PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Stabenow sends a reply finally

cagedcactus
12-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Thank you for contacting me about the issue of immigration. I appreciate you sharing your views with me.

As you know, the United States Senate passed legislation earlier this year in response to the serious problems with our nation's immigration system. Debate on the comprehensive legislation dealt with a broad range of issues including our national security, border enforcement, guest worker programs, and the issue of immigrant workers in agriculture, seasonal jobs, and high-skilled positions. Our immigration system is broken, and I am well aware of the urgent need for reform and the impact on those trying to navigate this complicated bureaucracy. This legislation is now before the House of Representatives.

We need an effective immigration system that works for businesses and communities and that protects the basic rights of immigrants who are such an important part of our state economy and quality of life. In the end, I did not support this legislation because it failed to strike the proper balance between security, fairness and preserving Michigan jobs.

Thank you for contacting my office. I will keep your strong views in mind if the Senate considers this issue again. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

Above is what I received today in my mail.
I dont know what to do now. It seems that all our efforts are worthless. It seems that regardsless of what we do, the Senators have made up their minds about this bills. I think that anti immigration forces are way too stronger for us to tackle.......
I personally dont see any relief........
:mad:

WillIBLucky
12-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Yes I got the mail too and it says the same word to word. No surprise there.

We would need to educate the problems to the Senators. They seem to think anything related to immigration like a tunnle view. Just one thought and one decision and that is wrong.