PDA

View Full Version : H1b amendment

rockypatelindia
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I am working on employer- vendor- client systerm.
My employer compnay A holding my H1B. I have changed my client 3 month back. So State has changed.

Do my employer need to file LCA and H1B amendment ?

And How can I make sure that My Employer has filed my LCA and H1B amendment ?

stillhowlong
12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I am also in the same boat. Any useful response will be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I am working on employer- vendor- client systerm.
My employer compnay A holding my H1B. I have changed my client 3 month back. So State has changed.

Do my employer need to file LCA and H1B amendment ?

And How can I make sure that My Employer has filed my LCA and H1B amendment ?

khasibhatla
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes. It is always a better practice to apply for a H Amendment, every time you start working for a different client. There might be a change in pay rate, location and also the set of responsibilities you perform at each client; so it is advisable to ensure that an amendment is filed with appropriate set of information. I work for one of the premier consulting firms and we ensure that we submit the amendment with in the first two weeks of joining the new client/location. Also, LCA is usually approved per location, so it's always a good idea to keep the file up to date to make sure you don't get queries in the later point of time of your green card process.

krishmunn
01-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Does this warrant an Amendment of H1B Petition?

If a LCA was approved for new location BEFORE you moved to the new location, an amended H1 is not required. If you have already started working in the new location without a new LCA, you will need a new LCA and amended H1