PDA

View Full Version : HR3012 - positive developments

PHANI_TAVVALA
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Definitely a positive development.
"http://www.irishcentral.com/news/New-move-means-Irish-E3-visa-bill-now-likely-to-pass-senate-138470709.html"

"The prospects of passage for an E-3 visa bill allowing up to 10,000 Irish a year to come and work permanently in the U.S. have increased dramatically this week.

On Tuesday New York Senator Charles Schumer hotlined the bill in the Senate, meaning that he is seeking unanimous consent for its passage.

The bill, known informally as the Schumer/Leahy/Durbin bill, is attached to other legislation which would allow more skilled hi-tech workers from China, India and Mexico into the U.S.

In its original form, without the Irish component, the hi-tech bill passed the House 319-14, with Silicon Valley companies in particular playing a major lobbying role.

However, when that bill came to the Senate, Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa placed a hold on it. The Irish lobby then became involved, demanding an Irish E-3 bill.

Reacting to that, Schumer introduced the Irish amendment which would allow the E-3 visas.
Morrison rated chances for passage of the current bill as “better than 50/50,” but stated chances were “very good” for an overall or revised bill at some point.
Schumer is the lead sponsor, along with Senators Leahy and Durbin, of S.1983. “This bill presents the rarest of opportunities to work together to pass a historic bill that will both open up, for the first time in decades, an avenue for legal Irish immigration to America and allow us to attract the kind of innovators who can create job growth in America."

If it does get passed in the Senate then it goes back to the House for approval, but having almost unanimously passed there already, there is no expectation that it will be blocked.

“We have a golden opportunity,” said Ciaran Staunton, president of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform, which has led the charge.

Myjunk
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Definitely a positive development.
"http://www.irishcentral.com/news/New-move-means-Irish-E3-visa-bill-now-likely-to-pass-senate-138470709.html"

"The prospects of passage for an E-3 visa bill allowing up to 10,000 Irish a year to come and work permanently in the U.S. have increased dramatically this week.

I lived and worked in Ireland. Total irish population was 3M when I left(2002). 10K visa every year means in 25 years the country will be here? Are they serious about it? :eek:

mechanical13
02-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Funny: 25 x 10,000 = 250,000.

The entire population won't come here, don't worry!

bibliophile2020
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I am not excited about linking HR 3012 with Irish E3 bill. HR 3012 passed with overwhelming majority in the house and enjoyed tremendous bipartisan support. Something unprecedented at a time when the two parties could not agree on any thing. Now every one wants to piggy back this bill. We want to remove per country caps, how can they link this bill to something that asks for visas based on country of origin? I hope HR 3012 passes the senate by it self.

Suva
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish...

Read more: GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/GOP-Senator-Charles-Grassley-puts-a-hold-on-E3-immigration-bill-for-the-Irish-138556224.html#ixzz1lElk1Z2f)
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/GOP-Senator-Charles-Grassley-puts-a-hold-on-E3-immigration-bill-for-the-Irish-138556224.html)

tatikonda
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Senator Charles Schumer D- New York moved to expedite the bill on Wednesday and had 53 Democratic co-sponsors.
It is believed up to eight Republicans will sign on led by Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts, which would give the bill a filibuster-proof majority in the senate.

Suva
02-02-2012, 10:20 AM
If the undocumented one pushed by Schumer is amended to HR-3012 then it would have difficulty in House. If it is Senator Scott Brown's Irish bill which does not include undocumented then it should sail through House.

Senator Charles Schumer D- New York moved to expedite the bill on Wednesday and had 53 Democratic co-sponsors.
It is believed up to eight Republicans will sign on led by Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts, which would give the bill a filibuster-proof majority in the senate.

thomachan72
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I guess what is being attempted here is to include an amendment (new irish visas) to 3012. The main point is that the amendment being sought to be included is "completely unrelated" to the orignal bill. Doesn't that allow the bill proponents some power to reject the amendment on a friendly note, while potentially agreeing to consider the irish agenda seperately? 3012 does not raise immigration numbers while irish amendment does so I have a strong feeling that these will be kept seperate. Having said that, it is also possible that the supporters of irish agenda(mostly democrats) can simply refuse to support 3012 during a cloture vote (but not a strong possibility since they have already voiced support for 3012 + the unrelated amendment and also the fact that 3012 falls into the presidents agenda). Nobody can be sure and all we can do is guestimate now about the potential outcomes but try to remain positive and we might actually pull through successfully despite all these obstacles :D:D

Myjunk
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Funny: 25 x 10,000 = 250,000.

The entire population won't come here, don't worry!

I think you need to go back to elementary with your kids.:rolleyes:

25 years = 300 months (each year has 12 months not 10) ;)

300 x 10K = 3M

ArkBird
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM

300 x 10K = 3M

Dear Einstein,

You too can use elementary education in reading...

Read the post again it is 10K per year and not per month!

baangdus
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM

300 x 10K = 3M

Seriously :). Where does it say 10,000 per month?

unluckydude
02-02-2012, 11:10 AM

300 x 10K = 3M

Oh boy.....where did it they say MONTH?:confused:

immigrant2007
02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish...

Read more: GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/GOP-Senator-Charles-Grassley-puts-a-hold-on-E3-immigration-bill-for-the-Irish-138556224.html#ixzz1lElk1Z2f)
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/GOP-Senator-Charles-Grassley-puts-a-hold-on-E3-immigration-bill-for-the-Irish-138556224.html)

Tit for tat

pak
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM

300 x 10K = 3M

I am sure you do not think before posting. Think twice, do your homework and then post.

psaxena
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Why IV twitter ticker is running as anti immigration messages on the ticker?

srikant9
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
If E-3 bill is attached as amendment to HR 3012 and is passed in Senate, does this bill with amendment requires another voting process in House to pass in House? If this is the case, then it will delay the passage of the bill.

I wonder where was Senator Schumar when H.R. 3012 was presented in House and why he did not bring E-3 bill then.. I think it is dirty politics he is playing. I believe HR 3012 should "NOT" add any amendment to it as we have seen in House when it was debated the try to add amendments and most of them get rejected. This is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

immigrant2007
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
agreed

Myjunk
02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Dear Einstein,

You too can use elementary education in reading...

Read the post again it is 10K per year and not per month! oops, is it per year? :eek:

my bad. he will not go to elementary instead I may go. :D

sanjaymm
02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
A bill not passed in the Senate in its original form will have to go back to House for approval. Does this amendment not take us into a loop.

chakdepatte
02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
On the senate floor or getting floored.

Looks like Grassley will put Hold on anything that has 'immigration' on it. Wonder if his kids will be able to submit any papers in school on Immigration.

if E-3 clears and puts 3012 in trouble, we should start a class action lawsuit for discrimination. enuf St. Patricks Day and cinco de Mayo celebrations.

sanju_dba
02-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I am not as confident as yesterday, as some one raised, this is "Fairness Act" why to bring again Irish country based in this? Looks like anti's know how to overload this bill to collapse. I am hoping Irish E3 visa provision should seek some other boat and leave HR 3012 alone.

neel_gump
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I am not as confident as yesterday, as some one raised, this is "Fairness Act" why to bring again Irish country based in this? Looks like anti's know how to overload this bill to collapse. I am hoping Irish E3 visa provision should seek some other boat and leave HR 3012 alone.

Totally agree!!

DallasBlue
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM

HR3012 has to pass stand alone. It is to end the inequality.
The way to Truth is Equality and Truth alone Triumphs.

Amman
02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
with all these confusion & frustration with past couple of days, the IV core has any update ? any new info would energize the groups...

mechanical13
02-02-2012, 04:45 PM

300 x 10K = 3M

I pray that the HR 3012 antis don't see this post. It defines a new kind of high skills in the tech industry. :)

Guess you read the post wrong. Its 10k per year...not 10k per month. Over 25 years, one will have 25 x 10 = 250,000 people max in this country.

shining
02-02-2012, 04:48 PM
with all these confusion & frustration with past couple of days, the IV core has any update ? any new info would energize the groups...

IV please provide an update --it would definitely help energize the group. Please do note that folks visiting IV is also dropping due to no periodic updates.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=3m&u=.com&&u=immigrationvoice.org&

unluckydude
02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Voting for amendments is under way for S2038 followed by final passage later today.

Hope our bill comes up next :)

shining
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Several Amendments out there --so this will go on for a while --

praskar
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
The fact that IV hasn't provided us an update means that something good is going on behind the scenes. Let's just wait and watch and avoid speculation. I know it's hard for all of us, but asking Pappi and the likes isn't going to help! They know our situation and they'll share news when they deem it right.

gk_2000
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Looks like the s.2038 is done: U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote Summary - 112th Congress, 2nd Session (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_112_2.htm)

Now what? They went home??

girish989
02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
The fact that IV hasn't provided us an update means that something good is going on behind the scenes. Let's just wait and watch and avoid speculation. ----

:D Man I love you guy and your optimism or may be call it naivety

pappu
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
HR3012 has to pass stand alone. It is to end the inequality.
The way to Truth is Equality and Truth alone Triumphs.

HR 3012 is in a crucial stage. We have been leading this bill from the beginning and these days Also discussing with various interest groups related to the bill and feel good where the talks are going. However we need lot of support to get it through the senate. Please contribute without wait so that we can pour more resources ASAP into this bill to bring it on senate floor. It is now or never for the next 2 years.

This is an urgent action item.

pappu
02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
IV please provide an update --it would definitely help energize the group. Please do note that folks visiting IV is also dropping due to no periodic updates.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=3m&u=.com&&u=immigrationvoice.org&

We do not care about traffic. Only sites that make money from tracking and predictions or services want more traffic and business.

We on the other hand want the opposite. We want everyone to get their greencard so that they do not have to waste time predicting, tracking or writing on forums when they could be ar spending time in their careers or family.

About updates, we cannot provide regular updates. For us bill getting passed is more important than satisfying curiosity of few or give clues to opposition. Hope you would understand and support our position.

gumpena
02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Senate is done for this week and will not return until Monday

shining
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Pappu,
I think About Updates ----you meant you will not --vs. cannot

and it is understandable --

Cheers
Shining

We do not care about traffic. Only sites that make money from tracking and predictions or services want more traffic and business.

We on the other hand want the opposite. We want everyone to get their greencard so that they do not have to waste time predicting, tracking or writing on forums when they could be ar spending time in their careers or family.

About updates, we cannot provide regular updates. For us bill getting passed is more important than satisfying curiosity of few or give clues to opposition. Hope you would understand and support our position.

StarSun
02-02-2012, 07:44 PM
The fact that IV hasn't provided us an update means that something good is going on behind the scenes. Let's just wait and watch and avoid speculation. I know it's hard for all of us, but asking Pappi and the likes isn't going to help! They know our situation and they'll share news when they deem it right.

Thank You!

floridasun
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks Pappu and IV. It sure looks optimistic as the doors are not fully closed. Even if anyone is not optimistic, there is always hope that they make everyone current every 4 years - at least that's what happened in 2003, 2007. hope 2012 follows this pattern and we all become current ;)

pak
02-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Senate Dems Delaying Jobs Bills Backed by POTUS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8BEWrD-Ks&feature=share)

watch @ 3.08 minute mark.

unni79
02-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for sharing...

Suva
02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Nice to see this video.

Senate Dems Delaying Jobs Bills Backed by POTUS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8BEWrD-Ks&feature=share)

bibliophile2020
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Nice job Mr.Speaker and a job well done. Thank you very much. I hope Senate majority leader takes it from here.

shining
02-03-2012, 01:42 AM

Thanks for posting this --Video was High Resolution and you can see 3012 in house speakers hand--on the other end, even though John Boehner is asking dems to get this bill passes --he should apply some pressure on his fellow Republican Grassley, its Grassley who is holding up things here--
Cheers
Shining

nosightofgc
02-03-2012, 05:09 AM
[oQUOTE=pappu;3217678]
HR 3012 is in a crucial stage. We have been leading this bill from the beginning and these days Also discussing with various interest groups related to the bill and feel good where the talks are going. However we need lot of support to get it through the senate. Please contribute without wait so that we can pour more resources ASAP into this bill to bring it on senate floor. It is now or never for the next 2 years.

This is an urgent action item.[/QUOTE]

Folks, please contribute. Even if you contributed earlier, this is the time. I will do my 6 th round shortly.

thomachan72
02-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Nice video. Grrrrrrrrrrrasley come on man let go your hold

immigrant2007
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Nice to see this video.

This is turning out to be like Jan Lokpal in India where neither party wants it but finally wants to put blame on the other. If republicans are so sincere why don't they ask their senator to release hold on HR3012 without any addendus to it or without a compromise. They always wanted to blame its failure on DEMOCRATS.

gumpena
02-08-2012, 06:53 AM
It is not the question of one Senator's hold, H.R.3012 is bogged down because of senators other agenda.

senram
02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
But based on the prediction HR3012 got the support of 53 democrat support and 11 republican and that is enough to override the hold if it is brought directly to senate. Must be some negotiation going on the background . It is just beginning of the year lot of time is there unlike past years.

It is not the question of one Senator's hold, H.R.3012 is bogged down because of senators other agenda.

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Folks, what exactly is stopping us from sending flowers to Mr.Grassely requesting him to take out the hold on the bill? A flower campaign.

neel_gump
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Folks, what exactly is stopping us from sending flowers to Mr.Grassely requesting him to take out the hold on the bill? A flower campaign.

Yes!! and to Mr Reid to start Motion to Cloture!!

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 09:56 AM

Ok, so we will send flowers to both Reid and Grasseley. Let's put up a message separately for each of them, that will go with flowers.

dts
02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Ok, so we will send flowers to both Reid and Grasseley. Let's put up a message separately for each of them, that will go with flowers.

Guys,
This should be approved by IV as Action item.
Any self action item can derail everything. Ask IV Admin before doing anything.

MahaBharatGC
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Why IV twitter ticker is running as anti immigration messages on the ticker?

I like your positive expectation that you will be getting by Sep 2028.
I always believed that without a bill like 3012, I will have my GC when I have Grand Kids...:mad:

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I agree with you guys, let's do it.
Let's give senator chuck grassley's contact detail to everyone and start the flower campain

I think its better send to their Washington DC offices. As the senate is in session and they might be there in DC actively. Any second thought on this. Here are the addresses:

Grassley Washington, DC Office
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Harry Reid, DC office
522 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

We have to draft the messages carefully.

unluckydude
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM

I agree with you guys, let's do it.
Let's give senator chuck grassley's contact detail to everyone and start the flower campain

I think its better send to their Washington DC offices. As the senate is in session and they might be there in DC actively. Any second thought on this. Here are the addresses:

Grassley Washington, DC Office
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Harry Reid, DC office
522 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

We have to draft the messages carefully.

Please refrain from doing this. I think a collective action item from IV core will help achieve what we wish for.

StarSun
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Members,
Please do not initiate action items on your own. IV is aware of your frustrations and impatience. The goal for IV is to get the bill passed in the Senate and signed by the President. Every effort is made towards achieving that goal.

I understand that the action items posted seems repetitive, but it is effective - please follow through with every action item recommended by IV

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Members,
Please do not initiate action items on your own. IV is aware of your frustrations and impatience. The goal for IV is to get the bill passed in the Senate and signed by the President. Every effort is made towards achieving that goal.

I understand that the action items posted seems repetitive, but it is effective - please follow through with every action item recommended by IV

Anu, please dont get it wrong. Please. You remember the old saying - when the iron is hot, it needs more hammering. Weeks pass by now, there is no sign of the bill coming to floor. Various other bills are picked up even after President's office sent immigration initiative to senate. WE DO BELIEVE IV is doing tremendous effort and lobbying (only thing bothers is there is no update from them either except the same few lines), but let us do flower campaign. It won't hurt, for sure.

gk_2000
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
My dear friends -- I would urge you not to get impatient. It is important to keep doing what works, and what is working for us right now is the lobbying and other (AI) efforts.

So please let's keep the focus. Also, I am sure flower campaign will be undertaken IF and when IV core feels it is right time, and they have not forgotten the option

coopheal
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Anu, please dont get it wrong. Please. You remember the old saying - when the iron is hot, it needs more hammering. Weeks pass by now, there is no sign of the bill coming to floor. Various other bills are picked up even after President's office sent immigration initiative to senate. WE DO BELIEVE IV is doing tremendous effort and lobbying (only thing bothers is there is no update from them either except the same few lines), but let us do flower campaign. It won't hurt, for sure.

Please do action items as guided by IV core.
Any miss step at this point can derail us big time.

dts
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Please refrain from self Action Items . Everyone has anxiety but taking hostile actions without consent of IV team may turn FATAL.
When we waited so long.. it is alright to wait little long at finish line instead of taking any hostile steps.

mechanical13
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Gandhigiri is not going to help. Please refrain from doing anything silly at this crucial juncture for the bill.

As IV Core have repeated said, the bill is in a good place. There is plenty of attention to the bill, and even the white house supports the effort.

Please stay calm, and keep doing Action Items. That is the best we can do at this point.

Doing anything against IV Core's directives will show lack of solidarity. It will weaken IV's voice. Lets not let that happen - not after coming so far.

StarSun
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM

I understand what you are saying, but updates cannot be given often - that does not mean that IV is not hammering away at the hot iron :)
Please be assured that IV is working on the bill.

starscream
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Humble request to all:

Please let us not chop the tree branch we are standing on by starting random campaigns

To members GCTorture, neel_gump, mugembo and all who want to start flower or any other campaign:

Don't know if you were part from the time before the bill was even introduced in House Judciary Commitee - at that time IV had forumalted a call campaign to House Jud Commitee members it was a success because it was a coordinated effort , there were suggestions of phone campaigns after that as there was a 1 month gap between the bill passing the commitee and coming to house vote but IV said it is not required , the bill still passed the house, after the hold it bypassed the Sen. Judiciary commitee ...my point is any campaign should be a informed campaign to have the necessary effect and this 'information/knowledge' comes from IV advocacy activity..if done randomly it will backfire as legislators wil get annoyed ..the last thing we want to know is annoy them...and personally I don't think the Senator is going to be swayed by flowers...
I have highlighted in bold below in neelu's post the 2 reasons we should not start flower or any campaign as we could be scoring a self goal. WE DO NOT WANT OUR ACTIONS TO BACKFIRE.

Originally Posted by GCTorture
I don't agree. It worked in 2007. On top of it, flowers have the capacity to make somebody melt. It is ok, if the senators will not respond to it, but I am sure it won't worsen the situation.

Also, we all know IV is doing heavy lobbying and don't have time to give us any info/answers. As flowers are completely harmless, I don't think there is a need for IV approval here. Waiting further may not be a good strategy, we should not repent later.

Originally Posted by neelu 8
For anything to work, it has to be done at the right time and has to be a completely co-ordinated effort.
Hang in there, positive things are happening in the background and things are looking good. continue with the AIs that have been posted and are urgent. What we need at this time is contributions to keep pushing with the advocacy/lobbying efforts.
New action items will be rolled out at the appropriate time. Also please note that there are ethics rules for the Senate and sending anything (other than letters, faxes, calls) to Senators (or Congressmen) has to follow the appropriate process (and have the approval of the ethics committee).

Originally Posted by StarSunStarting action items on your own and encouraging others might be counter productive.

Please do action items as guided by IV core.
Any miss step at this point can derail us big time.

gvenkat
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
It would be idiotic to send flowers or any such thing to Grassley etc. Nothing will happen. The bill has gone past the flower campaign stage. We just need to hope that it passes. Whoever wants to spend $$ on flowers might be better off contributing that money to IV.

nitlsu
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
We have all waited anywhere from 5 to 15 years. Lets at least wait for a little bit more and not take any unilateral actions which can only hurt our cause.

Here's an update from Sen. Scott Brown about the bill,
Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-Senator-Scott-Brown-says-Irish-E3-immigrant-visa-bill-is-about-to-pop-138938264.html)

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

shining
02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I think it will be extremely counter productive to go with this route and lets not go any further with this --

I would strongly agree to do the action items -especially tweets/like its and other action items highlighted by IV.

We should get there soon --
Cheers
Shining

shining
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Good Hope --Qn would be if it has to go for reconciliation to House --how long the process gets delayed --
Cheers
Shining

We have all waited anywhere from 5 to 15 years. Lets at least wait for a little bit more and not take any unilateral actions which can only hurt our cause.

Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-Senator-Scott-Brown-says-Irish-E3-immigrant-visa-bill-is-about-to-pop-138938264.html)

psychedelicNerd
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Maybe. Right now i am happy about the fact that 3012 is at least in news and some movement IS going on. Along with the fact that IV core has been positive in keeping up the spirits. However, one disconnect that I see amongst the objectives we are hailing here and what i read on the news website is the adding of E-3. I have read here a few times that we are trying to push for H.R.3012 to be taken up and passed alone. However, the websites says otherwise. IV core, i believe is holding back on information (quite rightfully). I guess we will just have to stay positive and hope all works out well. I don't mind IRISH brothers coming to the US (especially now that the undocumented has been dropped), if no further amendments are proposed or made to the core principles of 3012.

Staying positive and continuing with my action items.

dts
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM

I think Irish lobby is taking HR 3012 as hostage to include their provisions. HR3012 has capacity to pass standalone. Anyway, if Irish lobby is confident to pass it with amendment, we do not have any issue.
Only thing it has to go back to House and will further delayed.

go_guy123
02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for posting this --Video was High Resolution and you can see 3012 in house speakers hand--on the other end, even though John Boehner is asking dems to get this bill passes --he should apply some pressure on his fellow Republican Grassley, its Grassley who is holding up things here--
Cheers
Shining

I always suspect it is the Democratic Party holding up HR 3012...
(not actually Grassley ...one off anti like Tancredo in the past et al will always be there)
DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants.

psaxena
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Better late than never. What is the problem if the E-3 provision is also added to it . Atleast the bill is going to pass.. You saw what happened when the bill was alone, a hold and nothing after it .. there was no +ve end in sight that time..

Atleast the whole Irish community is united enough to the steer the things in positive direction.. I would actually thank them for adding there provision to our bill.

I think Irish lobby is taking HR 3012 as hostage to include their provisions. HR3012 has capacity to pass standalone. Anyway, if Irish lobby is confident to pass it with amendment, we do not have any issue.
Only thing it has to go back to House and will further delayed.

psaxena
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Don't believe what Irish central posts daily. It is wishful thinking from their side.

And give us a reason to believe you.. ?? What makes you think a news agency it quote the false information , that too stating that actually the senator said so.

why are you and most others are so negative on the positive news related to the bill.??????? Take your doom and gloom approach to the place where other ROW and antis get together..

starscream
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I think this the process is that if the bill is amended with these provisions it goes back to the House for a vote ..
Better late than never. What is the problem if the E-3 provision is also added to it . Atleast the bill is going to pass.. You saw what happened when the bill was alone, a hold and nothing after it .. there was no +ve end in sight that time..

Atleast the whole Irish community is united enough to the steer the things in positive direction.. I would actually thank them for adding there provision to our bill.

psaxena
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Thats right , but don't you think the senators working on it do not know of it or had there staff not evaluated to success rate on passing thru the house again. So we had been waiting for over a decade and so a wait for a few more day/weeks should not make a huge difference... right ?? So I don't think anyone should panic and peacefully watch the whole process.

I think this the process is that if the bill is amended with these provisions it goes back to the House for a vote ..

justice4all
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I always suspect it is the Democratic Party holding up HR 3012...
(not actually Grassley ...one off anti like Tancredo in the past et al will always be there)
DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants.

Yes, DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants, they are for undocumented and Euro. immigrants and GOP is a friend of skilled immigrants. If they were in power they would have done something for skilled immigrants.

mantagon
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
from contributing? Consider contributing to IV as an alternative to the flower campaign - that will be a better use of your money, don't ya think?

gumpena
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Since the House passed H.R.3012 with 389 - 15, the wishful thinking seems to be by adding other provision, the HOUSE will approve those changes which on their own will not get passed in House

psaxena
02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
let us all know how you know all this.. had you been negotiating the bill with them??

I read 10000000 times this bill is not going to go anywhere becoz..xyz reasons..and had been reading since the inception stage.

Do you think people working on it not know about it. The senior officials from Ireland are here and talking to sentors and working to get this through did not think about all this... and you are the one of all these people thought through and forecasting the outcome.

Please leave the negativity behind and move ahead with everyone by compeleting the AI's everyday and stop these doom and gloom speculations.

"You can fight the best when there is nothing to loose" --- (I said it :))

Were you watching this site for a while ? If you were, you will know it is all a wishful thinking. If E3 is added to HR 3012, it will have to go to house. Lamar Smith may not even take up this combo bill that has E3 and it will die there.

psaxena
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
when the healthcare bill was passed the same thing was told by the media and those amemdments which has gone back house may not get passed with all these amendments and it did .............................................

The guys out there didn't happen to be there just like that , they know the game way better than us , not just that they are not alone , they have got a vey higly qualified staff who knows what to do and when ..

So have trust with IV and the political process. Scott Brown re election is at stake here, he is going to make this happen.

Since the House passed H.R.3012 with 389 - 15, the wishful thinking seems to be by adding other provision, the HOUSE will approve those changes which on their own will not get passed in House

NNReddy
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Tomorrow is the important day for H.R.3012. IV Core and other folks keep up the good work and continue doing it. God bless you all.

gumpena
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Tomorrow is the important day for H.R.3012. IV Core and other folks keep up the good work and continue doing it. God bless you all.

Thanks for sharing the info and keeping our hopes alive!!:)

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM

May I ask why tomorrow is the important day for HR3012?

neel_gump
02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
May I ask why tomorrow is the important day for HR3012?

What's up with tomorrow?

Suva
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Why tomorrow is important?

hello
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
May I ask why tomorrow is the important day for HR3012?What can you do if you have more info?If you want to do something please take care of action items.Involve all your EB3 friends because its now or never.

Thank You

pkamthekar
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
What can you do if you have more info?If you want to do something please take care of action items.Involve all your EB3 friends because its now or never.

Thank You

If you know give answer, or just SHUT UP. Man, all these preachers suddenly on the forum!!!!!!!We are taking care of Action Items of course.... huh!!!!

shouldIwait
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
psaxena,

Please feel free to believe all the news appearing on XYZ sites. If you didn't learn anything from the drama in Judiciary committee for this bill, this is not the time to learn.

This report is also there on other websites that are more neutral and bigger than Irish Central e.g. Boston Herald. I would definitely seek a response from you after it passes Senate.

skrish
02-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I would agree that these flower campaigns could be Childish at best (irrespective of what Sanjay Dutt and munnabhai would have us beleive) and could be construed as illegal at worst.

there needs to be some way to appease grassley and the only way there seems to be some kind of concession on H1 and labor audits, which is what he is asking.

At the very least we should get the H4-EAD admin fix that the USCIS "intends" to enact, actually be made a formal rule as soon as possible.

One thing, Ive said before, is that we should encourage other senators to put holds on graslleys bills too...that way he will understand that this undemocratic and silly knife that he is using to hold up the democratic process can cut both ways as well. now, if someone were to put a hold on an ethanol or agriculture bill dear to him, im sure he wil sit up and take notice...

hello
02-08-2012, 06:24 PM
If you know give answer, or just SHUT UP. Man, all these preachers suddenly on the forum!!!!!!!We are taking care of Action Items of course.... huh!!!!

Thats why you are waiting since 2004.If this language helps you please keep on doing this.God bless you.

NNReddy
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Senator Brown's office is in negotiations with Senator Grassley to remove the hold, once that's done, they will add this Irish E-3 amendment, this will pass the senate quickly. But in house it will need some time, since it won't have same support as H.R.3012 had(without amendment), but nevertless it will still pass as Irish Lobby is pretty strong and they are very passionate about it.
It's just a matter of time, hold on, work AIs and do all we can in a positive manner. Stay Calm and Stay Positive.

GCTorture
02-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Thats why you are waiting since 2004.If this language helps you please keep on doing this.God bless you.

Well preaching people is worse than that.....I don't need blessings from God. Keep them with you.

Suva
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
It seems the Brown bill doesn't include HR-3012. Check the link here...

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s2005/show

cantonsale10@gmail.com
02-08-2012, 06:51 PM
what does this mean ?

Suva
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
It means that Brown's bill does not include our HR-3012 instead it only has the Irish provision.

what does this mean ?

gvenkat
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
It means that Brown's bill does not include our HR-3012 instead it only has the Irish provision.

Interesting.

psaxena
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
really Suva.. OMG now what shall we do?? we are doomed.

I don't think you are so naive, so why inflicting fear and panic???????????

psaxena
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
and stop smoking whatever you smoking right now...

From Irish Central.com
The bill would allow 10,000 Irish a year to come on two-year work visas that could then be renewed every two years. It is an amendment attached to a wider bill dealing with hi tech visas for Indians and Chinese as well as shortening waiting time restrictions on Hispanic groups. The wider bill passed the House on near unanimous terms,

Read more: Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-Senator-Scott-Brown-says-Irish-E3-immigrant-visa-bill-is-about-to-pop-138938264.html#ixzz1lq3Ly5I0)

PERM12
02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
on the fun side of it…..
We don't mind what he smokes as long as he does Action Items, supports 3012 and gets more support in that community of his so called smoking...:D

Suva
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I am not sure if I am right or wrong. If I am wrong then I would be the happiest person in the world. Check the link here...

Sen. Scott Brown's Irish immigration bill could move forward soon | masslive.com (http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/02/sen_scott_browns_irish_immigra.html)

"The bill, which is also sponsored by Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., is an alternative to the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act, a large immigration bill sponsored by Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. Schumer's bill, which also includes an Irish immigration provision, has been referred to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration.
The legislation has been in limbo in the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee since it was sent to the committee in December. However, negotiations have begun on the legislation. Brown wrote a letter last week to Judiciary Committee member Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, requesting a compromise between his bill and Schumer's bill to allow it to move forward."

That clearly says that this Brown bill S.2005 is alternative to the bill which is blocked by Grassley. I also checked the text of the bill here... S.2005: Irish Immigration Recognition and Encouragement Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s2005/show)

As per the text of the bill there is no mention of our provisions which is specific to HR-3012.

These two information lead me to believe that HR-3012 is not included in the Brown's bill S.2005. If anyone can prove me wrong I would be grateful to him/her.

Thanks

From Irish Central.com
The bill would allow 10,000 Irish a year to come on two-year work visas that could then be renewed every two years. It is an amendment attached to a wider bill dealing with hi tech visas for Indians and Chinese as well as shortening waiting time restrictions on Hispanic groups. The wider bill passed the House on near unanimous terms,

Read more: Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-Senator-Scott-Brown-says-Irish-E3-immigrant-visa-bill-is-about-to-pop-138938264.html#ixzz1lq3Ly5I0)

Suva
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Another thing to point out is that there are quite a few bills related to Irish & HR-3012 like Schumers (Undocumented) + HR-3012 / Stand Alone HR-3012 / Brown's Irish bill (Documented). As per my understanding Brown's bill doesn't include our provision specific to 3012.

I am not sure if I am right or wrong. If I am wrong then I would be the happiest person in the world. Check the link here...

Sen. Scott Brown's Irish immigration bill could move forward soon | masslive.com (http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/02/sen_scott_browns_irish_immigra.html)

"The bill, which is also sponsored by Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., is an alternative to the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act, a large immigration bill sponsored by Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. Schumer's bill, which also includes an Irish immigration provision, has been referred to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration.
The legislation has been in limbo in the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee since it was sent to the committee in December. However, negotiations have begun on the legislation. Brown wrote a letter last week to Judiciary Committee member Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, requesting a compromise between his bill and Schumer's bill to allow it to move forward."

That clearly says that this Brown bill S.2005 is alternative to the bill which is blocked by Grassley. I also checked the text of the bill here... S.2005: Irish Immigration Recognition and Encouragement Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s2005/show)

As per the text of the bill there is no mention of our provisions which is specific to HR-3012.

These two information lead me to believe that HR-3012 is not included in the Brown's bill S.2005. If anyone can prove me wrong I would be grateful to him/her.

Thanks

panvel123
02-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Sen Brown's bill has to clear the committee first before it can be brought up for voting in the senate while hr 3012 is already on the senate calendar.

Suva
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes you are right and Sen. Grassley is the ranking member of the committee. I think that is the reason Sen. Brown is trying to negotiate with Grassley to clear his bill from judiciary committee.

Sen Brown's bill has to clear the committee first before it can be brought up for voting in the senate while hr 3012 is already on the senate calendar.

floridasun
02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
word is that they are trying for a compromise. hope their 'compromise' is not turning 3012 upside down. good luck guys and gals :confused:

new_horizon
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Guys,
appreaciate your enthusiasm. But pls refrain from doing any action items on your own. It may prove detrimental to our efforts. The bill is moving slowly but surely. The IV core has the advise and guidance from experienced hands in DC. So let them initiate the action items, and we should be ready to follow that. Right now the action items are clearly laid out. Contribution is one of major action item. Pls actively contribute/continue to contribute.

shining
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Mr. Grassley is very shrewd and doing everything to counter 3012---

Senator Grassley Writes to President Obama About Mrs. Wedel - Science Careers Blog (http://blogs.sciencemag.org/sciencecareers/2012/02/senator-grassle.html)

Article (http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=38933)

gvenkat
02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Another thing to point out is that there are quite a few bills related to Irish & HR-3012 like Schumers (Undocumented) + HR-3012 / Stand Alone HR-3012 / Brown's Irish bill (Documented). As per my understanding Brown's bill doesn't include our provision specific to 3012.

Brown's bill will piggy back on HR3012. Because Brown's bill as a stand alone will not fly in the house, Even if it does in the senate.

gvenkat
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM

Senator Grassley Writes to President Obama About Mrs. Wedel - Science Careers Blog (http://blogs.sciencemag.org/sciencecareers/2012/02/senator-grassle.html)

Article (http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=38933)

I think this Grassley guy has no other business except to be an anti-immigrant. He needs to remember how this country was built. The letter is just a political gimmick. There is always exceptions and norms. This engineer was an exception and was unlucky that is all.

floridasun
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM

holy molly ! he doesn't care whats in any immigration bill including 3012 ... all he wants to see is does the bill screw enough immigrants. bill is fair or not is no business to him

gumpena
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Is anything happening today on HR3012?

PERM12
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Senate is currently voting on cloture motion for Surface Transportation bill…

so, We are in queue please wait!!!

and hope that wait is not forever...

Is anything happening today on HR3012?

NNReddy
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Senate is currently voting on cloture motion for Surface Transportation bill…

so, We are in queue please wait!!!

and hope that wait is not forever...

Surface transportation bill was in General Calendar #311 and H.R.3012 is in #292. 311 is going ahead of 292. HOPE THEY PICK OUR BILL NEXT.

spven
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
No further roll call votes | Senate Democrats (http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/02/09/no-further-roll-call-votes-9/)

neel_gump
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
No further roll call votes | Senate Democrats (http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/02/09/no-further-roll-call-votes-9/)

I guess next Senate will adjourn until Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012

willigetgc?
02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Surface transportation bill was in General Calendar #311 and H.R.3012 is in #292. 311 is going ahead of 292. HOPE THEY PICK OUR BILL NEXT.

Guys the goal should be to pass the bill and not just bring the bill to the floor for a vote.

amulchandra
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
The week from Feb 20th through Feb 25th senate will be in recess. It is Presidential holiday week. I think we have to wait till March first week to see any progress.

gujju
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
What about next week ?

vdlrao
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
HR 3012 is S. 1857 now

PERM12
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Next week they are going to talk about Surface Transportation Bill…

What about next week ?

vdlrao
02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
HR 3012 is S. 1857 now

S. 1857

S. 1857: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (GovTrack.us) (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1857)

amulchandra
02-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Next week they are going to talk about Surface Transportation Bill…

I asked my employer to wait 2 weeks to give a go ahead for eb2 Perm processing. I did not want to spend Company's money if I din't need to. But looks like I have to ask them to proceed now.

veereddy
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
S. 1857

S. 1857: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (GovTrack.us) (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1857)

This link appears to be old news!!

praskar
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I asked my employer to wait 2 weeks to give a go ahead for eb2 Perm processing. I did not want to spend Company's money if I din't need to. But looks like I have to ask them to proceed now.

Amul, if I were you, I'd ask your manager to proceed. I have been contributing to this cause, following the AIs listed and hoping for the best, but any Government related issue takes time. I might as well take control of things in my hands (EB2 upgrade), and pray/do AIs for those that aren't. Good luck!

Greentown
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
This link appears to be old news!!
They are related bills. But technically they are different bills. Both will go on their own course. It won't impact the prospects of HR 3012.

This suspense in waiting is killing us. I wish senate announces the date when it will take up HR3012 :-)
Then we can keep our nerves calm

amulchandra
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Amul, if I were you, I'd ask your manager to proceed. I have been contributing to this cause, following the AIs listed and hoping for the best, but any Government related issue takes time. I might as well take control of things in my hands (EB2 upgrade), and pray/do AIs for those that aren't. Good luck!

Praskar, yes you are right. I had my hopes too high for this bill. I think it needs to run its course I have to go ahead with my next move.

praskar
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Praskar, yes you are right. I had my hopes too high for this bill. I think it needs to run its course I have to go ahead with my next move.

Yep... mind you, it would be a different story if your mgr was not ready for an EB2 upgrade. But if he is, TAKE IT!!

PERM12
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I Would suggest walk that path if both you and job qualify for EB2

neel_gump
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Yep... mind you, it would be a different story if your mgr was not ready for an EB2 upgrade. But if he is, TAKE IT!!

Don't wait for this!! Take that EB2 plunge!!

PERM12
02-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Man i am becoming a preacher now…

Divert your energy to gather more support for 3012 and not thinking of outcome…

now let me try the ISKON way: Lord Krishna said, you should walk the path and never concentrate just on the outcome. Outcome will reveal itself when that path is set to complete. Don't forget all paths lead to Devine self which is MYSELF….(i.e Lord Krishna and not me…;))

Support 3012 in 2012 by 112 congress!!

This suspense in waiting is killing us. I wish senate announces the date when it will take up HR3012 :-)
Then we can keep our nerves calm

amulchandra
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I work for start up but very stable company. Budgets are tight but they are willing to do EB2 now. That was the reason I was thinking twice as to why waste money if this bill is going to pass and I get my GC in next couple of years.

floridasun
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
does that mean they can still take up 3012 today ?

PERM12
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
NO..they re done with voting for the week unless there is a drastic change…who knows.. right!!

For more info on Roll call please read this wiki for more understanding : Roll call - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll_call)

does that mean they can still take up 3012 today ?

DallasBlue
02-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Just think Mr.Wedel was just unfortunate in getting out of only big semi conductor company in dfw metro. Hope he comes out of his mid-life-crisis soon. when so many fresh grads out of unt,utd etc find jobs in the same field, hope he too can find his perfect peach. Good luck to him.

May be we/IV should help the Senator Grassley and his staff reform the h1b system for what is good for the H1B system from his point of view and our point of view.

Any system for that matter is played to their advantage by super-smarts over time thus any system has to be perfected over time. (similar to Mitt Romney paying 15% tax when the salaried middle class pays 24% )

Also think lot of senators/staff dont understand the difference between H1B visas, AOS visas, everything to them is a VISA. and when you talk to them and explain on green card lottery visas they corelate it to the h1b cap application lottery. And they know so less to be dangerous helping in putting holds and writing bills to be laws for the Nation.

We know Senator Reid doesnt want to waste the time on the floor oh well all the senators who want to end the inequality please please give the count.

Enjoy the ride guys , while you can !

Greentown
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Man i am becoming a preacher now…

now let me try the ISKON way: Lord Krishna said, you should walk the path and never concentrate just on the outcome. Outcome will reveal itself when that path is set to complete. Don't forget all paths lead to Devine self which is MYSELF….(i.e Lord Krishna and not me…;))

Though your preachings are highly irritating, I have to to agree you are trying to make a valid point. I agree with you.

PERM12
02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Though your preachings are highly irritating, I have to to agree you are trying to make a valid point. I agree with you.

Lets try to change that Irritation into FUN for a sec. - Read it like the movie 3idiots style...

Baba RanachorDas says…

(Now read it like VIRUS when he brings the Bird Nest to talk to 1st Year students:))

Lord Krishna said, you should walk the path and never concentrate just on the outcome. Outcome will reveal itself when that path is set to complete. Don't forget all paths lead to Devine self which is MYSELF….

(Now read this with Chote's Sarcasm …)

i.e Lord Krishna and not him…

===

Cheer up and have a nice evening!!!!

Greentown
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh, God.....Only Lord Krishna can save me from you now. Just stick to the earlier narration.

just kidding. ;)

You have a good sense of humour

Lets try to change that Irritation into FUN for a sec. - Read it like the movie 3idiots style...

Baba RanachorDas says…

(Now read it like VIRUS when he brings the Bird Nest to talk to 1st Year students:))

Lord Krishna said, you should walk the path and never concentrate just on the outcome. Outcome will reveal itself when that path is set to complete. Don't forget all paths lead to Devine self which is MYSELF….

(Now read this with Chote's Sarcasm …)

i.e Lord Krishna and not him…

===

Cheer up and have a nice evening!!!!

tampacoolie
02-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I think this Grassley guy has no other business except to be an anti-immigrant. He needs to remember how this country was built. The letter is just a political gimmick. There is always exceptions and norms. This engineer was an exception and was unlucky that is all.

Media always ignores other side of the story and politicians like Grassley like to twist the reality and facts. Here is the linked profile and recent stories of declining offers. The main problem is not H1B and his ability to move out of North Texas. Like many people in USA, can't sell their underwater homes and move out for better jobs or new jobs. Instead go and whine in front of the national TV. Grassley should ask Intel to start new manufacturing facility near where this guy lives instead of starting one in Arizona. What a clown this senator and his staffs are?

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9675620&authType=name&authToken=dVcX&locale=en_US&pvs=pp&trk=ppro_viewmore

Engineer Gets, Declines Jobs After Obama Chat - Local News - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46319918/ns/local_news-dallas_fort_worth_tx/#.TzRrrMWvi7g)

gk_2000
02-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Media always ignores other side of the story and politicians like Grassley like to twist the reality and facts. Here is the linked profile and recent stories of declining offers. The main problem is not H1B and his ability to move out of North Texas. Like many people in USA, can't sell their underwater homes and move out for better jobs or new jobs. Instead go and whine in front of the national TV. Grassley should ask Intel to start new manufacturing facility near where this guy lives instead of starting one in Arizona. What a clown this senator and his staffs are?

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9675620&authType=name&authToken=dVcX&locale=en_US&pvs=pp&trk=ppro_viewmore

Engineer Gets, Declines Jobs After Obama Chat - Local News - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46319918/ns/local_news-dallas_fort_worth_tx/#.TzRrrMWvi7g)

Why, this guy seems to be running a flourishing herbal supplement company. He doesn't need any job!

How can he play the people for fools while hiding in plain sight?

gk_2000
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Why, this guy seems to be running a flourishing herbal supplement company. He doesn't need any job!

This is his "Personal Website" as per linked in: Natures Sunshine Herbal Supplements Natural Remedies Nutrition Supplements Natures Sunshine Herbal Remedies (http://www.natureshealthypeople.com)

floridasun
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
think again - if congress had the will, this kind of bill would have been passed long time back... per country quota system started for a reason (read discrimination) and ain't going away anytime soon - even if Grassley did not hold. I will say it again - this whole thing is a political show :mad:. just watch it for fun and do not expect a thing. mods please feel free to delete this post if its going to derail this great bill of ours.

pkak
02-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Looks like he registered an 'Investment Group' on July 08, 2009, and is enjoying being the 'Managing Member' there.
2805 Ridgemere Dr Flower Mound, TX 75028 (http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Flower-Mound/2805-Ridgemere-Dr-Flower-Mound-TX-75028-a18987236.aspx)

tampacoolie
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Looks like he registered an 'Investment Group' on July 08, 2009, and is enjoying being the 'Managing Member' there.
2805 Ridgemere Dr Flower Mound, TX 75028 (http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Flower-Mound/2805-Ridgemere-Dr-Flower-Mound-TX-75028-a18987236.aspx)

He is probably running some hedge fund and raking millions pay 15% tax rate and employing H1Bs. Who needs a job? What a pathetic Jennifer Wedel, another anti immigrants and racist.

sri1309
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Well said. Isn't the same that happened in House Judiciary committee ? At one point we thought committee will never take up HR 3012. After our hard work over a week or two, HR 3012 was the first bill to be taken up and cleared the committee in a breeze.

Let us repeat that in Senate. Let us work even harder and take advantage of this delay.
Go HR 3012 !

Guys,
We need to be supporting 3012 as much as possible.
Based on all the forecasts in the last 4-6 months, it looks to be very possible that EB2 will slow down and possibly retrogress. We all know there are increased # of filers from Jan 2010, and the # gradually increased till date. Unless 3012 passes, I can easily imagine the #s may move very very slowly if atall, or even go back to mid-2009.
There are more than 50,000 applicants in the last 1.5 years if you also count the dependents in EB2 category . So how can we see any forward movement from next month bulletin. There is also no prediction in the bulletin like it used to be in the previous 6-8 bulletins.
We all need those 40,000+ GCs per category which can only happen by 3012.
Keep doing the action items.
Sorry if this doesnt sound positive, but what else can you anticipate.

DallasBlue
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
can everyone send this to the white advisor? http://www.whitehouse.gov/advise

Advise the Advisor | The White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/advise)

How President Obama Can Erase Immigrant Visa Backlogs with the Stroke of A Pen

ilw.com/articles/2012,0201-endelman.shtm

ILW.COM - immigration news:Why We Can’t Wait: How President Obama Can Erase Immigrant Visa Backlogs with the Stroke of A Pen (http://www.ilw.com/articles/2012,0201-endelman.shtm)

At this point, if one files a labor certification in 2011 under the employment-based third preference for India, it will take 70 years before the green card materializes![3] The adult son or daughter who was born in Mexico of a US citizen does much better relatively under the family-based first preference, but the wait is still close to 20 years! Such a hopeless wait is simply untenable for an employer who has unsuccessfully tested the US labor market for much needed skills in short supply. It is similarly inhumane for a parent to yearn for so long to reunite with her son. Mind you, we are talking here about legal immigration, and those who rail against unauthorized immigrants accuse them for not getting into the line. But when the avenues for legal immigration are few and the lines endless, the system has broken and we are dealing with a situation, in the face of Congressional paralysis, that is going from bad to abysmal. We acknowledge that the House recently passed H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act on September 22, 2011 by a landslide vote of 389-15, which if passed, will eliminate the employment-based per country limits and increase the family-based per country cap from 7% to 15%. , H.R 3012,on the other hand, will not increase the overall number of immigrant visas. While it may reduce the waiting times for China and India in the employment-based preferences, nationals of all other countries may experience backlogs, especially in the employment-based second preference. Thus, the problems of backlogs will still remain. While we acknowledge that only Congress can create more avenues for legal immigration, is there a legal basis for an interpretation that would dramatically reduce, or even eliminate, such a long wait under the EB and FB preferences? We think there is.

We know of no explicit authorization for derivative family members to be counted under either the Employment Based or Family Based preference in the Immigration and Nationality Act. Let us examine what INA § 203(d) says:

A spouse of child defined in subparagraphs (A), (B), (C), (D), or (E) of section 1101(b) of this title shall, if not otherwise entitled to an immigrant status and the immediate issuance of a visa under subsection (a), (b), or (c) of this section, be entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration provided in the respective subsection, if accompanying or following to join, the spouse or parent.
There is nothing here that explicitly authorizes or mandates the counting of family members under the preference quotas. While a derivative is “entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration” as the principal alien, nothing requires that family members also be given their own numbers. Suppose, for example, that there is only one visa number left in a fiscal year for the EB-2 category and that the last principal beneficiary who gets this number has a spouse and 6 children. What happens to them? Ought they not be accorded “the same status and the same order of consideration?” Should only the principal become an LPR while everyone else waits till next year? What if visa retrogression sets in and the family has to wait, maybe for years? This does not make sense. Is there not sufficient ambiguity in INA § 203(d) to argue that family members should not be counted against the cap? We do not contend that they should be completely exempted from being counted. As stated in INA 203 § (d), family members should be given the “same status and the same order of consideration” as the principal. Hence, if there is no visa number for the principal, the rest of the family does not get in. If, on the other hand, there is a single remaining visa number for the principal, the family members, however many there are, ought to be “entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration as the principal.”

amulchandra
02-10-2012, 05:31 PM
What is outlook for our bill next week? Anyone?

tampacoolie
02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
What is outlook for our bill next week? Anyone?

Outlook for this bill is drop dead for now. Senate moves in snail pace, and they hardly take 3 bills per week. They have political gridlock for payroll tax cut extension bill is looming and I don't see any possibility of this bill taken before March. Even, if they take it Grassley is waiting with boilerplate template amendments to water it down to the level where bill's alleged benefits are meaningless.

Senate is a shady place to do business. :mad:

senram
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
If passing an immigration bill this kind of bill must have introduced 3 years back and passed easily as this bill does not increase immigration levels. But the timing is good this year and lot of time is there. But can it pass in a few days. that is too optimistic. But may be a few weeks away to get the result of the bill. But if it was introduced with hurry without studying the support it could fail in the senate. It is always better to pass the bill with delay than getting the bill in a hurry and fails

Outlook for this bill is drop dead for now. Senate moves in snail pace, and they hardly take 3 bills per week. They have political gridlock for payroll tax cut extension bill is looming and I don't see any possibility of this bill taken before March. Even, if they take it Grassley is waiting with boilerplate template amendments to water it down to the level where bill's alleged benefits are meaningless.

Senate is a shady place to do business. :mad:

green_mile
02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
If passing an immigration bill this kind of bill must have introduced 3 years back and passed easily as this bill does not increase immigration levels. But the timing is good this year and lot of time is there. But can it pass in a few days. that is too optimistic. But may be a few weeks away to get the result of the bill. But if it was introduced with hurry without studying the support it could fail in the senate. It is always better to pass the bill with delay than getting the bill in a hurry and fails

Passing an immigration bill in current situation is an herculean task, the future for immigration in this country is bleak, Unless economy turn around and unemployment drops back to 4 to 5 % (not just in IT, but over all) there will always bitter backlash for immigration reform, either it is piece meal or Comprehensive. I don't see a hope for next 5 to 6 years for any immigration bill passing in US.
I am apologizing for speaking truth.

green_mile
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I should ask that classic question. "What is truth ?"
Do you know what the lotto numbers are going to be ?

Thanks for inspiring IV members with the "truth" !

Sorry I don't play lottery , I wouldn't waste time and money on lotto numbers.....

shining
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Core IV --What are your thoughts here --Is this a good idea?

Should we add this as an action item?

Should we pursue this in addition to other action items on the Bill?

Cheers
Shining

can everyone send this to the white advisor? Advise the Advisor | The White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/advise)

How President Obama Can Erase Immigrant Visa Backlogs with the Stroke of A Pen

ilw.com/articles/2012,0201-endelman.shtm

ILW.COM - immigration news:Why We Can’t Wait: How President Obama Can Erase Immigrant Visa Backlogs with the Stroke of A Pen (http://www.ilw.com/articles/2012,0201-endelman.shtm)

At this point, if one files a labor certification in 2011 under the employment-based third preference for India, it will take 70 years before the green card materializes![3] The adult son or daughter who was born in Mexico of a US citizen does much better relatively under the family-based first preference, but the wait is still close to 20 years! Such a hopeless wait is simply untenable for an employer who has unsuccessfully tested the US labor market for much needed skills in short supply. It is similarly inhumane for a parent to yearn for so long to reunite with her son. Mind you, we are talking here about legal immigration, and those who rail against unauthorized immigrants accuse them for not getting into the line. But when the avenues for legal immigration are few and the lines endless, the system has broken and we are dealing with a situation, in the face of Congressional paralysis, that is going from bad to abysmal. We acknowledge that the House recently passed H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act on September 22, 2011 by a landslide vote of 389-15, which if passed, will eliminate the employment-based per country limits and increase the family-based per country cap from 7% to 15%. , H.R 3012,on the other hand, will not increase the overall number of immigrant visas. While it may reduce the waiting times for China and India in the employment-based preferences, nationals of all other countries may experience backlogs, especially in the employment-based second preference. Thus, the problems of backlogs will still remain. While we acknowledge that only Congress can create more avenues for legal immigration, is there a legal basis for an interpretation that would dramatically reduce, or even eliminate, such a long wait under the EB and FB preferences? We think there is.

We know of no explicit authorization for derivative family members to be counted under either the Employment Based or Family Based preference in the Immigration and Nationality Act. Let us examine what INA § 203(d) says:

A spouse of child defined in subparagraphs (A), (B), (C), (D), or (E) of section 1101(b) of this title shall, if not otherwise entitled to an immigrant status and the immediate issuance of a visa under subsection (a), (b), or (c) of this section, be entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration provided in the respective subsection, if accompanying or following to join, the spouse or parent.
There is nothing here that explicitly authorizes or mandates the counting of family members under the preference quotas. While a derivative is “entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration” as the principal alien, nothing requires that family members also be given their own numbers. Suppose, for example, that there is only one visa number left in a fiscal year for the EB-2 category and that the last principal beneficiary who gets this number has a spouse and 6 children. What happens to them? Ought they not be accorded “the same status and the same order of consideration?” Should only the principal become an LPR while everyone else waits till next year? What if visa retrogression sets in and the family has to wait, maybe for years? This does not make sense. Is there not sufficient ambiguity in INA § 203(d) to argue that family members should not be counted against the cap? We do not contend that they should be completely exempted from being counted. As stated in INA 203 § (d), family members should be given the “same status and the same order of consideration” as the principal. Hence, if there is no visa number for the principal, the rest of the family does not get in. If, on the other hand, there is a single remaining visa number for the principal, the family members, however many there are, ought to be “entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration as the principal.”

green_mile
02-10-2012, 08:27 PM
In a major development, Numbers USA, the anti-immigrant group, has mobilized to stop the Irish E3 visa bill passing through the senate.

The organization sent an email to its one million plus membership on Thursday targeting the Irish visa bill. Their actions came after both the Boston Globe and Boston Herald reported that Senator Scott Brown had stated that he was close to getting the Irish visa bill through the senate.

The bill would allow up to 10,500 non immigrant visas a year from Ireland. It is based on similar legislation that allows similar amounts of Australian visas.

Numbers USA is one of the largest anti-immigrant groups and claims over one million members. They urged their members to write to their senators.

The suggested copy they sent reads:“We don't support bills that increase foreign workers, particularly those that favor one nationality over another. That's what Sen. Brown's E-3 visa bill is and we hope you will oppose it.

“The U.S. isn't expected to reach full employment again for a number of years. We need more jobs, not more workers. Nevertheless, Sen. Brown's bill would increase legal immigration by 10,500 visas every year.

“Sen. Brown's bill is just for Irish workers, no other group would be eligible. There is no justification for this kind of favoritism either.

“Sen. Brown's bill is a perfect example of how our immigration system rarely considers labor market situations. Rather, it is used by selfish politicians as a special give away to special interest groups.

Read more: Anti-immigrant group Numbers USA mobilizes to stop Irish visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Anti-immigrant-group-Numbers-USA-mobilizes-to-stop-Irish-visa-bill-139082249.html#ixzz1m26hLPSL)

dkshitij
02-10-2012, 08:56 PM
In a major development, Numbers USA, the anti-immigrant group, has mobilized to stop the Irish E3 visa bill passing through the senate.

The organization sent an email to its one million plus membership on Thursday targeting the Irish visa bill. Their actions came after both the Boston Globe and Boston Herald reported that Senator Scott Brown had stated that he was close to getting the Irish visa bill through the senate.

The bill would allow up to 10,500 non immigrant visas a year from Ireland. It is based on similar legislation that allows similar amounts of Australian visas.

Numbers USA is one of the largest anti-immigrant groups and claims over one million members. They urged their members to write to their senators.

The suggested copy they sent reads:“We don't support bills that increase foreign workers, particularly those that favor one nationality over another. That's what Sen. Brown's E-3 visa bill is and we hope you will oppose it.

“The U.S. isn't expected to reach full employment again for a number of years. We need more jobs, not more workers. Nevertheless, Sen. Brown's bill would increase legal immigration by 10,500 visas every year.

“Sen. Brown's bill is just for Irish workers, no other group would be eligible. There is no justification for this kind of favoritism either.

“Sen. Brown's bill is a perfect example of how our immigration system rarely considers labor market situations. Rather, it is used by selfish politicians as a special give away to special interest groups.

Read more: Anti-immigrant group Numbers USA mobilizes to stop Irish visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Anti-immigrant-group-Numbers-USA-mobilizes-to-stop-Irish-visa-bill-139082249.html#ixzz1m26hLPSL)

This was expected. The reason HR 3012 succeeded in the house was because did not add a single new visa to the system and removed country preference and made it FIFO answerable to labor market demand only. Unfortunately, the elected Senators are so dense that they are never going to understand this. EVER. They may end up passing HR 3012 but they will never truly appreciate its honesty and sincerity. Such is a sad world we live in.

smuggymba
02-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Treating HR 3012 as a MULE for other personal legislative agenda is sick.

GCOP
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
It is your personal opinion & it is not the Truth.
As you (? ) & everybody knows that HR 3012 bill does not increase a single visa/greencard. And that is the reason, We have travelled So far with a huge support (our bill has passed with 389-15 votes in House) . We want support from everyone & do not need negative personal opinion.( Keep those negative opinion and thoughts with you, No need to share).

Passing an immigration bill in current situation is an herculean task, the future for immigration in this country is bleak, Unless economy turn around and unemployment drops back to 4 to 5 % (not just in IT, but over all) there will always bitter backlash for immigration reform, either it is piece meal or Comprehensive. I don't see a hope for next 5 to 6 years for any immigration bill passing in US.

GCOP
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
It is your personal opinion & it is not the Truth.
As you (? ) & everybody knows that HR 3012 bill does not increase a single visa/greencard. And that is the reason, We have travelled So far with a huge support (our bill has passed with 389-15 votes in House) . We want support from everyone & do not need negative personal opinion.( Keep those negative opinion and thoughts with you, No need to share).

panvel123
02-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Be positive and keep the faith guys. 3012 has bypassed the senate committee for a reason.It will eventually be brought up for vote, good things take time.

green_mile
02-10-2012, 10:00 PM

I second that.

green_mile
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM

The irony is HR 3012 is about fairness and about not giving preferential treatment to any one based on their birth place, E3 visas are about giving preferential treatment to one particular country.

They want to combine both in one bill:confused:

smuggymba
02-10-2012, 10:38 PM
The irony is HR 3012 is about fairness and about not giving preferential treatment to any one based on their birth place, E3 visas are about giving preferential treatment to one particular country.

They want to combine both in one bill:confused:

Chaffetz was right in turning down every stupid amendment as non-germane..which actually helped pass the bill. If they MULE other non-germane legislative agenda on HR 3012 only shows why the congress is called "DO-NOTHING CONGRESS".

If Sen Grassley is so concerned about H1-B, why doesn't he work on getting support for his own bill. Why is he tripping other bills just because ppl don't support his amendments or bills. USA needs legislative reforms.

Shehzadali
02-11-2012, 12:05 AM
I apologize first as I don't know how to start a thread.

I am trying to find some help and answer for the following

I had 3 years and 2 months of experience before I joined my current employer. I have 7 years and 3 months of experience with my current employer. How can I use the experience that I gained by working for current employer against 5 years needed for EB2 filing. I have read that this can be done if the job duties for EB2 filing is 50-60% different from job duties that individual had (experience that will be counted against the 5 years)
Here is the summary
3 years 2 months of work experience as a programmer with two other companies.
2 years 3 months of work experience as a Programmer with current employer
4 years 11 months of work experience as Sr Programmer/Team Lead with current employer.

Please let me know what experience can be counted toward EB2 filing and what should be job duties for the EB2.
Can I use the Job duties of a programmer or team lead?

Any help is appreciated. Tried company's lawyer but they are useless

sri1309
02-11-2012, 07:35 AM
All,
Looks like anti-forces are acting.
Please keep doing your action items more than ever.
I have also written just now to Whitehouse using the link below highlighting the issue and to pass 3012 ASAP.
No harm in spending your 10 min on this. Please do. Do as many times as you can..

Advise the Advisor | The White House

sri1309
02-11-2012, 07:37 AM
All,
Looks like anti-forces are acting.
Please keep doing your action items more than ever.
I have also written just now to Whitehouse using the link below highlighting the issue and to pass 3012 ASAP.
No harm in spending your 10 min on this. Please do. Do as many times as you can..

Advise the Advisor | The White House

Link missing in prev message. We used to have edit option before, now dont see it.
Keep write.. keep up the flame..

shining
02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Can you please provide the script that you used--

For now I just posted Pass 3012

Cheers
Shining

Link missing in prev message. We used to have edit option before, now dont see it.
Keep write.. keep up the flame..

shining
02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Seems like 3012 has a tough battle ahead:
1- Election Year
2- Political differences between Republicans and Democrats - nothing new here
3- Unemployment is still very high
4- Grassley

We should think about alternatives at this stage in addition to doing the action items-We cannot just rely on 3012 advocacy --

IV CORE --
Are we supposed to just work on these action items-or should we start thinking around some other alternatives -example the send messages to whitehouse to remove derivatives from being included in the numbers,etc.

Aman -

What happened man -- No motivating emails from you since a long time --last we heard Dec 21 --those are inspiring emails especially the words like "I understand that it's frustrating to wait longer but we have to understand that legislative process is like a slow moving glacier"

Please keep writing --pen is mightier than a sword --and those emails are very encouraging/motivating/inspiring . . .

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. Quote by John Quincy Adams

Thoughts?

Cheers

Shining

skrish
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
IV should go after some of the "low hanging fruit", given that H.R 3012 seems to be set for the long haul, especially to keep all of us motivated. These include:

- making sure the h4 ead thing actually becomes a rule sooner rather than later.
- changing the spillover rule to favor eb2 and eb3 equally.
- changing the counting of derivative beneficiaries

Several if not all of these are areas of positive synergy for the row folks too.

In fact, if we don't count Derivatives, a row person who currently has to wait 2 years and would have to wait 4-7 years with 3012 would possibly have to again wait only approx 2 years again because the line would move faster without derivatives being counted.

this might also do something to address grassleys concerns of ' future Immigration patterns' since it makes the line faster for everyone while at the same time making it fair for all.

bibliophile2020
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I guess we have to be patient and sit tight. HR 3012 should pass by its merit, no matter what we do. HR 1981 is on Union Calendar since 12/16/2011, about the same time when HR 3012 is placed on senate calendar. This is the bill to protect from internet pornographers! We expect something like this to be passed at the blink of your eye

bibliophile2020
02-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I guess we have to be patient and sit tight. HR 3012 should pass by its merit, no matter what we do. HR 1981 is on Union Calendar since 12/16/2011, about the same time when HR 3012 is placed on senate calendar. This is the bill to protect children from internet pornographers! We expect something like this to be passed at the blink of your eye!

senram
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Except the first one some or all will be there for atleast 5 to 10 years.Even if Grassley goes out of senate some one will come to his position.

Basically anti immigrants are working for restrcting.immigration mainly h1b and L1 because of unemployment. Grassley's proposed bill will have huge impact on companies like TCS or Wipro but not on microsoft or oracle. Anyhow no one including IV will accept will accept Grassley's proposal.

But HR3012 is an exception and have a good chance to pass as no big anti immigrant oraganization is opposing as it is not altering the immigration count. Even Hira and IEEE are not opposing. But Grassley wants to add his amendment to this bill. But that is not going to happen. That is the situation. But it seems background manything is happening for HR3012. Mainly IV might be trying to lobby to bring the bill to Senate by overriding or overcoming Grassley's Hold.

Also another thing is lot of politics,lobbying and advocacy in background in house to bring and pass the bill. One of them was to increase the family based to 15% to get complete support of all the democrats. So in senate also some adjustment is necessary. But no one knows what is happening in the background. So lot of specualtion like Irish E3. It may take a few weeks for things to become clear

Seems like 3012 has a tough battle ahead:
1- Election Year
2- Political differences between Republicans and Democrats - nothing new here
3- Unemployment is still very high
4- Grassley

We should think about alternatives at this stage in addition to doing the action items-We cannot just rely on 3012 advocacy --

IV CORE --
Are we supposed to just work on these action items-or should we start thinking around some other alternatives -example the send messages to whitehouse to remove derivatives from being included in the numbers,etc.

Aman -

What happened man -- No motivating emails from you since a long time --last we heard Dec 21 --those are inspiring emails especially the words like "I understand that it's frustrating to wait longer but we have to understand that legislative process is like a slow moving glacier"

Please keep writing --pen is mightier than a sword --and those emails are very encouraging/motivating/inspiring . . .

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. Quote by John Quincy Adams

Thoughts?

Cheers

Shining

indrachat_75
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Let's Make Our Voices Heard!
Tweet of the Day:

#Senators, if #NoDebate, then why wait? Vote Yes and PASS #HR3012, #Fairness for High-SkilledImmigrants

neel_gump
02-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I apologize first as I don't know how to start a thread.

I am trying to find some help and answer for the following

I had 3 years and 2 months of experience before I joined my current employer. I have 7 years and 3 months of experience with my current employer. How can I use the experience that I gained by working for current employer against 5 years needed for EB2 filing. I have read that this can be done if the job duties for EB2 filing is 50-60% different from job duties that individual had (experience that will be counted against the 5 years)
Here is the summary
3 years 2 months of work experience as a programmer with two other companies.
2 years 3 months of work experience as a Programmer with current employer
4 years 11 months of work experience as Sr Programmer/Team Lead with current employer.

Please let me know what experience can be counted toward EB2 filing and what should be job duties for the EB2.
Can I use the Job duties of a programmer or team lead?

Any help is appreciated. Tried company's lawyer but they are useless

I would suggest you change to new employer if possible. As per my lawyer, only prior experience counts and not the current experience.

ananth
02-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Friends,

The TRUTH about fairness is that it is NOTselling for itself, and hence the fight. Particularly in this country, this can't go like this for ever. Waiting is NOT bad, probably needed when we are goal oriented.

How about someone (who have creativity & expertice) making a short film (10 min max) on this FAIRNESS. I wudn't be surpriced if this becomes another kolaveri

amulchandra
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Any update today?

Thanks

Amul

MIK18
02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Don't know what is going really and when this bill would be atleast discussed on the senate floor.Would be super to know if HR3012 still is a stand alone bill or other provisions are tagged along with it.

Here is an interesting take on Huffpost.

Dinkar Jain: Scott Brown's Pork Barrel Visa (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dinkar-jain/e3-visa-scott-brown_b_1270008.html)

Suva
02-16-2012, 05:11 PM
The hoped-for Irish E-3 visa bill that Senator Scott Brown said last week was “about to pop” was still stalled on Capitol Hill this week with Iowa Senator Charles Grassley maintaining his hold on a measure that combines the proposals of Massachusetts Republican Brown, and New York Democrat, Senator Charles Schumer.
As such, the story has become a tale of two Chucks (Grassley and Schumer) with a Scott in the middle.
Sources were indicating this week that Grassley was effectively proposing to “eviscerate” the Irish E-3 proposal by merging it with an existing E-3 program open to Australians.
The Schumer Irish bill envisages 10,000 renewable E-3 visas on an annual basis for eligible Irish applicants. But according to sources, there would be precious few E-3s for the Irish under Grassley’s plan as virtually all the visas would be snapped up by Australians.
Backers of the Irish E-3 are now looking to Senator Brown, who has penned his own Irish E-3 measure, to persuade sufficient Republican colleagues in the Senate to reach a required 60 votes.
The Schumer version of the bill is supported by all 53 Democrats.
“He needs to get his side in order,” said a source, referring to Sen. Brown.
Last week, Brown told the Boston Herald that his E3 bill was “about to pop” on Capitol Hill with passage possible before week’s end.
“In Massachusetts we have such a strong demand for this because of our family and cultural ties. This is kind of a no-brainer,” Brown told the daily.
Brown’s bill actually proposes 10,500 Irish E-3s but leaves out any possible waiver for the undocumented Irish. In order to secure across the aisle agreement, Sen. Schumer removed a waiver provision from his bill, S.1983, in order to reach an accommodation with Brown and his GOP allies.
Brown told the Boston Herald that he was “trying to work” with Sen. Grassley to have him and other Republicans “step back” from their
objections.
“We’re ready to pass it today,” Martin Brennan, state director for Senator Schumer, said of the combined Irish E-3 proposal.

Link: Fizzle, no pop (http://irishecho.com/?p=69732)

shining
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
. . . in a way it is good . . . . as if the bill goes standalone --it will always be good for us as it would not need a house reconciliation and numbersusa guys would also not have any trouble--however politics may get tricky and can stall things further -- Also, I believe tomorrow is the last day before senate breaks for a week and comes back on 27th Feb, in the meantime circus continues-
Cheers
Shining

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/resources/pdf/2012_calendar.pdf

praskar
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
All in good time! I really have utmost faith in IV!