PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions about 485 - Fingerprinting, Medical and Soft LUD

yogeshmanohar
08-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi

I am July 2007 EB2 I filer with approved I140 and have EAD and AP. I filed in Nebraska. I have three questions regarding I485

1. I did my first and only fingerprinting in Nov. 07. It is more than 18 months now but unlike few of my friends,
I haven't received any notice for second fingerprinting. Is that okay ? I thought that fingerprinting validity is
only for 18 months and after that you again have to "renew" your fingerprints. Should I take an infopass to find out
what is happening with my case ?

2. Same question for Medical exam. After 18 months, do I have to "renew" my medical reports ?

3. Soft LUD: Recently (18th June 09) All three of us (Wife , Son and I ) got a soft LUD on our 485. Status didn't change. Few of my colleagues who filed with me
(through same employer) got LUDs and RFEs on their 485 but in our case just a soft LUD. I was expecting to receive either
fingerprinting notice or some kind of RFE but its more than a month now still haven't gotten anything. Is this common ?
Processing time on USCIS website indicate that they probably have processed(pre adjudicated) my case and may be that is why I got a soft LUD ?
Is this assumption correct ?

Apologies if these questions were asked and answered before. Would appreciate your inputs

Thanks

rockstart
08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
How are you July 07 filer when your PD is sep 07?

dontcareanymore
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
How are you July 07 filer when your PD is sep 07?

That was my first thought :)

To answer OPs questions, I think it is common for people not to get second FP even after 18 months. it depends on your REAL PD. If your PD is late 2007 as you indicated in the profile, they may not send you FP notice until your PD is near to becoming current.

Soft LUD could mean any thing or mean nothing. Are you expecting RFE ?

AFAIK, you don't need to do medicals again if they are done properly the first time...

yogeshmanohar
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for catching that.. my 485 receipt date is Sept. 07 priority date is July 07. Corrected in my Profile.

I am not "expecting" RFE. Its just that my few of my colleagues got RFEs at the same time and I got a LUD, I am curious about what that means.

rockstart
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Did we not hear a few days back that USCIS no longer needs people to re-do their FP's and they can run the old prints via the system when ever required. Only a very few people would have to do FP again? Correct me if I am wrong.

yogeshmanohar
08-05-2009, 01:18 AM
May be you are right but then what is the criteria for calling people for second fingerprinting ..