PDA

View Full Version : Interview? Is it a Standard Part?

mnq1979
08-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering that is INTERVIEW a standard part of green card process for Employment based category. Like i have applied my for my green card and shown my wife as a dependent on my green card process.

So is INTERVIEW a standard procedure. i know they can call for interview when ever they want....!!!!!!!

Can some 1 provide clarrification.

all my documents are complete....i recently got the RFE regarding USICS askign for my legal status and for my wife askign for BC. RFE has been responded and they have also received it !!!!!

Thabks and GOOD LUCK !!!!

RDB
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
No, Interview is NOT a standard part of the EB category. However, checkout other threads on Pre-Adjudication and you will see that USCIS is Pre-adjudicating (i.e. making the application 'approvable' once visa numbers are available) and Interview is a standard part of this procedure - there is no official document or statement available for this.

We had our interview yesterday and the officer asked for documents to prove the relationship between me and my wife rather than any employment related docs or questions (even though it is for EB category) :)

Hi All,

I was wondering that is INTERVIEW a standard part of green card process for Employment based category. Like i have applied my for my green card and shown my wife as a dependent on my green card process.

So is INTERVIEW a standard procedure. i know they can call for interview when ever they want....!!!!!!!

Can some 1 provide clarrification.

all my documents are complete....i recently got the RFE regarding USICS askign for my legal status and for my wife askign for BC. RFE has been responded and they have also received it !!!!!

Thabks and GOOD LUCK !!!!

chanduv23
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
We had our interview yesterday and the officer asked for documents to prove the relationship between me and my wife rather than any employment related docs or questions (even though it is for EB category) :)

Maybe he is angry that u did not invite him to ur wedding - so he is more concerned about wedding rather than employment

radhay
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I think most of the interviewers are not experienced in employment based cases as they deal primarily with family/marriage based cases. That was the impression I got from my interview.

RDB
08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
LOL....may be! Actually he didn't ask for anything related to wedding :) - just Tax Returns, Bank Statements and Lease Agreements - all these docs contained our joint names.

Maybe he is angry that u did not invite him to ur wedding - so he is more concerned about wedding rather than employment

dontcareanymore
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM

There have been some cases dependent visa fraud lately and therefore they might be looking closely when their system raises a red flag. That could have caused by various conditions : Different last names , living at different places etc...

If the documentation is right and the application is bonafide , most interviews go very well. In fact, it (interview) was a boon/advantageous for some of my friends (long story)