PDA

View Full Version : 3 year bachelor for EB2

Sheila Danzig
01-15-2012, 09:28 AM
The move to EB2 is huge at this point and the big question I am getting is can a 3 year degree be approved for EB2? While the answer was once yes, things have changed. As of 2011 the answer today is that it is a 50/50 chance. What I do recommend is to apply for admission to an accredited online US Masters program that accepts the 3 year degree and offers a "fast track" Masters degree. The one I am most familiar with is Online Degree Programs | Northeastern University Online (http://www.northeastern.edu/online/)

Once you have the US Masters your 3 year bachelor is no longer an issue and you can file a new PERM (assuming you meet the job requirements for that).

Discuss this with your attorney.

Suva
01-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Few questions.

1) Is this accredited?
2) Does it accept 3 years BS degree for direct admission?
3) Is there any other accredited University other this?
4) Why do you only recommend this University? Has degree from this University any value in the industry?

Thanks

Amman
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Addition to Suva's question,
Can you explain what do you mean by "offers a "fast track" Masters degree" ?

PERM12
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I Assume this is what she meant by fast track…

Masters Degree Project Management Accelerated | Online Masters Degrees | Northeastern College of Professional Studies (http://www.cps.neu.edu/degree-programs/graduate/accelerated-degrees/masters-project-management.php)

Addition to Suva's question,
Can you explain what do you mean by "offers a "fast track" Masters degree" ?

Amman
01-15-2012, 11:55 AM
I Assume this is what she meant by fast track…

Masters Degree Project Management Accelerated | Online Masters Degrees | Northeastern College of Professional Studies (http://www.cps.neu.edu/degree-programs/graduate/accelerated-degrees/masters-project-management.php)
thanks PERM12. That explains!

CreatedToday
01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
It is not 50/50, there's no chance of getting EB2!

Even for EB3, if the job requires a degree, and with a 3 year degree it'll be denied at I-140 stage, it has to be applied as a skilled worker.

Now what is surprising is the OP opened a thread for EB2, after years of scamming 3 year degree holders for thousands of $$$s and now when the revenue is drained, may be coming with some new tricks!

This immigration forum is for immigration aspirants and for qualified legal professionals, not for scam artists, GO AWAY!

Not sure, why the university ref is given, thought it must be another fake one, but looks genuine, US News ranked them #62 in National Universities:

Northeastern University | Best College | US News (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northeastern-university-2199)

The move to EB2 is huge at this point and the big question I am getting is can a 3 year degree be approved for EB2? While the answer was once yes, things have changed. As of 2011 the answer today is that it is a 50/50 chance. What I do recommend is to apply for admission to an accredited online US Masters program that accepts the 3 year degree and offers a "fast track" Masters degree. The one I am most familiar with is Online Degree Programs | Northeastern University Online (http://www.northeastern.edu/online/)

Once you have the US Masters your 3 year bachelor is no longer an issue and you can file a new PERM (assuming you meet the job requirements for that).

Discuss this with your attorney.

PERM12
01-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Not sure why are you so angry on this. Its a knowledge sharing and not business proposition. I am not sure of the intentions of the poster and i do not see it as business solicitation….for most of the people like me who are stuck in EB3 its a great opportunity to enhance our skill set with MS and also advance the line by getting into EB2.

But on the lighter side...i see you are in EB2 of '09 and hope impending competition does not have anything to do with this. :)

Even for EB3, if the job requires a degree, and with a 3 year degree it'll be denied at I-140 stage, it has to be applied as a skilled worker.

Now what is surprising is the OP opened a thread for EB2, after years of scamming 3 year degree holders for thousands of $$$s and now when the revenue is drained, may be coming with some new tricks!

This immigration forum is for immigration aspirants and for qualified legal professionals, not for scam artists, GO AWAY!

Not sure, why the university ref is given, thought it must be another fake one, but looks genuine, US News ranked them #62 in National Universities:

Northeastern University | Best College | US News (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northeastern-university-2199)

Amman
01-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I think they are good & bad opinions about this poster in the immigration community. It seems several people expressed and found this poster has provided and leaded to a wrong path otherwise known for total waste of time and money for individuals. Even this particular post, it was mentioned that 50/50 chance for eb2 with 3 yrs degree but that is not the case. It will be a straight denial if you apply EB2 with 3 yrs degree. Regardless, I would just take the good information no matter where it comes from as eb3 community is exploring for ANYTHING legal to get the GC waiting time reduced.

CreatedToday
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Did I sound angry, If yes, it's justified. Since myself (my brother) is a victim of OP.

Also you didn't find the intentions of the poster, but I did. My brother who had a 3 year degree got evaluated ($1550 plus same-day-service $275) and USCIS denied his I-140 and he had to leave US (After 6 years on H1).

Also I wrote in the earlier post, the university looks genuine, please do the MS and move ahead in life.

But since there was a mention of 50/50 I just wanted to caution my fellow GC-hopefuls that this evaluation will jeopardize your prospect (not just $$$, my career, life ....)

To get the scam part clear, please check (OP even threatened to sue IV)

Saint Regis University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Regis_University)

Saint Regis University is a now-defunct diploma mill operation that was one of about 120 connected institutions operated by an American fraud ring from about 1999 until 2005, when it was shut down by U.S. government authorities.[1]

Investigations and litigation
Teachers in Georgia
letters they received from a credential evaluator, Career Consultants International of Sunrise, Fla. CCI said the credentials were equal to those from a regionally accredited U.S. university. The officials now suspect that CCI was not giving independent evaluations,
Georgia’s recognition of degrees. CCI is part of National Success Marketing Inc., based in Sunrise, Fla., and owned by ...
Danzig. Ms. Danzig described a relationship with Saint Regis that throws into question the company’s objectivity as an evaluator of credentials.
said her company receives a fee, paid by Saint Regis, every time CCI evaluates the academic credentials of one of its students. She also said she was a paid consultant to Saint Regis as recently as two years ago. CCI is currently operating under the name The Degree People.

Not sure why are you so angry on this. Its a knowledge sharing and not business proposition. I am not sure of the intentions of the poster and i do not see it as business solicitation….for most of the people like me who are stuck in EB3 its a great opportunity to enhance our skill set with MS and also advance the line by getting into EB2.

But on the lighter side...i see you are in EB2 of '09 and hope impending competition does not have anything to do with this. :)

stillhowlong
01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Did I sound angry, If yes, it's justified. Since myself (my brother) is a victim of OP.

Also you didn't find the intentions of the poster, but I did. My brother who had a 3 year degree got evaluated ($1550 plus same-day-service $275) and USCIS denied his I-140 and he had to leave US (After 6 years on H1).

Also I wrote in the earlier post, the university looks genuine, please do the MS and move ahead in life.

But since there was a mention of 50/50 I just wanted to caution my fellow GC-hopefuls that this evaluation will jeopardize your prospect (not just $$$, my career, life ....)

To get the scam part clear, please check (OP even threatened to sue IV)

Saint Regis University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Regis_University)

Saint Regis University is a now-defunct diploma mill operation that was one of about 120 connected institutions operated by an American fraud ring from about 1999 until 2005, when it was shut down by U.S. government authorities.[1]

Investigations and litigation
Teachers in Georgia
letters they received from a credential evaluator, Career Consultants International of Sunrise, Fla. CCI said the credentials were equal to those from a regionally accredited U.S. university. The officials now suspect that CCI was not giving independent evaluations,
Georgia’s recognition of degrees. CCI is part of National Success Marketing Inc., based in Sunrise, Fla., and owned by ...
Danzig. Ms. Danzig described a relationship with Saint Regis that throws into question the company’s objectivity as an evaluator of credentials.
said her company receives a fee, paid by Saint Regis, every time CCI evaluates the academic credentials of one of its students. She also said she was a paid consultant to Saint Regis as recently as two years ago. CCI is currently operating under the name The Degree People.

I totally agree with CreateToday, I myself is a victim of Sheila Danzig. I approached her by just reading the posts and got victimized. Instead of shelia Danzig, if I had approached Sheela Murthy or any other qualified attorney, I would have got my green card so far, but still got stuck in EB3. . Guys, just try to use the common sense she is still mentioning that it is 50-50 chance for 3 years degree for EB2 but believe me there is zero chance. She is still trying to get business from people by giving the false hopes of 50-50 and exploit people and playing with their life. Instead of wasting time and money with her, better go for Masters program and apply in EB2.

Suva
01-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for your concern. I am already aware of her bad reputation and don't believe 50-50 chance at all. I am only concerned about the University she mentioned. If it's a valid University and accepts 3 years degree then I am interested. That's why I put the questions for her.

Thanks

I totally agree with CreateToday, I myself is a victim of Sheila Danzig. I approached her by just reading the posts and got victimized. Instead of shelia Danzig, if I had approached Sheela Murthy or any other qualified attorney, I would have got my green card so far, but still got stuck in EB3. . Guys, just try to use the common sense she is still mentioning that it is 50-50 chance for 3 years degree for EB2 but believe me there is zero chance. She is still trying to get business from people by giving the false hopes of 50-50 and exploit people and playing with their life. Instead of wasting time and money with her, better go for Masters program and apply in EB2.

stillhowlong
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for your concern. I am already aware of her bad reputation and don't believe 50-50 chance at all. I am only concerned about the University she mentioned. If it's a valid University and accepts 3 years degree then I am interested. That's why I put the questions for her.

Thanks

Hi Suva,
What I personally feel is better to go for B.S. and then M.S. If you have 3 years degree, then you can do some research like how long it will take to complete the BS with Indian 3 year degree. This path looks little longer but it will be a sure shot. We never know about USCIS, even if you complete M.S. based on three years degree, they may raise a red flag that your underlying degree was not 4 years degree or equal to 4 years degree. This is purely my personal opinion. The best way to discuss this with good reputed attorney even though it costs you couple of hindered dollars for consultation as you will be investing lot of hard work, money and time.

Amman
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi Suva,
What I personally feel is better to go for B.S. and then M.S. If you have 3 years degree, then you can do some research like how long it will take to complete the BS with Indian 3 year degree. This path looks little longer but it will be a sure shot. We never know about USCIS, even if you complete M.S. based on three years degree, they may raise a red flag that your underlying degree was not 4 years degree or equal to 4 years degree. This is purely my personal opinion. The best way to discuss this with good reputed attorney even though it costs you couple of hindered dollars for consultation as you will be investing lot of hard work, money and time.
If you bring the Indian BS to USA BS by completing few credits then why do you need MS if your doing MS only to qualify EB2? After you complete USA BS, you should be able to qualify for EB2 with BS+ experience, correct ? Am I missing something ?

Amman
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Experience has to be after the graduation. So need to wait 5 more years after doing BS.
Ok. so I guess same thing apply to MS, need to wait 2 yrs after completing MS ?

CreatedToday
01-16-2012, 12:50 PM
The underlying 3 year degree issue comes only for Non-US Masters. When you are admitted for US masters, the assumption is that either you are qualified or completed some courses to equate to US BS. Even Wharton accepts Indian 3 year degree.

Hi Suva,

Amman
01-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Is it 2 years or 1 year ? I heard even 0 years is ok for MS.
You'r right. no experience is required for EB2 with MS as long as job requirement dictates same (MS + no exp required).

stillhowlong
01-16-2012, 03:20 PM

I don't find any where in the website that it accepts three years degree for the admission to the masters? Has any one come across that Northeaster University accepts 3 years bachelor degree for its Masters in Project Management course?

GT7481
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
To do a Masters you might need a US bachelors equalancy if you have a foreign bachelors.
I am not sure any reputed foreign degree equators like wes or the likes would equate a 3 year bachelors to US bachelors unless it is from a NACC A accredited institution (If from India).
The OP might be willing to equate the three year degree to a US bachelors equality, But that does not mean the university that you are trying to get into will accept the OPs eval. And you will pay for the OP services (which is business ).

Most of the reputed universities have in house foreign degree evaluators.
If you have a 3 year bachelors from India and if it is from a NACC A accredited institution, you should try WES.

This is just my opinion.

what_if
01-17-2012, 08:45 AM
I have 3 years Bachelors in Computer Application + 2 years PGDBA (Finance). I read somewhere that USCIS refers to the EDGE database provided by AACRAO and got a course by course evaluation by them. They evaluated my education to be equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Finance from a regionally accredited institution in US.

Given the fact that the two degrees are in different disciplines from different universities but were evaluated as being equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, do I qualify for a filing under EB2? I do understand that there are other criteria like experience, job requirements, etc. that need to be met.

techie.dude
01-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Maybe this would help

The Insightful Immigration Blog – Commentaries on Immigration Policy, Cases and Trends: EDGE SAYS INDIAN 2- YEAR MASTER'S DEGREE FOLLOWING 4-YEAR BACHELOR'S IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO US MASTER'S DEGREE (http://cyrusmehta.blogspot.com/2012/01/edge-says-indian-4-year-bachelors.html)