PDA

View Full Version : Travel Outside USA before getting AP

ecrangan
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi All

I am filing my 485 along with EAD and AP during Feb 2012. Surely I will be travelling outside USA before 485 is approved. Probably go outside USA before getting AP. In that case whether the AP is still valid or not.

I need to stamp visa also. In that case, if something goes wrong, can I get my AP sent to my overseas address by some one and whether I can use it to enter USA? Is it possible ?

Did anyone come across this kind of situation

Thanks
ECR

sunny1000
01-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi All

I am filing my 485 along with EAD and AP during Feb 2012. Surely I will be travelling outside USA before 485 is approved. Probably go outside USA before getting AP. In that case whether the AP is still valid or not.

I need to stamp visa also. In that case, if something goes wrong, can I get my AP sent to my overseas address by some one and whether I can use it to enter USA? Is it possible ?

Did anyone come across this kind of situation

Thanks
ECR

AP has to be APPROVED and IN HAND before your travel. If I-485 is the sole basis of your legal status (i.e you dont have an approved dual intent visa such as H1 or L1), you cannot travel without your AP in hand. Period.

ecrangan
01-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Visa expired in my passport. But I have H1 extension approved till 2014. I have to go for stamping.

Is this OK, or you meant to say since I don't have valid visa in my hand, I cannot go outside US till I get my AP.

Please clarify.

Amman
01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Visa expired in my passport. But I have H1 extension approved till 2014. I have to go for stamping.

Is this OK, or you meant to say since I don't have valid visa in my hand, I cannot go outside US till I get my AP.

Please clarify.
Since you have the approved I-797 until 2014, you can go to India and get stamped.

ecrangan
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks.

One more question.

If I travel in future, can I use this AP before its expiry ? Or I need to apply for a new AP ?