreams.

The long pending wait on HR 3012, which passed with overwhelming support in the house and is lagging in the senate tells us that.

lost_in_migration
02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Direct Citizenship is just too much to ask. Even CIR proposals didn't bypass to give citizenship! I think even small measures like EB2 upgrade will make considerable difference.

waitingnwaiting
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM

If someone thinks this is a good idea, more needs to be done than starting new threads. That someone needs to take time off and meet many lawmakers many times himself in DC and see the support. Then report it here to get more people interested. Contribute many thousands of his own funds to it and lead the way in lobbying. Every day there is one new person suggesting a new idea they think will convert water into gasoline and wants someone else to work for them. See http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/2762130-president-obama-sends-startup-america-legislative-agenda-to-congress-4.html#post3255292
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/2781547-eb3-i-pedictions-if-h-r-3012-passed-2.html#post3261742

We need to stop being VPs and Managers of ideas and for once be actual coders of our brillant ideas.

waitingnwaiting
02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Direct Citizenship is just too much to ask. Even CIR proposals didn't bypass to give citizenship! I think even small measures like EB2 upgrade will make considerable difference.

How about upgrading everyone to EB1. Why just EB2?

gcnov2002
02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Ability to upgrade from EB3 to EB2 by filing a form and paying a fee (which can be used for training of Americans just like the fee they have for H1) for PDs older than 5 years (5 yrs because EB2 needs minimum of 5 yrs of Experience without Masters) would be extremely helpful to alleviate the pain EB3 has been going through.

I may be wrong but I believe this would be an administrative change and we may bypass congress altogether on this. Even if it needs to go to congress it may get more support due to the contribution that goes to the "Training Fund" for Americans. Also we will get support from EB3-ROW but EB2 may not like this ;)

I tend to believe that racism is at the heart of Grassley's opposition even though he does not say so, as he is not as upfront as Steve King. After all HR 3012 helps Mexico, Philippines, China & India. All of these are Non-White countries. EB3-to-EB2 upgrade crosses race boundaries hence the racist elements in Congress won't object to this as they would do for HR 3012.

You are forgetting that EB2-India would not support this.. Some of them were posting messages on these boards protesting that EB3 porting to EB2 is allowed at all.. We will see the same reaction to this proposal from them as we are seeing from ROW guys now..
Who wants to see their advantage taken away ?

super25
07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Now that senate has lifted the hold, what is the current situation for EB3 India?

pappu
07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Now that senate has lifted the hold, what is the current situation for EB3 India?

Situation for EB3 India is same as it was before. Lifting the hold does not mean bill has passed. :)

Let us not count chickens before they are hatched. The next step is participating in action items and getting the bill passed. We need everyone's time and attention to accomplish that. Let us not get distracted.

Suva
07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Same as before. Just do the action items.

TeddyKoochu
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Guys,

If HR 3012 becomes the law of the land by 01-Oct -2012 then within a year the dates for EB3-I will move to somewhere in 2004 which otherwise would take up to 8 - 10 years. In the first year of implementation EB3-I has the most to gain in terms of years of movement because it is very far behind ROW counterparts, similar argument applies for Eb2-I however it has a higher density than EB3-I. We do discuss EB3-I on the predictions thread as others have pointed out further discussion it is more appropriate when the bill actually gets passed and itís a fair playing field to individuals of all nationalities.

psaxena
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Guys,

Forget about that, lets first predict when is it going to come to the floor for voting.
With so less of time left ,can this bill be able to the see the floor? I am sceptical and scared. I pray everyday and for the past 7 months this is the only thing I have been praying for so , if the God keeps count like the letters to the senator I got a pretty good up their for the Almighty to do something about it.