PDA

View Full Version : Query regarding Passport renewal in CGNY

pinny25
01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello all I am a newbie and would really appreciate your help with regard to my situation. The online renewal of passport form asks for two different addresses and I am not sure as to which address is to be mentioned on the address to be printed on the passport section, as the address I am currently residing in USA is not my permanent address. My other question is if I write my address in India as to be printed on the passport would my passport be mailed to India as I am currently waiting for the I485 adjustment of status and cant afford losing time on that error. Kindly guide me on this.
Thanking you in anticipation

sunny1000
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
You can give your Indian address as the permanent address (that is what I did). They will mail the passport to your US address (not the Indian address). don't worry :-)

pinny25
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey Thanks a lot for your help Sunny1000
I was filling up the manual part of the application and was wondering how do I know if I have a ECR or an ECNR stamp as I dont see any stamp on my passport is it mandatory to fill the section .Plzzz help as I am planningt o go tomorrow to submit the application hopefully I get everything done and get my passport renewed as soon as possible. Thanks once again.

sunny1000
01-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Hey Thanks a lot for your help Sunny1000
I was filling up the manual part of the application and was wondering how do I know if I have a ECR or an ECNR stamp as I dont see any stamp on my passport is it mandatory to fill the section .Plzzz help as I am planningt o go tomorrow to submit the application hopefully I get everything done and get my passport renewed as soon as possible. Thanks once again.

Old passports used to have them printed at the end the passport itself. The issuing authority would have checked "ECNR" (typical for all passport holders in the U.S). If you don't have it at all, then yours is ECNR. Hope that helps.