PDA

View Full Version : Bio metrics with Driving license

kumar1981
02-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I live in Texas state but I got OH state Driving license. For the bio metrics appointment, we are supposed to take a photo id and im planning to take my Indian passport, as my DL is from other state and I believe this might be a probelm in Texas. Please let me know guys.

Thanks,
Kumar.

shouldIwait
02-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Why don't you get a license transfer done before that. Obviously you do know that it is illegal beyond 30 days...

kumar1981
02-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi,

I tried to change my license from OH to TX but TX got a rule that the visa should be valid alteast 6 months to get a DL. My visa is going to expire soon and they denied to give me a Texas DL. So Im continuing to use my OH DL. Will it be ok to carry indian passport for ID proof! Please suggest.

shouldIwait
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes it is perfectly OK to carry Indian passport. It'd be best if it is valid for 6 months or more.

Also, in your situation it's OK to carry Ohio state license too, because you have a good reason for it.

Best of Luck !

The Alchemist
02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
It shouldn't matter if your passport visa stamp is valid or expired. Assuming you are on H1B, your H1B I-797 approval notice should suffice - provided that has more than 6 months left on it!
But passport will work too.

Hi,

I tried to change my license from OH to TX but TX got a rule that the visa should be valid alteast 6 months to get a DL. My visa is going to expire soon and they denied to give me a Texas DL. So Im continuing to use my OH DL. Will it be ok to carry indian passport for ID proof! Please suggest.

kumar1981
02-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Donquit,

When I said my visa was going to expire soon, I meant my I-797 and not stamping in my passport. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks SHOULDIWAIT for your valuable suggestions.