PDA

View Full Version : 2 rejections, Parents received Visitor Visa from Mumbai Consulate

Iak123
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi All,
First of all I would like to thank everybody on this forum for helping out with the Visitor Visa information.

As you might know from my previous threads my Parents visa was rejected twice from Mumbai Consulate in 2004 and 2005. My Parents and I were totally depressed and were having a tough time trying to figure out what is going wrong. After failing twice we were very worried about applying for third time but then we all thought of it as sheer gamble and luck and decided to apply.

I was the sponsorer for the trip and my father is retired and landlord. We wrote his occupation in DS-156 as retired and landlord.

This time we let my mother give the interview as my father keeps forgetting things due to age.

No documents were seen at all. The interview was in Hindi. They asked all basic questions to my mom

1) Why do you want to go?
For Toursim and to visit daughter and son-in-law

2) How long do you want to stay - 2 months

3) What does your daughter do - XXX in AAA company
4) What does your son-in-law do -- YYYY in BBB company

Thats is the visa was granted and we could not believe it. As it took us 5 years of suffering to get it. But keep hopes up and keep trying.

go_getter007
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations!

GG_007

Hi All,
First of all I would like to thank everybody on this forum for helping out with the Visitor Visa information.

As you might know from my previous threads my Parents visa was rejected twice from Mumbai Consulate in 2004 and 2005. My Parents and I were totally depressed and were having a tough time trying to figure out what is going wrong. After failing twice we were very worried about applying for third time but then we all thought of it as sheer gamble and luck and decided to apply.

I was the sponsorer for the trip and my father is retired and landlord. We wrote his occupation in DS-156 as retired and landlord.

This time we let my mother give the interview as my father keeps forgetting things due to age.

No documents were seen at all. The interview was in Hindi. They asked all basic questions to my mom

Thats is the visa was granted and we could not believe it. As it took us 5 years of suffering to get it. But keep hopes up and keep trying.

crazyghoda
06-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Congrats! I know the feeling. My mom got a 10 yr visa almost 9 years ago and she has come twice so far but unfortunately my brother was refused when he applied with my mom. We still need to figure out how to get him a visa so he (and now my sis-in-law too) can come over to visit..

manja
06-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Congratulations.....I'm in a similar boat. My parent's visa was rejected twice (last year and this year) at Mumbai. Did you go through any consultant this time? I'm planning to send my parents again but before they are planning to go for a foreign tour.

Iak123
06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Manja,
Dont go for consultants. They explain different stories to your parents and your conditions and circumstances are different. We did the whole paper work ourselves. If you want any more information please do not hesitate to ask I will be more than happy to help.

Mainly I focussed on these things for my parents after 2 rejections

1) Why they want to come to USA
2) What are their ties to India
3) Who will sponsor their trip
4) How long they will come

I did prepare a cover letter addressed by my father laying down very clearly what is the purpose of their trip, Social Ties and responsibilities in India, reason for coming back, Financial support for the trip. and also focussing on family in India. Although the visa officer never looked at any of the docs.

kshitijnt
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Congrats! I know the feeling. My mom got a 10 yr visa almost 9 years ago and she has come twice so far but unfortunately my brother was refused when he applied with my mom. We still need to figure out how to get him a visa so he (and now my sis-in-law too) can come over to visit..

You may not like what I say but DOS does not usually give visas to siblings unless they are coming here on their own.

suriajay12
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi All,

Enjoy man.. I can imagine how it feels. So when are they coming. Plan for summer.. I know you have done that already. If properly planned, between now and take off, its just 1 week.

rajeshalex
06-05-2009, 09:19 AM
pls PM me if you need the frequently asked B1 visa qns.

DSLStart
06-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Congrats!
Could you post the documents you had sent to them as a sponsor?
thanks.

Hi All,

rameshvaid
06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

Congratulations.. I am in the same boat.. My parents have been denied abt. 5 time since 2000. Surprisingly my In Laws got the visa with the same set of papers I sent for my parents. My parents have visited Canada, Englnad and Kuwait but my in-laws had no other visas on their passport. Any suggestions..

GCAmigo
06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Enjoy 'man'...

man? OP may not like it.

~GCA

44gurpreet
06-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Few years back my parents visa was denied becos the sponser who is family friend was not sound financially. Now 2 months before my sister who is now permanent resindent of USa and have very solid finaces sponsered my parents to visit her and attend the graduation ceremony (high Scool) of their grand daughter. We deposited fees and as we have few days I contacted us state dept by email telling them about garduation and asked for emergency interview ( our relative got it with same reason 4 monts back) and they replied positively after 5 days asked for details of parents. Meanwhile after waiting few days after fee receipy activated and with no reply from state dept i tried to get a appiontments by VFS in punjabi but there was no date in Punjabi. Then I read somewhere that If we book interview in English when we get emergency interview we can request change of languge from english to Punjabi. Later the state dept refused saying that they give emergency interview for death and medical emergencies. then I requested them to change meidum of interview i got no reply.

Then My parent go through demo interview and perpared well. they were not easy with english but they wanted to give it try. Due to acsecnt my mother did not under stand what Vo was asking but father replied 4 question well. then on fifth question he did not got it and asked to repaeat telling that his english is weak. VO repaeted but then also he did not understand and asked to ask again then she (VO) statred long and denied visa.

Now my father want to try iaging next week in punjabi and my mother decided to try after if my father get visa. Any advise or suggestions? Is this thing that my father alone is appling positive or negative please suggest.

with regards,

Guri

matreen
07-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Iak123,

I am planningt to apply a visa for my monther (widow), she appeared once in Chennai and they asked more evidence on ties in India but we did not respond to that as she was not interested in that - this was two years back . Now I am planning to re apply her visa, she lives in Hyderabad and now we got US consulate in Hyderabad (India).

Can you please help me gather all documents I need to send and also what all documents I need to submit from India on behalf of her. I really appreciate and thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Matreen.

Hi Manja,
Dont go for consultants. They explain different stories to your parents and your conditions and circumstances are different. We did the whole paper work ourselves. If you want any more information please do not hesitate to ask I will be more than happy to help.

Mainly I focussed on these things for my parents after 2 rejections

1) Why they want to come to USA
2) What are their ties to India
3) Who will sponsor their trip
4) How long they will come

I did prepare a cover letter addressed by my father laying down very clearly what is the purpose of their trip, Social Ties and responsibilities in India, reason for coming back, Financial support for the trip. and also focussing on family in India. Although the visa officer never looked at any of the docs.

Be_Pragmatic
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Congratulations.....I'm in a similar boat. My parent's visa was rejected twice (last year and this year) at Mumbai. Did you go through any consultant this time? I'm planning to send my parents again but before they are planning to go for a foreign tour.

Hello All:

My Parents Visa got rejected twice since both me and my bro' live here in the US and hence no strong ties... THe third time, they went that is in a period of 1 year, I sent them one after the other with a 2 weeks gap and guess what they got the Visa.

Hope it helps

rockstart
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
I think the most important factor is ties to home country. If parents are retired then we need to prepare solid paperwork to establish ties. Example property papers. Other children in home country, business interests, Any other things like social work etc that can show that they are firmly rooted in home country and will not try to stay back in US.