PDA

View Full Version : RFE on H1B Extn...timeline?

rajkumar_engg
05-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I had applied for my H1B extn and got an RFE. Lawyers replied to it and its almost 7 weeks now, haven't got any reply.

Is this a usual timeframe? how long will it usually take for USCIS to take any action on the RFE's after the reply was sent with all appropriate documents?

thomachan72
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
certainly there is a possibility for delay with pretty much anything that involves immigration. when does your current H1 expire? Even if it expires since you have a pending application, the reciept notice would possibly suffice to continue in legal status. I am definitely not an expert. Others might provide better idea.

rajkumar_engg
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
It expired on April 21st, as you said, Lawyer confirmed I can be in legal status for 240 days... until USCIS comes back

rkumar28
05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I had applied for my H1B extn and got an RFE. Lawyers replied to it and its almost 7 weeks now, haven't got any reply.

Is this a usual timeframe? how long will it usually take for USCIS to take any action on the RFE's after the reply was sent with all appropriate documents?

Hi Raj Kumar,
I am completing my 9 years on H1B and my H1B is expiring. I have applied for the H1B extenstion since my I485 is still pending. What exactly does the RFE says....Can you please provide some details...it will be helpful....

rajkumar_engg
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
USCIS record shows my entry year 2003 but actual year is 2005, so they came back saying 6 years is complete. Lawyer provided all the documents to prove I am here only from 2005...

Still waiting...