PDA

View Full Version : Non Compete Clause

video9874
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I am having an issue with my current employer on a Non-Compete clause.Below is my issue.Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

I am working for my employer for about 7 years now.In 2009 i worked for a Client for 1 week and left the job and went to India for personal reasons, This project involved
E-V-PV-C.
When i came back the client has filled my position with another consultant and so i have started looking for a new project.

After 5 Months, one day i got a call from my Previous Project's, Primary Vendor and told me that the client wants me back and i said ok. So when i started working for my previous client we eliminated the middle vendor and had a direct contract with my Employer and the Primary Vendor.Now the project involves E-PV-C.

After about 8 months the middle vendor has raised a Non-Compete clause and sent a lawyer notice to my employer, to pay for the damages for about $20K.

Currently my Employer is still fighting the case, but what ever the outcome is he wants me to pay for the damages.

What should i do in this case. I want to maintain a good relation with my Employer as my GC is in process.

Any suggestions.

richguy
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
If at all, if there is some sort of agreement, it is between you and your employer...
You are not responsible between the dealings between your employer and the middle vendor... Your employer should have gotten good billing rate when the middle vendor was cut. Now the middle vendor is angry and he is asking for some compensation from your employer.. Your employer is responsible for thi..

I personally don't like to be work in this kind of "so many middle men" situation. That's the reason I left my previous employer when I had EB2 PERM approved and moved to a different FT job

gc_on_demand
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
I am having an issue with my current employer on a Non-Compete clause.Below is my issue.Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

I am working for my employer for about 7 years now.In 2009 i worked for a Client for 1 week and left the job and went to India for personal reasons, This project involved
E-V-PV-C.
When i came back the client has filled my position with another consultant and so i have started looking for a new project.

After 5 Months, one day i got a call from my Previous Project's, Primary Vendor and told me that the client wants me back and i said ok. So when i started working for my previous client we eliminated the middle vendor and had a direct contract with my Employer and the Primary Vendor.Now the project involves E-PV-C.

After about 8 months the middle vendor has raised a Non-Compete clause and sent a lawyer notice to my employer, to pay for the damages for about $20K.

Currently my Employer is still fighting the case, but what ever the outcome is he wants me to pay for the damages.

What should i do in this case. I want to maintain a good relation with my Employer as my GC is in process.

Any suggestions.

Looks like its pure business related problem. Just don't pay. Your employer will do nothing. since he is making money on your project + he is establishing reputation with PV. he won't do any thing. Don't be scared. You are legal immigrants, you can complain in cort or police or uscis if some one threaten you.