PDA

View Full Version : Advance parole renewal questions

liberty
01-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I need to renew my Advance parole for myself & for my wife. Is there anyone who has done the same recently? Would it be possible to enlist the steps to follow along with the documents needed for the same?
Thanks for your support

Amman
01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
I have used following docs for my past 2 renewals. Got the approval without any RFE/issues.
Hope this helps!

1. Copy of my last approved Advance Parole document(s)
2. Copy of my I-485 Receipt notice
3. The fee for this application $$$
4. 2 Photos with I-485 receipt number and A# written in back
5. I-131 - duly filled Application for Advanced Parole travel document
6. Copy of my Driver license
7. Copy of my I-140 approval notice

arung
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Do you know if same set of document apply for EAD renewal as well?, and replace AP info with EAD?

liberty
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Can I renew my advance parole online? If yes, do we need to create separate online account for my self & for my wife? What is the online form number?

Amman
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Do you know if same set of document apply for EAD renewal as well?, and replace AP info with EAD?
Yes. basically replace AP with EAD

1. Copy of my last approved Employment Authorization Document
2. Copy of my I-485 Receipt notice
3. The fee for this application $$$$
4. 2 Photos with I-485 receipt number and A# written in back
5. I-765 - duly filled Application for Employment Authorization Document
6. Copy of my Driver License
7. Copy of my I-140 approval notice

Amman
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I think you can do online renewal but something else is required for online. I can't remember what it is...i neven done the online renewal...

liberty
02-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I need to renew my Advance parole for myself & for my wife. Is there anyone who has done the same online recently? Our current status: Category: EB3; Processing Stage: I-485.
Are we eligible to apply online? If yes, please let me know the steps to follow. I would really appreciate your help.

liberty
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Any update? Do you also need to pay the $85 biometric fee?
I would really appreciate your help.

MahaBharatGC
02-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Whether you are eligible online or not can be checked on USCIS website. My answer would be No as I recently did myself.

USCIS - Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-131 (Advance Parole Document) (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e650065d85cee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=9059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1 RCRD)

Here is the copy-paste section:

Who is Eligible to e-File Form I-131?

Form I-131 can only be e-Filed if you seek an Advance Parole Document, currently reside in the United States, and have been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

Who May NOT e-File Form I-131?

You may not currently e-File Form I-131, (and must file a PAPER Form I-131) if:

* You are a green card holder wishing to apply for a Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document
* You are a refugee or asylee applying for a Refugee Travel Document,
* You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status currently at a USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for no additional fee,
* You live outside of the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of the North Marianas Islands (CNMI), or the U.S. Virgin Islands
* You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee
* You are requesting that your case be expedited
* You are filing for humanitarian reasons
* You are requesting that your I-131 application be expedited or if you require emergency travel authorization
* You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status, currently at an USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for advance parole for no additional fee

DALLAS.TECHE
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
URGENT Question: I have been renewing my AP through e-file all these years. Last week ii did the e-filing of my AP. Now going through the eligibility i got confused. I had filed for my 485 in july 2007 so i'm not eligible to apply for AP with out any fees. I dont come under either of this category. Please help ITS VERY URGENT

Who is Eligible to e-File Form I-131?

Form I-131 can only be e-Filed i...f you seek an Advance Parole Document, currently reside in the United States, and have been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

Who May NOT e-File Form I-131?

You may not currently e-File Form I-131, (and must file a PAPER Form I-131) if:

* You are a green card holder wishing to apply for a Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document
* You are a refugee or asylee applying for a Refugee Travel Document,
* You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status currently at a USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for no additional fee,
* You live outside of the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of the North Marianas Islands (CNMI), or the U.S. Virgin Islands
* You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee
* You are requesting that your case be expedited
* You are filing for humanitarian reasons
* You are requesting that your I-131 application be expedited or if you require emergency travel authorization
* You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status, currently at an USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for advance parole for no additional fee