PDA

View Full Version : How soon can we apply for parents visitor visa.

gcsim
06-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Folks,

One of my friend is here on H1b visa since six months and he wants to call his parents....will there be any issues in applying for visa as he is here since six months only. Any help will be appreciated.

heywhat
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I do not think being on h1b on only 6 month would be an issue. if he is going to take care of all expenses of their visit, he would have show enough saving + salary to support them.

overseas
06-07-2009, 11:12 PM
As such there is no requirement on the time limit. But generally the supporting documents include 3-6 months latest statements of savings account. As per general advice the account balance should be atleast 5K per person (so if you are applying visitor visa for 2 persons it is 10K).

I recently applied visitor visa for my in-laws and they got the visa. I gave 4 months of latest bank statements. The visa officer didn't check any supporting documents as such but they did ask from when your daughter and son-in-law are staying in USA?

So bottom line is if it is necessary you can try your luck, else wait for few more months.

rajeshalex
06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I would suggest to plan in 3 months advance so that you can send all the documents from usa, prepare documents in India and planning the trip.

If anyone needs a B1 visa frequently asked questions and answers pls send me a PM.

Rajesh

gcsim
06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
thanks for the reply guys