PDA

View Full Version : Filed 485 and moved

arun510
12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi,

My 485/AP/EAD was filed last week and I have moved and filed AR11 for my change of address and since I dont have my tracking number for 485/AP/EAD I am unable to update my new address for pending case.Meanwhile a friend of mine who filed with me on the same day has got his tracking number today.My guess is they tried to deliver my tracking number to my old address and it might had got bounced since I have moved.I was unable to reach out to my attorney coz of holidays.Just want to know whether it will be a problem if incase my receipt notice bounces back to uscis.Please advice.

Regards,
Arun

royu
12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi,

My 485/AP/EAD was filed last week and I have moved and filed AR11 for my change of address and since I dont have my tracking number for 485/AP/EAD I am unable to update my new address for pending case.Meanwhile a friend of mine who filed with me on the same day has got his tracking number today.My guess is they tried to deliver my tracking number to my old address and it might had got bounced since I have moved.I was unable to reach out to my attorney coz of holidays.Just want to know whether it will be a problem if incase my receipt notice bounces back to uscis.Please advice.

Regards,
Arun

In the old office you can give the new address to forward. Just fill out a form to do this and all your letters will be forwarded to you for next few months. In addition change your address from USCIS site or update through AR-10 form I beleive.

arun510
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
I believe u meant post office.Post office will not forward letters from USCIS. I have updated my address by filing ar-11.Problem is my case is pending and dont have the receipt no to update and the one which would had been mailed would be bounced.

coolngood4u80
12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I know there is way you can hold your mails at post office and then you go and collect it. Check if that works out for you.