PDA

View Full Version : Travel on AP (EAD) through Doha, Qatar

va_dude
06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi all.

Any users who can share their experience travelling to the US via Doha, Qatar while they were on an AP (and EAD)?

Are folks at Doha well aware of what an AP is?

Thanks.

vnagesh
06-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I traveled via Doha, Qatar. There were no issues. They basically asked me to provide the AP document and the passport. They checked the details and let me board the flight. So, I believe the folks are aware of handling AP.

-Nagesh

va_dude
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Awesome. I appareciate the response.

How was Qatar airways? I've generally heard good things about it.

gimme_GC2006
06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I will be travelling to Hyd(IND) mostly this November..and I am thinking about Emirates..

And I will be travelling on AP...

Anyone went through that route..?

Also recommendations for any other Airlines? or agents (who can get me tickets for cheap :D )

sree1083
06-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I travelled in Emirates with AP, no issues...

Air India is also good

peterdsouza2004
06-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Has any one travelled to freeport ,Bahamas on AP. Kindly share your experience

Thanks,
Peter

gimme_GC2006
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I travelled in Emirates with AP, no issues...

Air India is also good
Air India? Are you sure...I heard its lpathetic..

Last time I traveled with its sister concern (Indian Airlines), the grannies were not even looking at customers while answering..;)

h1techSlave
06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
In my experience Qatar is worse than Air India. Arabs look down upon us more than Europeans look down on us. In Europe, at least you can complain. In Arab countries (or in side the flight), if you complain you will be thrown in jail.

Awesome. I appareciate the response.

How was Qatar airways? I've generally heard good things about it.

setpit_gc
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
My wife and kids travelled to India via Dubai in Emirates.

Please look for alternatives.

Very bad service
Food is not good
Not kid-friendly
Air hostress need very basic training
They were trained to eat all the time
No respect to passengers

If you don't have anyother choices, you can consider this Airlines.
I will never ever fly with Emirates again. I will go back to Singapore Airlines in the future.

rajeshalex
06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
1. Please do not judge an airline with one time travel experience. Usually if the air hostess is not doing a good job, we tend to say the airline is not good.

2 Qatar Airways is considered as the 5 star service provider in Airline industry.

3 The worst service provider / most people complain about is AIR INDIA. Many travel agents in USA wont sell AIR India because of the poor service. They frequently change the flight timings/connection flights and so on...

setpit_gc
06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I have flew in Singapore Airlines almost 10 times so far. I had pleasant experience every single time.

next
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I travelled through Doha on AP without any problems. The Qatar Airways service was also quite good. I had requested indian food and it was comparable to the food provided on Air India.

gimme_GC2006
06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
My wife and kids travelled to India via Dubai in Emirates.

Please look for alternatives.

Very bad service
Food is not good
Not kid-friendly
Air hostress need very basic training
They were trained to eat all the time
No respect to passengers

If you don't have anyother choices, you can consider this Airlines.
I will never ever fly with Emirates again. I will go back to Singapore Airlines in the future.

I flew Emirates couple of times..and they are indeed kid friendly and food? come on who will serve biryani type food in airlines..I like emirates..may be you just got a bad apple