PDA

View Full Version : Applying AP from India

Survivor0
01-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Hello, I have a valid 140, 485 and expired EAD with me. My AP got rejected because my employer forgot to attach the check with it. I had to travel to India for emergency so couldnt reapply for AP. I had a valid H1B which also expired last month but i am sure that we could reapply for another extension since I have a valid 140.

My query is - Could I apply for AP from India ? There is a option on the form 131 which says that the AP will be sent to Consulate in India. I dont have a project in hand in US so getting H1B extension might be tough.

Thanks for the help, Please let me know I am missing any details.

- thanks and Regards

DSLStart
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
You were not supposed to leave US till your AP was approved. Now even your 485 may be considered abandoned.

Hello, I have a valid 140, 485 and expired EAD with me. My AP got rejected because my employer forgot to attach the check with it. I had to travel to India for emergency so couldnt reapply for AP. I had a valid H1B which also expired last month but i am sure that we could reapply for another extension since I have a valid 140.

My query is - Could I apply for AP from India ? There is a option on the form 131 which says that the AP will be sent to Consulate in India. I dont have a project in hand in US so getting H1B extension might be tough.

Thanks for the help, Please let me know I am missing any details.

- thanks and Regards

Survivor0
01-05-2012, 12:31 PM
You were not supposed to leave US till your AP was approved. Now even your 485 may be considered abandoned.

Thanks for the quick response.

When I left for India I had my 3 yrs H1B extension with me just that I did not return on it. So I am sure not applying for another AP was fine. Am I missing something here ?

- thanks

Amman
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I think not renewing/applying AP won't invalidate your I-485. If you have approved HIB extention(797), you can try to get the stamping done.However, not having a job and getting stamping done is an another story.

Survivor0
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I think not renewing/applying AP won't invalidate your I-485. If you have approved HIB extention(797), you can try to get the stamping done.However, not having a job and getting stamping done is an another story.

Thanks Amman, My question is if I can reapply for AP from India because there is an option on the form 131 which says so.

H1B extension is another story I know...:)

- thanks

Amman
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks Amman, My question is if I can reapply for AP from India because there is an option on the form 131 which says so.

H1B extension is another story I know...:)

- thanks
No, I don't think you can apply AP from India, that would invalidate your I-485. I think only option you have now is to get the stamping done.