PDA

View Full Version : REF's for I-485 apps pending long

new2perm
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Heard this from our company lawyer .... uscis will issue RFE for all I-485 applications that are pending for a while to make sure the applicant still has the job offer. He got this from a very reliable source. I dont know how true it is...just sharing what I have heard.

chanduv23
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Heard this from our company lawyer .... uscis will issue RFE for all I-485 applications that are pending for a while to make sure the applicant still has the job offer. He got this from a very reliable source. I dont know how true it is...just sharing what I have heard.

RFE for employment verification seems to be common these days. As long as you are eligible to port jobs under AC21 - there is no need to worry if you used AC21.

srinivas_o
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Pending long means do you approximately how much time is considered as long???
I mean pending for 2 years or 5 years or ????

new2perm
05-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I am a July 2007 filer and he expects an RFE for employment verification on my case.

tushbush
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Sounds true. I got RFE on employment verification last week. I am a July 2007 filer.

royus77
05-29-2009, 12:19 AM

Can you share your company lawyer's name before when you are spreading these kind of speculative rumors ....use commonsense before posting

shana04
05-29-2009, 12:59 AM
I am a July 2007 filer and he expects an RFE for employment verification on my case.

I am july 07 filer and I got RFE for EVL and that should be on companys letter head and a copy of it with job description and offer for full time with salary. (In fact I have sent AC21 through attorney)

And RFE for current residence proof

tdasara
05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
This basically is adding insult to injury!

How can one expect a sane professional being stuck with the same job description for 5-10-15 years with little or no pay increase?

Oh, well, that's the law!! So were Jim Crow laws....An unjust law no law at all! Augustine of Hippo

For Christ sake...the PD's are stuck in Windows 2000 era (even Windows 98 era). We have had XP, Vista and now Windows 7 and we are expected to work on Windows 98?

So in case of an RFE, do we plead saying Windows 98/Windows 2000 are obselete no sensible (profitable) business uses it and I have to work on Windows Vista?

vjkypally
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Same here.

I am july 07 filer and I got RFE for EVL and that should be on companys letter head and a copy of it with job description and offer for full time with salary. (In fact I have sent AC21 through attorney)

And RFE for current residence proof

new2perm
05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Can you share your company lawyer's name before when you are spreading these kind of speculative rumors ....use commonsense before posting

Can you please read the following statement in my above post?.. 'I dont know how true it is...just sharing what I have heard.'

babuworld
05-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I too got RFE on my I-485 but its about Birth Certificate requesting non availability and my 10th and 10+2 mark list. Got the same RFE to my spouse too.

I am with the same employer.

coolmanasip
05-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Did you guys get a soft LUD before the RFE? How many days lag if any?

Also, is there anyone that got a soft LUD and did not get an RFE at all? or is everybody getting an RFE?

coolmanasip
05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Did you guys get a soft LUD before the RFE? How many days lag if any?

Also, is there anyone that got a soft LUD and did not get an RFE at all? or is everybody getting an RFE?

rssm10
06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I have got the I-485 denial notice. I am the primary applicant and my wife is dependent application. The denial notice was based on an RFE which was not responded (Basically neither my lawyer nor ourselves received the RFE notice, we directly
received the denial notice). Before we got the 485 denial notice, our status are as follows:
Myself : WOrking on H1 B (Primary Applicant)
Wife : Working on EAD.

Attorney sent the necessary paper work to USCIS 2 weeks back.2 weeks passed away and there is no update from USCIS. The status online still says that the I485 is denied.

1)Can my wife continue to work on EAD ?
2)What is the status of the EAD now ?
3)Should we have to wait for the case to be reopened before she can join work on EAD ?

cooldude0807
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I recd an RFE too even though i filed AC21 in feb. My lawyer sent the required docs & from May26th there has been a soft LUD everyday...the status says "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed". Also there is no RFE on my wife's case.

cdeneo
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
With the news of onset of RFE's - does the attorney only get the RFE or do both the attorney and the applicant get a copy of the RFE.

I am sure many would have this question - my attorney on the submitted G-28 form was one tied to my previous company. I have switched jobs since then but have not submitted AC-21 notification (though I qualify for the same). I have not submitted a new G-28 form to change attorney representation since I do not have an attorney at this time.

I just want to make sure that incase an RFE is issued - I get a copy even though my old attorney is on file. Any input/advise will be much appreciated on how to make sure of the same.

cooldude0807
06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I have a lawyer who is representing me..so he got the RFE & he fowarded it to me. In your case i would just call USCIS and check to see if you will recieve RFE's since you don't have a lawyer representing you.

morchu
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't be offended by these RFE's. USCIS officers are just doing what they were told to do (doing their job).

I understand that the marriage ties of Indians are very strong. But we are in America, and the proof they are asking is to show that the marriage is still in good trust (a marriage certificate is not enough proof for that).

Same with birth certificate. Americans are used to giving extreme importance to birth certificates, and in India, we never had to use birth certificate as a supporting documentation. So when you don't have a birth certificate, or when the birth certificate was issues recently, they are asking for secondary documentation.

In the rfe I received both for my wife and myself I was asked to resubmit affidavit with full names of the parents. Also was asked to produce bonafide marriage documents. It is very stressful. I could not believe why I need to provide bonafied marriage document. If I am not married to my wife, how she got her H4? I could not believe my birth certificate is haunting me this way. Any of our school records mentions mother and father names. I am going to produce affidavit again with full names and try my luck again.

Saralayar
06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I too got RFE on my I-485 but its about Birth Certificate requesting non availability and my 10th and 10+2 mark list. Got the same RFE to my spouse too.

I am with the same employer.

Have they asked for 10th and Highschool certificates?. This is the first time I am hearing on a RFE.

vjkypally
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
It was just for me, primary applicant. They asked for my status from 1999 to 2004 including my I-20, 797's etc and also I-94 and EVLDid u receive rfe for both applications are just the prime application (assuming you).