PDA

View Full Version : Received both EAD/AP Combo Card and Paper AP

gclabor07
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi All,

I received EAD/AP Combo card last month. To my surprise, my lawyer received a paper based AP today. Both the combo card and AP are valid for 1 year. Questions:

1) Is this a common occurrence?

2) Has this happened to anyone?

3) We are traveling to India early next month. Shall we show both documents at POE?

4) Looking at the paper AP, there is nothing fancy about it. There is place for Parole Stamp and there is no barcode or any unique numbers that would conflict with combo card's AP. Looks like a manual paper entry document. Would carrying both items cause any problems with the travel?

Thanks.

TO BE OR NO TO BE
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I know there were talks that USCIS will issue 2 year combined document for EAD and AP....

- is your combined document two years or 1 year?

- How about paper AP - does the validity dates match with combined document?

- I had seen a picture of combined EAD and AP document on (I believe USCIS's website)...and it was marked that this is not valid for travel...does your combined document have any notations like that?

Your answers will be helpful....

Thank you

gclabor07
01-13-2012, 05:52 PM
See below.

I know there were talks that USCIS will issue 2 year combined document for EAD and AP....

- is your combined document two years or 1 year?
1 year.

- How about paper AP - does the validity dates match with combined document?
Yes, it matches, exactly 1 year, with same expiry dates as the combo card.

- I had seen a picture of combined EAD and AP document on (I believe USCIS's website)...and it was marked that this is not valid for travel...does your combined document have any notations like that?
No. Actually, my notations says that Serves as I-512 Advanced Parole which makes it a combo card

Your answers will be helpful....

Thank you

matreen
01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Your date is current and it appears that this is why you got
Only one year document/card.

I am not why you received combo card and documents? I assume just combo card is suffice.
Hi All,

I received EAD/AP Combo card last month. To my surprise, my lawyer received a paper based AP today. Both the combo card and AP are valid for 1 year. Questions:

1) Is this a common occurrence?

2) Has this happened to anyone?

3) We are traveling to India early next month. Shall we show both documents at POE?

4) Looking at the paper AP, there is nothing fancy about it. There is place for Parole Stamp and there is no barcode or any unique numbers that would conflict with combo card's AP. Looks like a manual paper entry document. Would carrying both items cause any problems with the travel?

Thanks.

gclabor07
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks for replying to my posts. I'm perfectly fine with receiving 1 year EAD and 1 year AP, given that my priority is close. My original question was really about receiving both EAD/AP combo card and paper AP at the same time. I guess this is not a bad a problem to have. I'll just carry both and show the POE officer EAD/AP card first.

NIW
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for replying to my posts. I'm perfectly fine with receiving 1 year EAD and 1 year AP, given that my priority is close. My original question was really about receiving both EAD/AP combo card and paper AP at the same time. I guess this is not a bad a problem to have. I'll just carry both and show the POE officer EAD/AP card first.

You may get your GC even before you use AP or EAD/AP card? Good luck!