PDA

View Full Version : What’s the success rate of moving to EB2 with BS+5 years and switching company?


mikemartin
01-06-2012, 07:02 AM
What’s the success rate of moving to EB2 with BS+5 years and switching company?
I'm under H1-B. What's the risk of PERM/I-140 rejection? Since I will only have one year left under my H1-B and my H1-B 1 year extension will be tied to PERM/I-140 approval.
Will it be safer if I wait until I have H1-B 3 year extension (with EB3 I-140) then switch company?

smuggymba
01-06-2012, 09:20 AM
What’s the success rate of moving to EB2 with BS+5 years and switching company?
I'm under H1-B. What's the risk of PERM/I-140 rejection? Since I will only have one year left under my H1-B and my H1-B 1 year extension will be tied to PERM/I-140 approval.
Will it be safer if I wait until I have H1-B 3 year extension (with EB3 I-140) then switch company?

no one can say for sure. If the job requires EB2, you should be fine.

there is no data to tell the percentage of acceptance/rejection for EB2 / BS+5yrs.

sac-r-ten
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
as other replies said, it depends on the job requirement and also BS should be equivalent to the US degree.

otherwise, your last line mentions the right solution.

good luck.

mikemartin
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
as other replies said, it depends on the job requirement and also BS should be equivalent to the US degree.

otherwise, your last line mentions the right solution.

good luck.

Can the new employer file for 3 year extension using the old employer I-140? If so, is it still true if the old I-140 is revoked by old employer/USCIS. From what I read on this forum, starting recently USCIS will revoke old I-140 (one will loose priority date because of this).

spicy_guy
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Guys,

In the same boat. Planning to switch the employer and kickstart EB2.
Mine EB3 I, 2004. I am currently on EAD.

Would I be risking my 485, if my new EB2 gets rejected? Or I shall retain it?

Insight please!

Thanks!