PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Laid off on AOS - Shall i work hourly job(same job desc) using EAD

needgc1712
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi All,
My company applied 485 and h1b. I am in AOS status and having EAD. My company laid off me on March and they are not revoke my h1b and 140(they may hire me back once get new job). Mean time shall i work hourly job and get around $1200 per month with same job description with using my EAD(new company will run payroll and W2). Also i am keep looking permanent full time job with my higher salary.

For the hourly job they asking to fill I-9(employment eligibility verification will inform USCIS). On that form asking my A# with EAD expiration date.

Is there a chance USCIS will know my hourly job?. My concern - this hourly job will create a problem for my GC process (chance to get REF) because rate is low

Please give me your valuable suggestion

Thanks

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Set up your own company LLC. and ask them to sign corp-corp or 1099 and you be the sole owner of this company.

This way even if you dont get full time offer you can defend self employment.

W2 Contract can be a problem because of USCIS's perception of permanent job.

simple1
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Again Fake question.

Arent you guys tired of asking these fake questions ? Get a life that is worth living.

Hi All,
My company applied 485 and h1b. I am in AOS status and having EAD. My company laid off me on March and they are not revoke my h1b and 140(they may hire me back once get new job). Mean time shall i work hourly job and get around $1200 per month with same job description with using my EAD(new company will run payroll and W2). Also i am keep looking permanent full time job with my higher salary.

For the hourly job they asking to fill I-9(employment eligibility verification will inform USCIS). On that form asking my A# with EAD expiration date.

Is there a chance USCIS will know my hourly job?. My concern - this hourly job will create a problem for my GC process (chance to get REF) because rate is low

Thanks

pointlesswait
06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
zaara dhek kar reply kar na yaar..
the guy who posted....is definitely a "zombie".. ..chumma screwing around in life...

Set up your own company LLC. and ask them to sign corp-corp or 1099 and you be the sole owner of this company.

This way even if you dont get full time offer you can defend self employment.

W2 Contract can be a problem because of USCIS's perception of permanent job.

psaxena
06-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Nothing gonna happen, USCIS will come to know that you are jobless and you will be deported the next day..

Why the heck dun you hire a lawyer or just get a 30 min consultation from any lawyer.
Stop these fake ID...I know who the hell are you. and You know me very well.

Hi All,

Thanks

gbof
06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi All,

Thanks

Sorry for your situition and I wish you good luck in finding job. It is hard to survice and maintain legal status in current economy. Are you really without job since mar09 ?. My understanding on this is : for the primary-AOS big salary cut or raise can become a issue later.

Guys, please, throw some light if there is any time limit for primary-AOS to get a job to stay in status?

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 07:27 PM
zaara dhek kar reply kar na yaar..
the guy who posted....is definitely a "zombie".. ..chumma screwing around in life...

Sorry... I thought he was a genuine person who turned to IV for help. Anyways, I didnt tell him anything illegal.

gbof
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry... I thought he was a genuine person who turned to IV for help. Anyways, I didnt tell him anything illegal.

For how long AOS primary applicant can be job-less?

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
For how long AOS primary applicant can be job-less?

until you get an RFE on 485 or 180 days whichever is less.