PDA

View Full Version : Out of US, 485 approved, Valid AP

doshi06
01-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi I need advise on the following scenario

I had to travel out of US in Apr 2011 due to urgent personal reasons and was planning to come back in few months. However due to unavoidable circumstances had to stay much more than expected. In the mean time my 485 got approved in August. I was expecting a GC in mail but it never came. Now I have got a Biometric appointment notice. My AP is valid for another 15 days and don't have a valid EAD. So I can travel on a valid AP for biometric appointment.

The question I have is
1) What kind of issues I can face while exiting India?
2) What kind of issues I can face at port of entry?
3) What kind of issues I can face during biometrics.

Thanks

QuantumHash
01-27-2012, 11:46 AM
If your AP is valid there should be no issues - you might have to explain with good reason your extended stay outside of the US but even that is a remote possibility.

minimalist
01-27-2012, 01:02 PM

The question I have is
1) What kind of issues I can face while exiting India? NONE
2) What kind of issues I can face at port of entry? They may ask a few questions but, you should be able to share the issues you had and should be OK.
3) What kind of issues I can face during biometrics. NONE

Please note that these are my personal opinions and have not encountered this issue personally or know anyone who did.

Thanks
Please update the forum with your experiences later, if you could.

krishmunn
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM

None. All they care is about your valid AP. They do not even know your GC is approved

None. Just show them the email from USCIS/USCIS sattus page and they should be able to handle it. they will treat you as GC holder

None. I believe you will not even need that

sunny1000
01-27-2012, 03:12 PM

I had to travel out of US in Apr 2011 due to urgent personal reasons and was planning to come back in few months. However due to unavoidable circumstances had to stay much more than expected. In the mean time my 485 got approved in August. I was expecting a GC in mail but it never came. Now I have got a Biometric appointment notice. My AP is valid for another 15 days and don't have a valid EAD. So I can travel on a valid AP for biometric appointment.

The question I have is

Thanks

As long as you get here before your AP expires, you are in good shape. The secondary inspection at the POE will be able to determine that your GC has been approved and will treat you as a GC holder. You will not face any issues exiting India as such.

krupa
01-27-2012, 03:27 PM
The secondary inspection at the POE may ask you about your present employer , consult an attorney ; Contact your GC sponsored employer/ Latest AC21 employer.

The question I have is

Thanks