PDA

View Full Version : is this really good news

sanjuu
12-14-2011, 09:02 PM
12/14/2011: Irish Community - A Big Comrade to H.R. 3012

This site reported, immediately after the passage of H.R. 3012 in the House, Irish move to amend H.R. 3012 because they saw it a fantastic opportunity to get their immigration agenda through the Congress. Why? Because it was unprecedent that a bill had passed in the House 389 to 15 majority yeas. This site thus reported the Irish move will turn out to be an asset for the H.R. 3012 sponsors to tackle the opposition in the Senate. At the end of the day, H.R. 3012 may not survive itself but the substance and goals of H.R. 3012 had a chance to survive in different forms as seen in Sen. Chuck Schumer's S. 1983. Senator Schumer, a big veteran legislator, skillfully handled the matter by bypassing H.R. 3012 or its companion bill, S. 1857 and introducing it as a separate bill, S. 1983. Look who is cosponsoring S. 1983, Senator Dick Durbin!! The pal of Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa in piecemeal employment-based immigration opposition! Click here to see how hard the Irish community is lobbying for the bill. What an astonishing and unanticipated big ally for the H.R. 3012!

12/14/2011: Three Most Powerful Democrats Introduced in Senate Compromised Employment-Based/Family-Based Immigration Bill

Sen Chuck Schumer of New York, co-sponsored Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois and Sen. Leahy of Vermont, introduced yesterday S.1983 to eliminate the per-country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, to increase the per-country numerical limitation for family-sponsored immigrants, and for other reform. Obviously other reform includes relief of Irish which we discussed during last few days. It thus appears that this bill could be a bill to compromise H.R. 3012 and Irish relief. Read on. It thus appears that rather than introducing Irish relief bill, he added Irish E-3 visa and illegal Irish relief provision to H.R. 3012 which the House passes. Full text has yet to be made available. Stay tuned.

mechanical13
12-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes, this is good news.

Please edit your response and add credits to it.

IV should not be blamed for plagiarism!

sanjuu
12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
The source of my previous post is

The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html)

Also, you can read this

Senator Charles Schumer unveils new Irish visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Senator-Charles-Schumer-unveils-new-Irish-visa-bill-135569518.html)

So, it seems apart from us we have now got our Irish partners. :)

haramihokie
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
This is really good news - Irish are also very well organized politically

mechanical13
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Thank you.

GO IV GO!

Gandhi_II
12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
S. 1866 as well, and it has 10 co-sponsors. I am sure IV has worked tirelessly behind the scenes on these bills. Keep the faith folks and please follow IV's lead on action items.

newdif
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Awesome, GO IV GO!!

lost_in_migration
12-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Its hard to say if this is a good or a bad thing. There are a few factors about the bill
that are not yet clear

Contentious Issues
1) Legalisation of undocumented.
2) Addition of 10000 Visas.
3) The fact that its only for Irish can also be an issue. (Depends on the strength of Irish lobby)

1 & 2 above are killers and 1+2=DoA

Workaround through amendments
1) No relaxation in E-3 requirments
2) Sharing the E-3 Visa pool with Australians. Currently 2K-3k visas are used by
Australians. If this bill passes then rest can go to Irish. This might not have the same
intensity of opposition as addition of Visas except from the die hard anti-immigrants and
other interest groups who may want to get a ride on the E-3 bus (which in turn has
hitchhiked HR3012 trailer).
3) Elimination of E3-for-Irish provision altogether.

Dick Durbin & Patrick Leahy (two co-sponsors of S.1983) have Irish connection.
Dick's father is Irish and Leahy's grandparents came from Ireland so they may
feel strongly about E-3 provision for the Irish. In the email response from Dick
to a HR 3012 supporter, he has put strong emphasis on Diversity. Ofcourse diversity
can take a back seat when DREAM & E3-Irish are to be considered.

But there is no denying that Schumer, Durbin & Leahy are powerful senators and
although they may not care for a stand-alone HR 3012 but purely for the sake of E3-Irish
they may go ahead with the formalities needed to avoid cloture, just incase Grassley
tries to put a hold on S.1983. (FYI: Out of the 14 bills currently on hold, Grassley is involved in 9 of those!!)

In contrast with S.1857, the dem-sponsored S.1983 once introduced is unlikely to pass
on unanimous consent/voice vote. Amendments might get added by republicans in
committee or on senate floor to eliminate E3 provision. If these amendments pass then
S.1983 might be identical to S.1857. In that case I'm not sure if it would be considered
as a companion bill to HR 3012 but if it does then that will be the best case scenario for
us. If it passes with E3 then a similar bill has to clear the house which seems pretty
unlikely given the republican control on it.

E3-Irish can act like a booster on a rocket which propels it by its power but also pulls it
down by its weight. But just like a rocket if this booster falls off after reaching the
required height (read "passing through the senate") then our objective is accomplished :)

__________________________________________________ ______________
[Disclaimer: On the personal front I'm neither in favor nor against the E3-for-Irish idea. I just hope it does not adversely impact the passage of HR 3012 in senate. One good thing about this bill is at least the provisions of Hr3012 would get considered in some form rather than rotting in the "Hold" put by the great senator.]

gvenkat
12-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Any time you see words like "undocumented", "illegal" etc.. You tend to think negative.. But this is Irish, since US has roots to Irish there is a chance this may actually go through. But first these congressmen and senators need to come to a conclusion about the payroll tax cut.

I surely hope this bill clears this year itself, I'm not comfortable if this goes next year.

I have done all action items as well. :)

sri1309
12-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Its hard to say if this is a good or a bad thing. There are a few factors about the bill
that are not yet clear

Contentious Issues
1) Legalisation of undocumented.
2) Addition of 10000 Visas.
3) The fact that its only for Irish can also be an issue. (Depends on the strength of Irish lobby)

1 & 2 above are killers and 1+2=DoA

Workaround through amendments
1) No relaxation in E-3 requirments
2) Sharing the E-3 Visa pool with Australians. Currently 2K-3k visas are used by
Australians. If this bill passes then rest can go to Irish. This might not have the same
intensity of opposition as addition of Visas except from the die hard anti-immigrants and
other interest groups who may want to get a ride on the E-3 bus (which in turn has
hitchhiked HR3012 trailer).
3) Elimination of E3-for-Irish provision altogether.

Dick Durbin & Patrick Leahy (two co-sponsors of S.1983) have Irish connection.
Dick's father is Irish and Leahy's grandparents came from Ireland so they may
feel strongly about E-3 provision for the Irish. In the email response from Dick
to a HR 3012 supporter, he has put strong emphasis on Diversity. Ofcourse diversity
can take a back seat when DREAM & E3-Irish are to be considered.

But there is no denying that Schumer, Durbin & Leahy are powerful senators and
although they may not care for a stand-alone HR 3012 but purely for the sake of E3-Irish
they may go ahead with the formalities needed to avoid cloture, just incase Grassley
tries to put a hold on S.1983. (FYI: Out of the 14 bills currently on hold, Grassley is involved in 9 of those!!)

In contrast with S.1857, the dem-sponsored S.1983 once introduced is unlikely to pass
on unanimous consent/voice vote. Amendments might get added by republicans in
committee or on senate floor to eliminate E3 provision. If these amendments pass then
S.1983 might be identical to S.1857. In that case I'm not sure if it would be considered
as a companion bill to HR 3012 but if it does then that will be the best case scenario for
us. If it passes with E3 then a similar bill has to clear the house which seems pretty
unlikely given the republican control on it.

E3-Irish can act like a booster on a rocket which propels it by its power but also pulls it
down by its weight. But just like a rocket if this booster falls off after reaching the
required height (read "passing through the senate") then our objective is accomplished :)

__________________________________________________ ______________
[Disclaimer: On the personal front I'm neither in favor nor against the E3-for-Irish idea. I just hope it does not adversely impact the passage of HR 3012 in senate. One good thing about this bill is at least the provisions of Hr3012 would get considered in some form rather than rotting in the "Hold" put by the great senator.]

Good theory. I liked your analysis.. Keep it up and keep us more educated on things like this.

mechanical13
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Any time you see words like "undocumented", "illegal" etc.. You tend to think negative.. But this is Irish, since US has roots to Irish there is a chance this may actually go through. But first these congressmen and senators need to come to a conclusion about the payroll tax cut.

I surely hope this bill clears this year itself, I'm not comfortable if this goes next year.

I have done all action items as well. :)

I agree. The irish are the strongest lobbying group out there.

I'd say that they will ram rod it through. They've introduced the undocumented irish clause, but I am pretty certain that no one, not even Sen Schumer, expects it to survive the judicial committee.

The fact that Sen Schumer, Sen. Durbin and others have Irish roots is very important. Its akin to Bobby Jindal fighting for HR 3012 in the Luisiana Senate. :)

Edison99
12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
yes, it is...
12/14/2011: Irish Community - A Big Comrade to H.R. 3012

12/14/2011: Three Most Powerful Democrats Introduced in Senate Compromised Employment-Based/Family-Based Immigration Bill

thomachan72
12-15-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree. The irish are the strongest lobbying group out there.

I'd say that they will ram rod it through. They've introduced the undocumented irish clause, but I am pretty certain that no one, not even Sen Schumer, expects it to survive the judicial committee.

The fact that Sen Schumer, Sen. Durbin and others have Irish roots is very important. Its akin to Bobby Jindal fighting for HR 3012 in the Luisiana Senate. :)

Not akin my friend. Boby Jindal fighting for HR3012 is a "Dream":D:D Wonder whether people like him even know their origins:D

smuggymba
12-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Not akin my friend. Boby Jindal fighting for HR3012 is a "Dream":D:D Wonder whether people like him even know their origins:D

Bobby and Nikki will oppose 3012 if it benefits them. don't count on them like the Irish count on American Irish politicians.

sdeshpan
12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Bobby and Nikki will oppose 3012 if it benefits them. don't count on them like the Irish count on American Irish politicians.
I think the Indian-American population in the US is the worst when it comes to supporting our cause...all other communities (Hispanic, Irish etc) support their own very steadfastly! It's rather unfortunate that Indians have never been able to stir that kind of community feeling within themselves! :(

chikna
12-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I think the Indian-American population in the US is the worst when it comes to supporting our cause...all other communities (Hispanic, Irish etc) support their own very steadfastly! It's rather unfortunate that Indians have never been able to stir that kind of community feeling within themselves! :(

I agree with your comment. As I pointed out before, where the heck 210,000 people are? I honestly think these numbers are fake. If it's real, then what happened to them? Why do we see only 20,000 strong support for our cause? If all 210,000 support either by donating or other ways, IV would have helped a lot for all who are suffering right now. Confusing...

sdeshpan
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree with your comment. As I pointed out before, where the heck 210,000 people are? I honestly think these numbers are fake. If it's real, then what happened to them? Why do we see only 20,000 strong support for our cause? If all 210,000 support either by donating or other ways, IV would have helped a lot for all who are suffering right now. Confusing...

I think a lot of those 210K people already have EAD from July 2007 fiasco so they aren't as motivated as we are.

However, I was referring to the Indian-American population that has been in the US for many years and are US citizens...they don't necessarily care for newer immigrant brethern or their cause like the Hispanics or Irish do. There is no lobbying power whatsoever that Indians have, definitely not via Indian-Americans. Not sure if that's the case with the Chinese as well, but just my observation!

smuggymba
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM

90% of those 210,00 have EAD because of July 2007 and they don't care. I personally know 2-3 and they don't give a rats a** about 3012 or action items.

jaithran
12-15-2011, 12:16 PM
90% of those 210,00 have EAD because of July 2007 and they don't care. I personally know 2-3 and they don't give a rats a** about 3012 or action items.

I think 90 % of those 90 % with EAD belongs to EB3 and 90 % of those in EB3 are now just fed-up and they are just happy with their EADs as they feel like nothing of the so said lobbying or grass root measures really helped the EB3 folks as they are the most affected. BTW I am not blaming/criticizing anyone here, but this is the kind of feeling goes through the mind of all my personally known friends in EB3.

Suva
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I agree with you. I am in EB3 and following or supporting IV for last 5 years. But whenever I have tried to talk to my other EB3 friends / colleagues then this is the kind of response I got from them.

I think 90 % of those 90 % with EAD belongs to EB3 and 90 % of those in EB3 are now just fed-up and they are just happy with their EADs as they feel like nothing of the so said lobbying or grass root measures really helped the EB3 folks as they are the most affected. BTW I am not blaming/criticizing anyone here, but this is the kind of feeling goes through the mind of all my personally known friends in EB3.

smuggymba
12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Great Job everyone. We have solved the mystery of the missing 210,000 ppl:):D;)

dts
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM

Friends,
At one end you all talking about unity and in next moment you are criticizing our own community ( EB3 with EAD). How can you expect unity where you yourself are not in it.
It is wrong that people from EB3 with EAD are not active. I alongwith dozens of friends are active on each action item and on this forum.
Please stop dividing ourselves atleast at this critical time when we can not afford to fight with each other.

smuggymba
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Friends,
At one end you all talking about unity and in next moment you are criticizing our own community ( EB3 with EAD). How can you expect unity where you yourself are not in it.
It is wrong that people from EB3 with EAD are not active. I alongwith dozens of friends are active on each action item and on this forum.
Please stop dividing ourselves atleast at this critical time when we can not afford to fight with each other.

that's the point. Dozen is not helping. We need all of those 210,000 stuck in backlog.

No doubt ppl with EAD are involved but it's not the majority. Our petition has 20K ayes...where are the others?

Chandini
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Well said smuggymba. I tried talking to my friends they Don't even care about signing the petition. One guy says he does Not care because who is waiting for a GC. I am good with my EAD. Basically i call them and tell them to do the action items they are acting as if they are doing for me.

jaithran
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Before being active please update your profile first. BTW I never criticized anyone out here. I just wrote some facts based on what I hear/heard from my personal friends. Though 100% of my friends think like that, I only said 90%. You should be a very positive person who falls on the 10 % side. And I don't have any intention of dividing anyone here as me myself also suffering for last 8 years and I too will be happy if we get some sort of relief. Go and talk to some of your friends whose priority date is in 2002/2003 Eb3 and you will know the facts.

Friends,

greencard.wait
12-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Guys -

Everyone is trying there best support to IV and H.R. 3012... Try our level best to bring those guys..

No more discussion on this pls.

Thanks

jaithran
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Friends,

One more point: I am in EB2 and I should talk for EB3 guys too when I see they are the most affected and that's when the guys who are affected most will also feel like they are cared too and if that's not there no point in talking about the unity . But unfortunately, 90 % of the time EB2 guys are only worried about the EB2 category (though nothing wrong in it) and no action item has been taken specifically to highlight the EB3 group as they are the most/really affected ones. Can you tell me one action item being taken just to highlight their (EB3) plight? That's why the vast majority of the EB3 guys feels like nothing is gonna happen by these so said efforts and they think lets satisfy with the EAD as long as it goes.

neel_gump
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't know other EB3 EAD's, but I am doing all my action items and doing what ever I can and when ever it is possible. At the end "GC" is much better than EAD (already 4 EADS's, 5APs and going). It is also true that I am extremely fed up and I am too lazy to port to EB2.

iv_gc
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Lets fight and win the battle....the so called dead people will wakup. :)

dts
12-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Guys -

Everyone is trying there best support to IV and H.R. 3012... Try our level best to bring those guys..

No more discussion on this pls.

Thanks

Agreed. Let's boost our efforts than useless arguments. Contacted president and 2 VP of Chinese association and explained them whole thing.
Hopefully they will bring 100's of chinese people on this forum and action items.

thomachan72
12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Agreed. Let's boost our efforts than useless arguments. Contacted president and 2 VP of Chinese association and explained them whole thing.
Hopefully they will bring 100's of chinese people on this forum and action items.

did you call them or email them? just curious

Chandini
12-15-2011, 01:26 PM
:-)

GCTorture
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Hopefully they will bring 100's of chinese people on this forum and action items.[/QUOTE]

Awesome job dude......go for it...we have whole week in front of us.

pappu
12-15-2011, 07:23 PM
We need to be spreading the word everywhere.

Please post on all immigration forums, blogs and ask people to join immigration voice to work together on this fix. Post in grocery stores, apartment complexes and other public places. We need everyone to do this action item.

lost_in_migration
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Is Grassley suggesting H1 & L1 amendments? That's what it seems like from this article. Not sure how reliable this article is and how did this reporter got an exclusive piece of info which no other news agency has and only organisation like IV can be privy to.

Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldjournal.com%2Fview%2Ffull_ news%2F16776286%2Farticle-%25E4%25B8%25AD%25E5%258D%25B0%25E5%25A2%259E%25E7 %25A7%25BB%25E6%25B0%2591%25E9%2585%258D%25E9%25A1 %258D-%25E9%2581%258E%25E9%2597%259C%25E5%259C%25A8%25E6 %259C%259B%3Finstance%3Dm3b)

Due to poor translation from Chinese to English its difficult to understand (Google has work to do) but the gist of it is Grassely wants provisions of The H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act (http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=10956) to be part of this bill. Now anybody can connect the dots and expect that, hence I doubt the authenticity of this article. This may be a pigment of reporter's imagination but it is so obvious that it is very likely that Grassley would ask for these provisions.

I tried Babelfish and translation is as given below=>
Increases Chinese and the Indian immigration population bill, hopes in the attachment after H1B and the L1 two kind of visa bills for amendment, goes through a strategic pass at the end of this year in Senate. The Congress Congress courtyard meets two weeks ago, by the overwhelming 389:15 number of votes, through an immigration act, cancels the occupation immigration the country quotas upper limit; And country quotas upper limit which immigrates the relative, 7% increases to 15% by all population. This document main your favor China and the Indian application occupation immigrates second first (an advanced degree or special capability) the public figure. The above-mentioned plan in the Congress courtyard, will run into a wall in Senate. Senate Judicial committee chief Republican Party Congressman Gelasili (Chuck Grassley, the Aiahua state) comes out to decline a visitor's call. Gelasili worried Congress through this item the high-tech immigrant fair bill, will affect future immigrant influx. He said this document protection has not sought the high tech work American. Gelasili on 13th accepts newspaper reporter when the visit indicated that he plans attaches one item about H1B and the L1 two kind of short-term non-immigration work visa bill for amendment. In order to guarantee that American Corporation does not abuse, Gelasili bill for amendment requests the employer first to hire the American worker, and gives Labor Department the more authority investigations and the penalty does not employ American citizen's company. If company more than half staffs are hold H1B and the L1 attestor, cannot employ again holds H1B and the L1 visa public figure. the high-tech immigrant fair bill is the achievement which Indian and the Chinese public figures solicit support, both countries also find mercies in a big way. The above-mentioned plan will cancel the occupation immigration completely in 2015 the country quotas upper limit, also simultaneously cancels the occupation immigration which China is born for offsets 64 green cards 1000 to deduct the quota of people every year. high-tech immigrant fair bill, although cancels the occupation immigration the country quotas upper limit, but because does not increase all immigrates US's population, once this bill passes, the first several year occupation immigration, all will include by the Indian. Because India is born the occupation to immigrate the third first schedule of public performances is nine years, after the country quotas upper limit cancels, waits for the schedule of public performances most long Indian, will obtain the immigration visa first. This document bound certainly will implicates global other countries the occupation immigration, enables to have the ready-made quota of people other national public figure at present, must wait for on two years to be able to immigrate the US. The bill causes the relative immigrant's country quotas upper limit to relax more than one time, also to Chinese, Indian, Mexican, the Philippine public figures is advantageous. Related immigration attorney indicated that this document after attaching the Gelasili bill for amendment, hopeful goes through a strategic pass at the end of the year in Senate Read more: The world news net - North America Chinese news, Chinese businessman information - China and India increase the immigration quota to go through a strategic pass are in sight

Whatever efforts Grassley is putting in all this will create more jobs... for Indians.... who are in India ;)
After all shortsightedness and narrow-mindedness are two sides of the same coin.
Here is the actual article if anybody prefers to read it in Traditional Chinese=> 世界新聞網-北美華文新聞、華商資訊 - 印增移民配額 過關在望 (http://www.worldjournal.com/view/full_news/16776286/article-%E4%B8%AD%E5%8D%B0%E5%A2%9E%E7%A7%BB%E6%B0%91%E9%8 5%8D%E9%A1%8D-%E9%81%8E%E9%97%9C%E5%9C%A8%E6%9C%9B?instance=m3b)

lost_in_migration
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
But the Fairness act has been put on hold in the Senate by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, a long-time advocate of a different set of H-1B reforms, who argues the House legislation does not adequately protect American jobs. It is difficult to sympathize with this logic, however, as the Fairness act does nothing to raise the overall number of available H-1B visas; it only changes the allocation of visas by country. (The U.S. issues roughly 140,000 employment-based green cards each year, a paltry figure.)

Fixing legal immigration is an important part of addressing illegal immigration, and even if Grassley manages to kill the reform in the Senate, there is hope for progress going forward. President Obama's jobs council supports issuing more high-skilled immigrant visas, as do GOP presidential contenders Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich

Complete Article: Make visas fairer | Deseret News (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700207455/Make-visas-fairer.html)

lost_in_migration
12-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts has introduced S. 2005: A bill to authorize the Secretary of State to issue up to 10,500 E-3 visas per year to Irish nationals

This seems like a partisan bill as Scott Brown as well as Mark Kirk [R-IL] are republicans. As 15% Americans have Irish ancestry folks from either side want to take political advantage of it.

Just in case E-3 becomes a problem for the passage of S.1983(which is S.1857+ E-3) then E-3 supporters can look at S. 2005 and let go S.1983 w/o E-3. In that context its nice to have a standalone bill for E-3 Irish.

Ref: S. 2005: A bill to authorize the Secretary of State to issue up to 10,500 E-3 visas per year to Irish nationals (GovTrack.us) (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-2005)

lost_in_migration
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
1) Retain family based per country limit at 7%
2) Marginally increase employment based per country limit to 15%
3) Eliminate Diversity Visa Lottery Program
4) Implement provisions from his H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act

Ref: AILA - H.R. 3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (Updated 12/16/11) (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=37451)
Amendment: http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=37451&linkid=241379

pinkdodo
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
It is so great to hear that something sensible actually got passed in Washington!

However, I find it unfortunate that a bill seeking to alleviate unfairness to legal immigrants by eliminating illogical quotas is about to get shackled with an amendment that, in principle, contradicts it.

Provisions that 1) deal with illegal immigrants, and 2) create new visa for people born in a specific country would be contrary to what HR 3012 - Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act stands for, since it 1) deals with the system of processing legal immigrants, and 2) tries to remove distinction based on country of birth

rxd9507IV
12-16-2011, 08:34 PM
1) Retain family based per country limit at 7%
2) Marginally increase employment based per country limit to 15%
3) Eliminate Diversity Visa Lottery Program
4) Implement provisions from his H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act

Ref: AILA - H.R. 3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (Updated 12/16/11) (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=37451)
Amendment: http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=37451&linkid=241379

Politics is a dirty chess game. Dems would not agree to point 1. This is a great strategy to disturb the amazing work that IV has done so far. Let us focus on IV action items and not worry about this. Clearly IV understands the nuances of these games or else there is no way HR 3012 would come anywhere near the current state.