PDA

View Full Version : Received only courtesy copy of I140

whiz
12-07-2011, 02:47 PM
I received only the courtesy copy of my I140. It says courtesy copy: original sent to No Representative.

I filed with an attorney but he hasn't received the original. My employer also told me he received only this one, not an original copy. When I file for my I485, is it going to be a problem? Do I or my attorney have to apply for them to reissue the original?

gsrao18
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
i have the same issue, received courtesy copy, but not official approval. would love know the answer. my attorney said it shd not be an issue as the courtesy copy has all the details like A#, priority dt etc.

sparky_jones
12-07-2011, 04:08 PM
i have the same issue, received courtesy copy, but not official approval. would love know the answer. my attorney said it shd not be an issue as the courtesy copy has all the details like A#, priority dt etc.
Please specify the service center: Nebraska or Texas?

gsrao18
12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
mine is Nebraska

sparky_jones
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
mine is Nebraska
I believe the courtesy copy does not fulfill the evidential documentation requirement. If the I-140 was filed via Premium processing services, this can be easily resolved if your attorney sends an email to the Premium Processing unit requesting that the Approval Notice be resent. They should be able to do it fairly easily and quickly. In case the I-140 was filed through the regular channel, your attorney should contact the Nebrasaka center's customer service to report that the original approval notice was not delivered.

It is important to have the I-140 Approval Notice. Usually you only need a copy of it for filing purposes.

whiz
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks Sparky.

Is it different in Texas Service Center. Mine is from Texas Service Center. And in case dates move in Jan bulletin, should I file with the courtesy copy and wait for RFE? If HR 3012 does not pass then I think we can all see some retrogression in EB2 and I should file in Jan.

sparky_jones
12-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks Sparky.

Is it different in Texas Service Center. Mine is from Texas Service Center. And in case dates move in Jan bulletin, should I file with the courtesy copy and wait for RFE? If HR 3012 does not pass then I think we can all see some retrogression in EB2 and I should file in Jan.
If you see a potential risk of retrogression, you should go ahead and file 485 with the courtesy copy, and in parallel try to obtain the original approval notice as well.

whiz
12-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks.

Is it any different how we get the original copy from TSC from NSC ?