PDA

View Full Version : Parents visa ( B2 ) rejected

HCG
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I am on H4 and my husband is on H1B in USA.My parents appeared for the tourist visa interview at delhi consulate on dec 1 2011 but they were told that their file will be put on pending for about 8 weeks. But my parents are traveling to Canada on 7 dec 2011 to visit my sister and then they were planning to visit me in jan 2012, So they told the officer that they would need their passports to fly out of the country and hence were asked to apply for there B2 visa again and handed them there passports.

My question is ::
Since they will be in Canada in dec, Is it possible that they apply for there B2 visa from Canada? WIll it impact any negative affect on the application ( as in desperation or something) Also they are planning to apply again within 10 - 15 days of the previous interview. Do they have to mention about there previous attempt for the visa at Delhi consulate??

Please advice. Thank you all for your help.

hsd31
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Visitor visa can only be applied from the consulates in the home country. They will not be able to apply for the visa from Canada. Also, never lie on your visa application and answer all questions truthfully. When your parents applied for a visa in India, the US consulate will have stamped an "Application Received" stamp on their passport. That indicates to any other US consulates that they have applied for a visa before.

a_yaja
12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I am on H4 and my husband is on H1B in USA.My parents appeared for the tourist visa interview at delhi consulate on dec 1 2011 but they were told that their file will be put on pending for about 8 weeks. But my parents are traveling to Canada on 7 dec 2011 to visit my sister and then they were planning to visit me in jan 2012, So they told the officer that they would need their passports to fly out of the country and hence were asked to apply for there B2 visa again and handed them there passports.

My question is ::
Since they will be in Canada in dec, Is it possible that they apply for there B2 visa from Canada? WIll it impact any negative affect on the application ( as in desperation or something) Also they are planning to apply again within 10 - 15 days of the previous interview. Do they have to mention about there previous attempt for the visa at Delhi consulate??

Please advice. Thank you all for your help.

Parents will not be able to apply for US visa in Canada unless they can prove that there is unexpected hardship which did not exist when they left for Canada from India. Even in that case, it is up to the VO to consider the case.

deba
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Your parents will almost certainly be rejected for US visitor visas from Canada. Although the reverse is quite easier. Unless there is specific reasons that you suspect were causes for rejection, it is probably a good idea to wait a while before applying. Whether or not the passports were stamped with application received, the event is recorded and if they mention otherwise on their next application, they will most likely be rejected again for knwlingly providing false information.