PDA

View Full Version : Validity date on Renewed AP

desitechie
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
My current AP expires on 2 Aug 2009. I applied for renewal on 2 May and it was approved on the 20th. But the validity is only till 19 may 2010 and not 2 aug 2010.

I have lost almost 3 months here. Is it normal or a special case that i need to call USCIS?

Please advise.

Thanks

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 08:22 PM
No it is normal. I also got AP same day, mine was going to expire 28-Aug. Same validity - 20 -may.

But I dont care, because for me only expense is photographs and mail charges. I filed under new fee structure.

desitechie
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
No it is normal. I also got AP same day, mine was going to expire 28-Aug. Same validity - 20 -may.

But I dont care, because for me only expense is photographs and mail charges. I filed under new fee structure.

Thank you for the immediate response.

I did under the old structure and need to pay renewal fees everytime.

How long did it take for the document to reach you after approval?

Thanks

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you for the immediate response.

I did under the old structure and need to pay renewal fees everytime.

How long did it take for the document to reach you after approval?

Thanks

3-4 days. These days they are fast on approvals. Best thing is to apply AP within 120 days range and apply EAD when 100 days away from expiry. Atleast you will get 2 years EAD and dont need to pay again.

crazyghoda
06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I'd do the reverse. I am currently working on EAD so I dont want any issues with being without an EAD for even a day. I'd apply exactly at the 120 day mark. Even if I lose some valdity, its ok.
As far as AP is concerned, I dont mind if it comes a bit later or even after the previous one has expired.

3-4 days. These days they are fast on approvals. Best thing is to apply AP within 120 days range and apply EAD when 100 days away from expiry. Atleast you will get 2 years EAD and dont need to pay again.