PDA

View Full Version : Advance Parole - Chennai to Chicago Via Abu Dhabi - Etihad

renjuzone
01-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!

Saralayar
01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.

ebizash
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
I traveled in Nov 2011 from Delhi to Chicago via Etihad (Abu Dhabi) and had absolutely no issues with AP and no visa.

renjuzone
01-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.

Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?

HydHero
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?

sunny1000
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?

click on forums (on the top of this page)->sub-category of the topic you want to post -> click on "new thread" at the bottom of the page.

hope that helps.

veereddy
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?

Don't know about Chennai but last month (Dec'11) I traveled from JFK to Hyderabad and returned from Hyd to JFK via Abu Dhabhi no issues.