PDA

View Full Version : Report your action items here

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

looivy
12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Grassley has a deep rooted hatred for Indian professionals for no apparent reason and ROWers are trying to stoke that. EB3 I and C are in this predicament because of discriminatory policies and Grassley is in FAVOR of discrimination.

I would not sweat too much about Grassley's ammendments. He offered this Olive branch to bargain the bill for cheap but it failed badly.

Do your AIs and things will fall in places?

nosightofgc
12-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree and well said. The bill could have died instead of seeing the amendments. It is a good sign and hopefully there will be some more negotiations in the back end to bring relief to the community.

Go IV go.

Once Grassley put a hold on the bill, it was possible that this bill will not pass this year. We just have to keep working on the action items. We just have to let the process play itself out.

The positive is that Grassley realizes that there is overwhelming support for the bill. I don't see why he would bother to introduce these amendments when he could have let the bill die. Anybody care to comment on this aspect? What are the technical issues w.r.t to the senate? Was Grassley worried that majority leader would bring this up for vote? Like someone said earlier, a book on the behind the scenes work would be a great read

I read on the business week article that there are currently 309 bills that are on hold in the senate. I'm not sure if any amendments were suggested for these 309 bills.

The fact that he brought these amendments out should tell us that IV is active behind the scenes and trying their best. We cannot thank you enough for your work. Keep up your spirits everyone, I'm pretty sure this is just a minor bump.

mechanical13
12-16-2011, 04:35 PM
ahh... There goes the Great PROTEXCTOR of Future Immigration Flows.

Eliminating the Diversity Visa Program altogether. There is a word to describe such people ....

:-)

Yes, I believe Grassley wanted to build a time machine, go back in time, and prevent his grandfather from coming here.

He wanted this country to remain pristine and for the Native Americans to prosper.

What a farce. People forget so easily, don't they?

padmaforopt
12-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Are we going with the Same fliers this weekend ?

Any updates (or) new fly'ers?

GCTorture
12-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Once Grassley put a hold on the bill, it was possible that this bill will not pass this year. We just have to keep working on the action items. We just have to let the process play itself out.......

This is my 7th year wait on GC and I didnot go India all these years afraid of my visa stamping at consulates. I don't have EAD. I decided to take risk and go out of country in November and postponed that plan when I realized the Bill has passed the House. Now I am disappointed, Bill may pass one day but not this year. And since I cannot postpone my India plans anymore to see my family, I think I still have to go with my Visa stamping plans. That's where my pain comes. Anyways, I keep my faith up, and do my job on action items. Thanks to everybody and Neelu for your explanation.

django1
12-16-2011, 05:26 PM
buddy, if you have clean job history and current job is clean, visa stamping is relatively easy. Ive been to all the consulates except mumbai&delhi. I think Kolkata is the easiest and you can get an appointment soon too. Dehi is the next easiest I hear. mumbai and chennai are a bit more risky and the folks in hyd apparently dont know what theyre doing :-) Chennai is not too bad actually. I went without even photos and they had a photographer inside to take my pictures :-) but a few ppl before and after me did get rejected. just my 2 cents

Cheers

praskar
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
GC Torture: I'm on my H1 now for 10th year and go to India and return without any hassles on H1B visa stamp. Not sure why you're so scared!

amulchandra
12-16-2011, 05:34 PM
This is my 7th year wait on GC and I didnot go India all these years afraid of my visa stamping at consulates. I don't have EAD. I decided to take risk and go out of country in November and postponed that plan when I realized the Bill has passed the House. Now I am disappointed, Bill may pass one day but not this year. And since I cannot postpone my India plans anymore to see my family, I think I still have to go with my Visa stamping plans. That's where my pain comes. Anyways, I keep my faith up, and do my job on action items. Thanks to everybody and Neelu for your explanation.

Please don't worry. I went for stamping thrice. The last one in June 2011 to Hyd consulate - the most dreaded one. My interview lasted 1 minute and the VO did not even bother to check my documents. Only thing is it is the same job same company. Be confident. You will be fine.

cleopatra
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
We should fight for at least 25 to 30% for EB country limit. But if we struck at 15%, then we need to fight for those 65000 DV lottery visa to be allocated to EB3 backlog.

Please do not dilute the discussions and the bill. Do not loose heart and work on the action items. Removal of country limits in EB is the fair and right thing to do and we will achieve that.

So don't worry about compromises and what we should compromise on.

Focus on the action items and we should be unified in our support of the bill and have one voice, that is to get the bill passed as it is.

Please spread the word and get more people involved. That is the only way to get this bill passed.

Greentown
12-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Donot worry. You will be fine. Though they are asking lot of questions and proof etc...they are still issuing stampings if the people are have everthing in place like documentation, job etc. If you are working for a consulting company make sure you understand Employee-Employer relationship as per the bulletin issued and prepare to answer questions in that regard. Thats all you need other than the regular documentation. I am sure you will be ok and all the best.

Greentown
12-16-2011, 06:07 PM
This weened my target is to enlighten at least 20 more people about their KARMA on HR3012 :-)

harakiri
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Folks,

The question I had got lost in the news above, so asking again.

I got replies from both my senators and I responded to them. Should I keep sending them emails?

Thanks
--HK

nosightofgc
12-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Here is my 4th round contribution (total contribution so far for H.R.3012 is $900.00).

Your receipt number for this payment is: 4778-6604-2470-4511.

I also completed the action items for today.

Pappu_Pager
12-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Senator Grassley proposed an amendment to remove hold on HR3012

There was an important development for this bill in the Senate yesterday. According to AILA, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that (1) eliminated the provisions for the family per county limit increase, (2) proposed to reduce the employment based per country limit to 15%, (3) proposed to eliminate diversiity visa program, and (4) proposed provisions to increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs. As the readers can see from the foregoing proposals, such proposals are something which the Democrat Senators cannnot accep and reportly his amendment was objected. AILA thus reports that his hold on the H.R. 3012 remains in tact. Reportedly, survivality of H.R. 3012 itself is considered dubious.

AILA - H.R. 3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (Updated 12/16/11) (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=37451)

To Everyone,

If I read between the line, Grassley doesnt seem to have inspired by ROWers. Why ROWers would take risking their H1B status, allowing even 15% to I/C/M/P and the very big -- getting rid of Diversity program (GC Lottery) !!

It's Grassley's own mental sentiment .. This guy surely sounds emotional animal :D ... He didn't know what he said -- closing Diversity Program !! That too, when everyone in Senate is supporting this bill ... He surely have lost the logic .. so, it is a perfect time to fight back ... If debate happens there is nothing he will have to bring .. His actions (hold, now this loose amendments etc) is not going to help in debate at all, because it's baseless ...

For ROWers, --- my friend, if HR3012 passes or not -- it is a time for you guys to read these amendments carefully and see if people like Grassley is your real friend or the person who would rather stab from behind !! .. Grassley did not care about ROWers, as well and his remarks in amendment made it cristal clear now ... ROWers, your support (rather than opposing this) to HR3012 might give you 1-2 years of delay for initial few years, until the line becomes parallel for everyone --- but, in return, you would gain enormous support from I/C/M/P for any future Immigration bill you or organizations like IV would be working ... Think smart and identify your real friend .. Shaking hands with people like Grassley will give you nothing but long-term resentment from I/C/M/P over any joint-immigration issue and then people like Grassley will take you out as well, once he will know the rift is now more divided ..

I am not physiological expert, but reading Grassley (or Oh Law's :D) comment, it is important to do full background check on people like him ..I am sure, many interesting thing will surface up questioning his integrity and image ... He sounds one of the extremist who considers people waiting here in line are slaves and who puts his own personal belief first than what's good for the country .. It is not in DNA of USA to have such a adverse comments on someone with no bad intentions...

I am sure, it is not his actions alone .. there must be group of people suggesting Grassley to do this for some unethical interests .. Though I dont rule out, I doubt ROWer might have approached him for that .. If they did , they are the foolest group now ... and they made the path to their own defeat by this covered enemy ..

Let's concentrate guys on the action items, Donation etc .. It is perfect time to remind each and every senator that this is the time to build the America not to break the America ..

rxd9507IV
12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Folks,

The question I had got lost in the news above, so asking again.

I got replies from both my senators and I responded to them. Should I keep sending them emails?

Thanks
--HK

Search Neelu's response on the same question.

bigboy007
12-16-2011, 09:23 PM

Passing a legislation is not an easy path. But nevertheless this bill has lot of baggage being passed in house... Along with any senator passing this bill involves lot of negotiations...

It might go slow but it wont be dead for the fact it has bipartisan agreement.. One senator can slow it down but not completely block this for ever.

For now lets do the action items... is there is more needed we will know...

mechanical13
12-16-2011, 09:26 PM

If you don't want to search for the email, send an email to info@immigrationvoice.org.

You will get a response within 24 hours.

bigboy007
12-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27
Very well said.
As it was pointed out before..do not panic or believe every news article out there in the media.
Focus on existing action items and at the right time and based on the right strategy new action items will be announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelu8
Hang in there folks. Nothing has changed. The bill still has a hold by a single senator and has broad support in the Senate. I know its hard/confusing to read about a new amendment/new bill every day and not have the full picture. There was a lot of similar drama on this bill on the house side also and look how well that turned out. Only difference is this time everyone is interested in the news and reporting every little truth, half truth and rumor on it and back then we could quietly plough through it. There is a process here in the Senate as well and we will have to work through it.
And no the process won't be done by christmas or at the speed of blinking an eye like some of your posts are expecting/hoping. While we understand the need of urgency, lets be realistic here! Remember how long it took in the house and there were months of pre-work before it even got introduced.
We need everyone single person's support on this. Spread the word, contribute and keep up the good work. Stay tuned for more action items that will posted over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and good suggestions !(like TV advertisements). We will implement some of the suggestions at the right time

floridasun
12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
when I first read this news this morning, I became very depressed and thought this bill is dead. After the initial confusion and scare, I read it again and put it in the context of legislative process. It then made sense in that this is the part and parcel of the process and we just have to respect everyone's inputs and sort it out. Senator Grassley is a big fan of putting hold on most bills. Heck he even placed hold on a bill that wants to eliminate Presidential $1 coin !! Only bill that he will probably not place hold on is "Renaming the Great State of Iowa as GrassleyHold". Not to mention, if that bill does pass, residents will be 10% Grassley clan and 90% Cows !! After seeing today's posts by IV members, I am inspired and proud to be part of IV as we are a bunch of honest, hardworking go-getters that gets the work done inspite of tough road-blocks.
We will get this done and IV Rocks :cool: .

mechanical13
12-17-2011, 01:25 AM
when I first read this news this morning, I became very depressed and thought this bill is dead. After the initial confusion and scare, I read it again and put it in the context of legislative process. It then made sense in that this is the part and parcel of the process and we just have to respect everyone's inputs and sort it out. Senator Grassley is a big fan of putting hold on most bills. Heck he even placed hold on a bill that wants to eliminate Presidential $1 coin !! Only bill that he will probably not place hold on is "Renaming the Great State of Iowa as GrassleyHold". Not to mention, if that bill does pass, residents will be 10% Grassley clan and 90% Cows !! After seeing today's posts by IV members, I am inspired and proud to be part of IV as we are a bunch of honest, hardworking go-getters that gets the work done inspite of tough road-blocks.
We will get this done and IV Rocks :cool: .

You made my day man. You're a funny guy. I like the part where you say that 10 % will be Grassley clan, and 90 % Cows. :) :D

skrish
12-17-2011, 07:02 AM
I think a good compromise at this time is FB is dropped from H.R 3012 and Grassley drops his hold, even with say a 15% EB Coutry limit, its still a good negotiated settlement for us. I havent heard the FB ppl being too vocal in their support for this anyways....

Cheers

My point is that politics is all about the art of the compromise. we should crest the wave and strike while the iron is hot :-) If im understanding this correctly, he is asking for 15% of EB numbers to remain country-based and the rest to be general availability. the above would also be easier to reconcile with the house version, since it would bea subset of what the house passed. but thats just my two cents

ronhira
12-17-2011, 07:18 AM
My point is that politics is all about the art of the compromise. we should crest the wave and strike while the iron is hot :-) If im understanding this correctly, he is asking for 15% of EB numbers to remain country-based and the rest to be general availability. the above would also be easier to reconcile with the house version, since it would bea subset of what the house passed. but thats just my two cents

guess the hangover is not over from last night..... if u don't mind telling, what r u smoking????? :rolleyes:

greencard.wait
12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
First of all Senator Grassley's new bill won't make any sense and on top of that "The amendment made by 24 subsection (a) shall take effect on October 1, 2012". One more year extra wait time... these guys are killing me...

http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=37451&linkid=241379

sri1309
12-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Pappu,
I have contributed $100 about 2-3 years back, and two weeks back $300.
Please provide me access to donor forum, or let me know what else I need to do.
If there are any techincal issues that can take time, I would request you to open the forum to all, if possible

Thanks,
Srinivas

goel_ar
12-17-2011, 09:44 AM
You need to sign up for monthly contribution to get access to Donor Forum.
Pappu,
If there are any techincal issues that can take time, I would request you to open the forum to all, if possible

Thanks,
Srinivas

thomachan72
12-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Pappu,

Thanks,
Srinivas

sri have patience:D we will get there

i_my_Voice
12-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Sent personalized messages to several chinese club leads at Brown University. Also called one of them personally and educated him on this bill.

skrish
12-17-2011, 10:28 AM
hmm.. Im a 4-figure contributor with a 3-figure monthly contribution. no donor forum access here either. I guess in the larger interests of confidentiality, its ok, as long as we get there (sooner the better).

neelu8
12-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Pappu,

Thanks,
Srinivas

hmm.. Im a 4-figure contributor with a 3-figure monthly contribution. no donor forum access here either. I guess in the larger interests of confidentiality, its ok, as long as we get there (sooner the better).

Thank you so much for your contributions! It is because of members like you and others who are actively participating and contributing that we have come this far.

However new access to donor forum has been suspended for the time being and will not be given till the bill is passed. This is a sensitive time and lot of anti folks and people with different agendas have tried to get access to it. At this time the core team does not have the time to go through a lengthy verification process for every new donor member to ensure that only the right folks are getting access. Please understand and have patience in the interest of the bill. We will get back to everyone after all this is over and hopefully that will not be too long.

Smit72
12-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Let's make this happen. Completed all action items and asking friends.. I hope with perseverance we can make this happen. :)

Pappu_Pager
12-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Sent personalized messages to several chinese club leads at Brown University. Also called one of them personally and educated him on this bill.

Great . Thanks ... This weekend, all of us should send emails to Chinese and Mexican community organization, student organization and many of their organizations in US .. The email and message should be clear and should detail the actions items neatly with the links, so they can access it directly from there .. I see, some of the flyers and emails are not mentioning about Family-based category .. Dont forget to mention that as well .. people who already have GC / Citizen -- still would be interested to bring their family sooner .. and we need their support to this bill ...

Just google various related Chinese and Mexican organizations in US and go their contact US page to get their emails / phone etc .

Few of such organization --

Association of Chinese-American Scientists and Engineers --

Association of Chinese Scientists and Engineers (http://www.acse.org/index.php?sub=about&link=contact)

Mid-west US-China Association -

Midwest US-China Association - Contact Us (http://www.midwestuschina.org/Index.asp?PageID=13527)

Chinese American Semi-conductor Associations

Contact | Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (http://www.caspa.com/contact)

And few others --

USCPFA Contact the USCPFA People (http://www.uscpfa.org/contactus.html)

Chinese Student and Scholar Organizations (http://www.cnd.org/CSSA/usa-map.html)

Orlando Chinese Professional Association: Contacts (http://www.ocpa-usa.org/ContactUs.asp)

Welcome to the Chinese Community Center (http://www.chinese-community-center.org/main.aspx?categoryid=3)

原基全球 (http://www.co-anlagen.org/en/contact)

Contact Us (http://www.acadetroit.org/en/contact-us.html)

Midwest US-China Association - Contact Us (http://www.midwestuschina.org/Index.asp?PageID=13527)

Also, how about tapping Mexican/Chinese/Indian Career Fairs ? In these career fairs people come for jobs and they know the visa issue and how critical it is to get GC sooner for better career advancement. They surely would support the same. The career fair website's can advertise about the bill, and / or, a stall can be rented at the career fair site, or at least, flyers can be distributed outside the career fair site. Sending emails to the organizations helping focused career fairs could be effective, as well. They also know that if the bill is passed it could boost their career fair response.

Following are few hispanic career fairs --

Career Fair | Hispanic National Bar Association (http://www.hnba.com/career-fair/)

::: WELCOME TO USA HISPANIC BUSINESS & CAREER EXPO ::: (http://www.usahispanicexpo.com/)

Bilingual Jobs | Latino Hispanic Job Fair | Diversity Job Fairs | Job Board (http://www.latinosforhire.com/)

National Society of Hispanic MBAs (http://www.nshmba.org/)

It is time to wake up Chinese and Mexican friends to fill the gaps ...

Many such organizations can also be found on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc and they can be contacted via that route, as well ..

bigboy007
12-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I would rather reach out to IV COre before doing any such things as one thing the message should be balanced and optimized it shouldnt backfire

Great . Thanks ... This weekend, all of us should send emails to Chinese and Mexican community organization, student organization and many of their organizations in US .. The email and message should be clear and should detail the actions items neatly with the links, so they can access it directly from there .. I see, some of the flyers and emails are not mentioning about Family-based category .. Dont forget to mention that as well .. people who already have GC / Citizen -- still would be interested to bring their family sooner .. and we need their support to this bill ...

Just google various related Chinese and Mexican organizations in US and go their contact US page to get their emails / phone etc .

Few of such organization --

Association of Chinese-American Scientists and Engineers --

Association of Chinese Scientists and Engineers (http://www.acse.org/index.php?sub=about&link=contact)

Mid-west US-China Association -

Chinese American Semi-conductor Associations

Contact | Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (http://www.caspa.com/contact)

And few others --

USCPFA Contact the USCPFA People (http://www.uscpfa.org/contactus.html)

Chinese Student and Scholar Organizations (http://www.cnd.org/CSSA/usa-map.html)

Orlando Chinese Professional Association: Contacts (http://www.ocpa-usa.org/ContactUs.asp)

Welcome to the Chinese Community Center (http://www.chinese-community-center.org/main.aspx?categoryid=3)

原基全球 (http://www.co-anlagen.org/en/contact)

Contact Us (http://www.acadetroit.org/en/contact-us.html)

Also, how about tapping Mexican/Chinese/Indian Career Fairs ? In these career fairs people come for jobs and they know the visa issue and how critical it is to get GC sooner for better career advancement. They surely would support the same. The career fair website's can advertise about the bill, and / or, a stall can be rented at the career fair site, or at least, flyers can be distributed outside the career fair site. Sending emails to the organizations helping focused career fairs could be effective, as well. They also know that if the bill is passed it could boost their career fair response.

Following are few hispanic career fairs --

Career Fair | Hispanic National Bar Association (http://www.hnba.com/career-fair/)

::: WELCOME TO USA HISPANIC BUSINESS & CAREER EXPO ::: (http://www.usahispanicexpo.com/)

Bilingual Jobs | Latino Hispanic Job Fair | Diversity Job Fairs | Job Board (http://www.latinosforhire.com/)

National Society of Hispanic MBAs (http://www.nshmba.org/)

It is time to wake up Chinese and Mexican friends to fill the gaps ...

Many such organizations can also be found on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc and they can be contacted via that route, as well ..

CaliHoneB
12-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Neelu8,
I appreciate you filling out an important void in IV: "Public relations" in my view. I have seen time and again moderators and super moderators ignoring this fact. With out IV treating it's members with respect and addressing their concerns IV it self looks like another bureaucratic organization and defeats the very purpose of IV in the first place.
I have seen poor motivation tactics which seems to have improved recently but haven't disappeared completely.
People complaining about USCIS here on the boards and then promptly in response to that moderators/super moderators complaining on some sect or whole of the people that they aren't participating in so and so..well we all know that complaining doesn't get anybody moving.
I understand IV is a volunteer organization and I appreciate each and everyone of you who contributed to it. My point is we could be more effective

Cheers

I have participated in the current actions items, donated $$$s and continue to do so

Thank you so much for your contributions! It is because of members like you and others who are actively participating and contributing that we have come this far.

However new access to donor forum has been suspended for the time being and will not be given till the bill is passed. This is a sensitive time and lot of anti folks and people with different agendas have tried to get access to it. At this time the core team does not have the time to go through a lengthy verification process for every new donor member to ensure that only the right folks are getting access. Please understand and have patience in the interest of the bill. We will get back to everyone after all this is over and hopefully that will not be too long.

gram123
12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
CaliHone,

Couldn't agree with you more! I hope IV takes notice of your comment. It is how I feel too.

bigboy007
12-17-2011, 05:46 PM
CaliHone,

Couldn't agree with you more! I hope IV takes notice of your comment. It is how I feel too.
dont be disheartened .. its time to stick to the point and be with IV...

here is one another link on 3012

AILA Leadership Blog 21st Century America – or 18th Century Poland? (http://ailaleadershipblog.org/2011/12/17/hr-3012-blocked/)

Look at the last paragraph.

gram123
12-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes, always heartening to read such things. I know so many things must be happening in the background and neelu8's posts have seriously kept the enthusiasm going. Something I have been thinking about..the Grinch may have stolen Christmas, but Christmas will come anyway :)

pak
12-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Indians top non-immigrant population in the US
Hindustan Times, July 7, 2010

People from India account for the maximum number of the resident non-immigrant population in the United States, latest governmental figures have revealed.

Of the total number of 1.83 million resident non-immigrants in the US in the year 2008, as many as 400,000 were from India, followed by 150,000 from Canada and 140,000 from South Korea, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said.

Slightly more than half (53 per cent) of resident non-immigrants were citizens of Asian countries, including India (22 per cent), South Korea (8 per cent), China (7 per cent), Japan (6 per cent), and Taiwan (2 per cent), DHS said in its report based on the figures available till September 2008.

Europe and North America comprised another 17 per cent each, lead by Canada (8 per cent) and Mexico (7 per cent). The five leading countries accounted for over 50 per cent of the total, it said.

The resident non-immigrant population includes temporary workers, students, exchange visitors and diplomats, who were legally admitted for specific and temporary purposes with long stays.

Continent-wise Asia tops the list with 970,000, followed by Europe (320,000), North America (310,000) and South America (100,000).

Temporary workers and families accounted for the majority with 51 per cent (930,000), followed by students and families (590,000), exchange visitors and families (240,000) and diplomats, other representatives and families (70,000).

California has the maximum number of resident non-immigrants among all the States at 280,000; followed by New York 210,000 and Texas 140,000.

Those in the age group of 25-34 constituted 710,000.

The 18-24 age group came second with 470,000, followed by the 35-44 group with 290,000, under 18 with 190,000, 45-54 with 120,000 and 55 and older with 50,000.

jontyrhodes
12-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Democrats have put HR 3012 under Rule XIV process in Senate.

Here is the link.

Senate Floor Wrap Up for Saturday, December 17, 2011 | Senate Democrats (http://democrats.senate.gov/2011/12/17/senate-floor-wrap-up-for-saturday-december-17-2011/)

Here is a Rule XIV Process link.

http://www.llsdc.org/attachments/wysiwyg/544/CRS-RS22299.pdf

rorlig
12-17-2011, 07:01 PM
what does senate rule xiv mean?

pak
12-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Any Senator can use Rule 14 to object to the second reading of the bill. This procedural objection will hold at the desk the House-passed bill and allow the Senate to act on the full repeal measure.
If the bill is referred to committee, it will never get to the Senate floor. This procedural objection by one or a number of Senators will stop the bill from being referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. If the bill is referred to committee, there is little to no expectation that the committee will pass the bill, let alone have one hearing on the bill.

jontyrhodes
12-17-2011, 07:11 PM
There are lots of things which fall under Rule XIV. Go through the information which has been provided through the link.

Broadly, what I can understand from the information which is there in the link is that Democrats may try to bypass the Senate Committee and introduce the bill on senate floor for debate and possible vote. I may be wrong completely though as I am not sure.

BTW, the Senate will next convene for legislative business on Monday, January 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM. So lets keep doing the action items with IV's direction till that time.

Have patience and faith. Try to do your own part with the best you can.

oracleking
12-17-2011, 07:14 PM
This is my HR3012 action item suggestion for IV to approve before it can be carried out.

Every Senator has a "Contact Senator" option on their Senate homepage where in you have the option of sending an email, faxing documents n others.

Two things can be done in combination or as separate steps.
1.Email the HR3012 support letter via this particular link - The text can be copied from IV's petition to support letter
2.Fax the HR3012 support letter on the number provided - Again the text will come from IV's petition to support - FAX is the most recommended option instead of emails. Many peopole do not know but FAX is one of the most noticeable form of communication in US Govt.

Guru's can chime in on the suggestions.

P.S. - One of my colleagues faxed Mr. President's office several times on White House fax number as she wanted to meet him and one fine day she got invited to White House to meet Barack Obama.

Thanks.

smuggymba
12-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Do have to email the senators everyday till we hear otherwise?

Just want to double check and not spam anyone's inbox.

jontyrhodes
12-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Here is a slightly short and a little easy explanation of the Rule XIV in Senate.

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/..._2003Aug04.pdf

Read the second last paragraph because that is the most important part.

A measure placed directly on the calendar under Rule XIV is not guaranteed floor consideration. It must be called up for consideration, either by unanimous consent or by a motion that usually is debatable, like any measure that is placed on the calendar after being reported from committee. In the 107th Congress, only 41 Senate bills and joint resolutions were placed directly on the Senate Calendar; of these, 10 were ultimately passed by the Senate and 7 became public law.

Try to contact Senators and educate other friends and families about it to support it.

Try your best at least till it gets a consideration on the Senate floor by unanimous consent or by a motion that is debatable.

mechanical13
12-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Neelu8, IV Core - can someone please provide clarification on what this means for HR 3012.

Does it mean anything at all?

nosightofgc
12-17-2011, 10:34 PM
I agree and looking for more information and guidance from IV Core. We are getting this sort of information second hand (often times from other sites) and also there is no context provided of these actions from IV Core. We trust IV core a lot and if they are aware of these changes upfront, getting to know about the context helps all of us a lot.

digital2k
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
During these historic, crucial moments ...
Patience, Participation is The Need.

Everyone should wait to hear from IV leaders for action items.

Lobbying, politics is a tough challenge.

Action item: HR 3012: As of 12/16/11

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3029302

Trust in yourself, support wholehearted
IV is I+V ( I and We )
Voice of High Skilled Legal Immigrants

Please, if you can refrain posting all info you hear or read which is viewed by many uneducated but stay focused on action items will be most appreciated.

A lot is going on and every info posted here is ready by antis or ..., who are ignorant and hurting their own cause because they don't understand and don't want to join hands with IV for their own good ...

Only one Aim, Success, Do Action items as advised
You will see the success (Everyone knows it repeated earlier few times)

USA - United We Stand All :)

digital2k
12-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Let next few days be more focused to reach more ..

Pls reach out to all our Chinese friends ...

Use these flyers to reach ...

These will be in posted in Action Items page soon... :)

digital2k
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM

Use these flyers to post wherever you can for more support ...

These will be posted in Action Items page soon... :)

srinatar
12-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Sent out the fliers to my Chinese friends asking them to spread the word. Most of my Chinese friends - have already completed the action items as well.

mechanical13
12-18-2011, 09:49 AM

Use these flyers to reach ...

These will be in posted in Action Items page soon... :)

EXCELLENT DIGITAL2k!

SGP
12-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Action Item #1, 2, & 3 done for today

thomachan72
12-18-2011, 10:27 AM
EXCELLENT DIGITAL2k!

He is one of our generals and a foot soldier at the same time in our war against this ineqality. Has done comendable work in Ca. Appreciate the effort of guys like you digital:D

mechanical13
12-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Done action items for today!

Lets keep charging forward folks!

20.5 k petitions. Slowing down a bit. We need to supercharge the effort!

brainchild
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
We are spreadings news in Indian communities hoping to get more support but it's ironical to see many Indians have signed petition opposing this bill.

I think the consulting companies are the one who are behind the opposition as they fear people will leave them after getting GC.

madras1
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I will complete action items tonight.

Contributed $200 towards this effort.
Your receipt number for this payment is: 2410-6196-4663-7261

pappu
12-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Everyone,
The bill is in a good place.everything takes time and one should not expect the bill to pass overnight or get depressed by hearing daily news or updates. Advocacy is a long process and we have come very far and are well positioned.
Do not pay much attention to all misinformation and confusion on forums. Keep the focus. Updates on other websites are also posted by people who are not in the thick of things and are not experts in advocacy. So do not post those links around and spread more confusion. immigration voice as been leading this effort and we are glad that things are moving well due to everyones support. Without support from this community and hard work the bill could not have passed the House. There are two important action items we should be focussing on as immediate need. We need to spread the word and contribute for the next stage of the bill. If you have contributed for getting the bill passed in the house, it is time to help us pass the next step in the senate. We need lot of people and support to carry us through this step.

It is high time the unfair and discriminatory country limits are removed from the employment based visa system.

vishalgupta2
12-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Completed action items for today. Also sent a request note to the Happy Schools Blog to seek their support in putting up a banner or something on their website to gather more momentum.

jimmar
12-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Action items 1,2 and 3 are completed. Will do the fourth one before x'mas.

teachamerica07
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Completed all action items. Donated $100

skrish
12-18-2011, 06:12 PM
I have two suggestions :

1. Would request IV/Pappu to setup an ombudsman whom we could all PM to verify
the merit/truth of all these rumors/half-truths and 3rd party information that we all come
across instead of posting on the open forum and causing unnecessary hype, raised
expectations and confusion.
2. Set up some kind of volunteer forum or list that is based on the level of activism, date of
joining IV, volunteering and contribution where members would get priority access to
information and updates or verification of information (even from the ombudsman)

please feel free to praise/criticize

mechanical13
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
I have two suggestions :

1. Would request IV/Pappu to setup an ombudsman whom we could all PM to verify
the merit/truth of all these rumors/half-truths and 3rd party information that we all come
across instead of posting on the open forum and causing unnecessary hype, raised
expectations and confusion.
2. Set up some kind of volunteer forum or list that is based on the level of activism, date of
joining IV, volunteering and contribution where members would get priority access to
information and updates or verification of information (even from the ombudsman)

please feel free to praise/criticize

IV Core and all volunteers are too busy to answer questions.

Furthermore, IV Core communicates something, and the Antis get a hold of it, then it would work to everyone's disadvantage.

I know this is a tense moment for all of us. Hang in there.

For now, please rest assured that HR 3012 is in a good spot. Things are moving along. We will prevail.

bpratap
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Donated another $100

Transaction ID for this payment is: 9SG04087DA411400D.

Guys !

Please step up your contributions.

sage2006
12-19-2011, 01:27 AM
If anyone posts a panic-filled message quoting some half-baked article from a website or some attorney website, please respond by quoting the below message below from pappu.
Any good thing that is likely to happen always faces some minor opposition..otherwise we would not have to work for it :). But with OUR efforts and our voice, we will succeed. IV has been at the forefront of this bill and will continue to be. Patience is the key. All of you senior members who have guided others should play a leading role in keeping the forum/thread on track. Together, we will get there.

Everyone,
The bill is in a good place.everything takes time and one should not expect the bill to pass overnight or get depressed by hearing daily news or updates. Advocacy is a long process and we have come very far and are well positioned.
Do not pay much attention to all misinformation and confusion on forums. Keep the focus. Updates on other websites are also posted by people who are not in the thick of things and are not experts in advocacy. So do not post those links around and spread more confusion. immigration voice as been leading this effort and we are glad that things are moving well due to everyones support. Without support from this community and hard work the bill could not have passed the House. There are two important action items we should be focussing on as immediate need. We need to spread the word and contribute for the next stage of the bill. If you have contributed for getting the bill passed in the house, it is time to help us pass the next step in the senate. We need lot of people and support to carry us through this step.

It is high time the unfair and discriminatory country limits are removed from the employment based visa system.

vsrinir
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Done with all action items for today

jungalee43
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Can we have a prominant link / button on IV home page for H.R. 3012 action items? I have discussed H.R. 3012 with local temple authorities and I have permission to put flyers as well as a brief note on their notice boards. They are also going to call me in a major pooja event to demonstrate how to send e-mails. For a new comer to the site and only for the purpose of sending these mails, it will be easier to click on action item button and send mails. These people may not have skills or time to find out the action items link.

amitabhaDev
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Tran Id: 5CD91812YF108923F
$200.

dts
12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Friends,

There is option to send printed letters to Senators at cost of $9 ( to two Senator and one to President Obama) at Capitol Hill.
Printed letters are more efefctive than emails. It costs only $9.
So please do it. $9 is nothing for these efforts.

newdif
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM

Use these flyers to post wherever you can for more support ...

These will be posted in Action Items page soon... :)

Please post the Chinese flyers to gain more supports from our Chinese friends !!

sekharg
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Another $100 total $300 for H.R 3012
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7TJ190567X323272M

digital2k
12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe a simple url like immigrationvoice.org/actionItems would be a good idea.

If you want may use
goo.gl/li5mX
tinyurl.com/854c6pc

Add http:// in the beginning

Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/19/11 - Immigration Voice (http://goo.gl/li5mX)

Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/19/11 - Immigration Voice (http://tinyurl.com/854c6pc)

Action items are to be done everyday!.

greencard.wait
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
It's been 3 weeks we are working on same action Items... IV any new action Items? and any update on H.R. 3012?

thomachan72
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
It's been 3 weeks we are working on same action Items... IV any new action Items? and any update on H.R. 3012?
You must be jocking, right?

The Alchemist
12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Request your leadership to support HR 3012 Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act (http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/immigrationvoice/issues/alert/?alertid=57856511)
This will take them directly to the email senator page where they can enter their information and HIT SEND!

digital2k
12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Here is per experience :

1) Best approach is to have laptops and friends to do it immeditaely, it takes less than a minute ...

2) You can print small cards, papers to give them :

http://goo.gl/JO7JB

http://goo.gl/lNK2b

http://goo.gl/li5mX

Or if above doesn't show correct on the post :

goo.gl/JO7JB

goo.gl/lNK2b

goo.gl/li5mX

Add http:// in the beginning

Suva
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Done with the action items. Doing action items for last few weeks on regular basis. Contacted 12-14 friends to get involved. Many of them are also doing these action items.

indrachat_75
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM
NRI Pulse News Paper coverage of HR 3012 - http://www.epapergallery.com/NRIPulse/1Dec2011/Normal/index.htm

GCBy3000
12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
If anyone has any well known international sites, please use this if possible if IV approves.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="360px" scrolling="no"
src="http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/wt/?src=widget" width="220px"></iframe>

srhari
12-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Made $100 donation. Transaction ID: 2Y422284P0759511B.
Also, sent the printed letters ($9). Transaction ID: 72V72825W7071411Y\

skrish
12-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1J484670X4420194E.

takes my total to $1250 :-)

kcm
12-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1M985093XJ214045S.

Followed all the action items and donated $100.Asking other people to follow action items.

Hopeful1
12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Contributed another $100 for this effort!
Unique Transaction ID #18N64820CW0817727

snathan
12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
The No-Brainer Issue of the Year: Let High-Skill Immigrants Stay - Alex Tabarrok - Business - The Atlantic (http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/the-no-brainer-issue-of-the-year-let-high-skill-immigrants-stay/250219/)

gmpa
12-20-2011, 02:01 PM
My last contribution made on 12/5/11: $100
Ref: 0119-4856-1748-5389

mechanical13
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM

way to go my friend! Kudos to you!:)

dts
12-20-2011, 03:57 PM

people like you are asset for whole community.
We need leaders like you.

GC_wait_weary
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Executed the listed action items except for flier. Will work on the flier now.

snathan
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
losers are flooding this article...guys post comments

The No-Brainer Issue of the Year: Let High-Skill Immigrants Stay - Alex Tabarrok - Business - The Atlantic (http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/the-no-brainer-issue-of-the-year-let-high-skill-immigrants-stay/250219/)

greencard.wait
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Report: Immigrants Found Nearly Half of Top Startups | Immigration News (http://immigration-news.info/immigration-news/report-immigrants-found-nearly-half-of-top-startups.html)

rxd9507IV
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Report: Immigrants Found Nearly Half of Top Startups | Immigration News (http://immigration-news.info/immigration-news/report-immigrants-found-nearly-half-of-top-startups.html)
Thanks for posting positive article link.

digital2k
12-21-2011, 12:24 AM
We need more leaders to inspire, act like you. THANK YOU

Please everyone, try to reach out to more, you'll be proud to be part of the historic times ...
Please Act on planned IV Action items ONLY & Contribute for OUR cause ...

"Remember each one of us is responsible for OUR "IV's" success and IV is everyone."

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-19-11-a.html

milindc
12-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Contributed $200 today
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 0SG81813V4654515U
Total contribution $600 towards HR 3012
Sincere Thanks to IV leadership for trying to change this unfair rule

skrish
12-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by skrish

Again, remember, we are each doing this for ourselves. consider it as an investment you are making rather than a donation. If it goes through, the return on that investment is much greater than what it is currently costing you to not have your GC.

So far, I have seen that things ARE moving and the folks at IV ARE working hard to get this done. While there will always be something about anything that could be done better (like the flow of information from IV in this case), we have all seen the tidbits of information from other sources to indicate that they are working hard behind the scenes to make this happen.

Hence, it is upto us to help them to help ourselves. just my 2 cents.

thomachan72
12-21-2011, 06:51 AM
While I appload Shrish's selflessness I do feel ashamed for those who are still in guest mode and still very strongly reluctant to let go of a few 100$s. There are 1000s more who need to be contributing NOW.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND STILL HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED PLS DO SO IMMEDIATELY. IT IS VIA PAYPAL AND SECURE.

neelu8
12-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Tran Id: 5CD91812YF108923F
$200.

Another $100 total $300 for H.R 3012
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7TJ190567X323272M

Made $100 donation. Transaction ID: 2Y422284P0759511B.
Also, sent the printed letters ($9). Transaction ID: 72V72825W7071411Y\

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1M985093XJ214045S.

Followed all the action items and donated $100.Asking other people to follow action items.

Contributed another $100 for this effort!
Unique Transaction ID #18N64820CW0817727

My last contribution made on 12/5/11: $100
Ref: 0119-4856-1748-5389

Contributed $200 today

Total contribution $600 towards HR 3012
Sincere Thanks to IV leadership for trying to change this unfair rule

Thank you all above and many others for your recent contributions! It is the efforts of each and every one of us with our time, energy and money that has gotten this bill this far and will see it through. We are in the final stretch of this marathon and require lot more efforts from everyone here and new members, so let's keep up the momentum till the finish line.

Will try to address couple of topics I have seen repeatedly on these threads.

For those asking for more communication and updates from IV : IV will tell you how things are going and let you know if there are any material changes to the bill. However, any additional communication on process and behind the scenes work is not beneficial for the bill as you know there is an opposition who hangs on to every word here. And more importantly without the full context of how advocacy and legislation works it does not help to provide active members with details even privately (as suggested by some) and is not time well spent. It only causes a roller coaster of emotions for our supporters and gets nothing done for the bill in terms of action. Rest assured every single scenario or outcome has been planned for, is being worked on and in each case IV will undertake certain strategic actions to get our bill through. So please support us by particiapting in all the action items as and when they are rolled out.

For those asking questions about contributions and new members who might wonder about the same: IV has been working with lobbyists for some years now to ensure our issues and voices are heard and get our proposals and solutions accepted in Washington. Almost all of the contributions go towards lobbying efforts and advocacy and some towards maintainance of basic services (like this website). It really operates on a shoestring budget and having a bill like this passed in the current partisan environement takes a lot of resources. Our opposition and anti immigration groups have budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars. IV leadership, core and many active members pay for their own constant travel required for advocay, have contributed immense amount of their own money and more importantly all their free time. Everyone has a full time job and this work is like having 2 jobs (3 actually!)

Requesting contributions from new members: I have noticed that some of us senior and long time members get carried away because of our excitement (and with very good intentions) but end up putting off new folks with aggressive demands to contribute. Not everyone understands the issues and advocacy completely, so please go easy and be respectful. It is our responsibility to educate them and when they realize that this benefits them and that they will be part of an active movement to bring change to a long standing injustice, I am sure they will be more than willing to do their fair share. New members : I request you to go through few pages of these active threads before you start asking for updates.

Everyone here should be proud to have done their part to bring fairness to the system. We need to do more so let's spread the word and keep up with the great work we all are doing!

padmaforopt
12-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you all above and many others for your recent contributions! It is the efforts of each and every one of us with our time, energy and money that has gotten this bill this far and will see it through. We are in the final stretch of this marathon and require lot more efforts from everyone here and new members, so let's keep up the momentum till the finish line.

For those asking for more communication and updates from IV : IV will tell you how things are going and let you know if there are any material changes to the bill. However, any additional communication on process and behind the scenes work is not beneficial for the bill as you know there is an opposition who hangs on to every word here. And more importantly without the full context of how advocacy and legislation works it does not help to provide active members with details even privately (as suggested by some) and is not time well spent. It only causes a roller coaster of emotions for our supporters and gets nothing done for the bill in terms of action. Rest assured every single scenario or outcome has been planned for, is being worked on and in each case IV will undertake certain strategic actions to get our bill through. So please support us by particiapting in all the action items as and when they are rolled out.

For those asking questions about contributions and new members who might wonder about the same: IV has been working with lobbyists for some years now to ensure our issues and voices are heard and get our proposals and solutions accepted in Washington. Almost all of the contributions go towards lobbying efforts and advocacy and some towards maintainance of basic services (like this website). It really operates on a shoestring budget and having a bill like this passed in the current partisan environement takes a lot of resources. Our opposition and anti immigration groups have budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars. IV leadership, core and many active members pay for their own constant travel required for advocay, have contributed immense amount of their own money and more importantly all their free time. Everyone has a full time job and this work is like having 2 jobs (3 actually!)

Requesting contributions from new members: I have noticed that some of us senior and long time members get carried away because of our excitement (and with very good intentions) but end up putting off new folks with aggressive demands to contribute. Not everyone understands the issues and advocacy completely, so please go easy and be respectful. It is our responsibility to educate them and when they realize that this benefits them and that they will be part of an active movement to bring change to a long standing injustice, I am sure they will be more than willing to do their fair share. New members : I request you to go through few pages of these active threads before you start asking for updates.

Everyone here should be proud to have done their part to bring fairness to the system. We need to do more so let's spread the word and keep up with the great work we all are doing!

Neelu , You can be awarded as the man of the thread . Thumbs Up .

padmaforopt
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
In November, Subscribed for '25$ for 12 months'.
Current donation : 100$ :)
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 85V30017G7098221K.

iv_gc
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Dear Immigration Voice administrators/comittee members,

Please throw some light on this "work authorization for H4 Visa holders". If possible please provide some action items like HR 3012.

This is a very good news for lot of H4 dependent people. I saw a lot of people with Bachelors/Masters degree in various fields and unable to work due to lack of work permit.

I know this thread is for HR 3012, but just to bring it to the notice, i am posting it on here.

Rule - H4 Work authorization (http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201104&RIN=1615-AB92)

Please advice and intiate some action items for the benefit of the people who are suffering from this outdated rule.

trap
12-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Well written...

girishsnair
12-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Done all action items .. continue doing it every day .. contributed $200 so far and planning to contribute more. And... sent the following email to all the people I know, who care ( about 100 ) and getting replys saying they have signed
"
My dear Friends and Family in the US ...

Please take a moment to sign this petition... We need your help to change our fate to better

Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/?m=2514792)

Without the passage of this bill there is little hope for many of us who have been living in this country for more than a decade and waiting for GC for most part of those formidable years.

Imagine being in a place where you are given everything you need, let you procreate, but has a sword over your head that can fall anytime and end everything.. and you have to get a Parole to get out (beg on your knees to the authorities) to go visit your loved ones back home. Does it sound like a prison.... That's the life of many of us (about 200,000 Indians in Hi tech)... We in fact are the Hi tech slaves who live in this great country that managed to abolish the practice ~150 yrs ago... Irony is, they still continue to do it in different ways ... and yes we have a choice to go back.... but question is, will you after waiting for so many years?

So my simple plea is... please do a Holiday charity. Many of you now live here as Citizens and PRs after benefiting from the American immigration system, especially because you were there at the right time.... Please pay it forward... All it cost you is clicking and typing your information.... It will make a huge difference in many people's life here in the US.

Please feel free to forward this to any one you know as well. That would be a great help!!!!
"

vidyas_m
12-21-2011, 05:36 PM
1. Contributed $100 today. (Your transaction ID for this payment is: 3C161992VG323942W).

2. Put up flyer's at Temple and Indian Grocery store.

3. Continue to do daily Action Items.

mechanical13
12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Done Action items for the day!

Team, I want to bounce a few ideas off of everyone. Please let me know if these ideas are too outlandish, or if you think they are achievable.

1) Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a billboard ? Is there any way we can get a billboard that says " Support HR 3012" in a prominent place?

2) Many gas stations are owned by Desis (especially in the NJ/ Bay Area). Can we include the words "Support HR 3012" in the white space below where the gas price is shown? I guess this would be especially useful in areas with high desi population - Edison, San Jose etc.

3) We have all seen the "VOTE FOR XXXX FOR CONGRESS" placards. Does anyone know how much it will cost to create hundreds of these and place them in strategic areas? Does one need permission to publicize in this manner? Once again, all the placard needs to say is "SAY YES TO HR 3012", and we should be good.

4) Can we request Cinema theatres owned by Desi to show one or two slides regarding HR 3012?

All these will of course need IV Core blessings because we will need to acknowledge that this has been paid and supported by Immigration Voice.

I will be sending a copy of this message to StarSun (Anu) and others.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

mechanical13
12-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Check this out the attached sign. These could be placed in strategic traffic intersections.

Need to make sure we don't need permission for doing so. We may need to inform the city/police department so RoWers don't go and vandalize the signs.

Yard Signs - Custom Cheap Signs - Design & Coroplast Signs Online (http://www.supercheapsigns.com/yard-signs)

You can buy these for approximately $1.00 a piece.

Might work. Lets spend this holiday season supercharging the HR 3012 effort!

padmaforopt
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Check this out the attached sign. These could be placed in strategic traffic intersections.

Need to make sure we don't need permission for doing so. We may need to inform the city/police department so RoWers don't go and vandalize the signs.

Yard Signs - Custom Cheap Signs - Design & Coroplast Signs Online (http://www.supercheapsigns.com/yard-signs)

Please wait for the comments from IV.

padmaforopt
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM

BY the way the attached sign is awesome . We can add this to our fliers list.

sunraj
12-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi,
I have donated before. I have donated again today.
Transaction ID: 1704-0906-7456-6318
Thanks for the great work. We really appreciate it. Hoping our long GC journey will end soon.:)

ananth
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I would like to know If anyone leading these efforts in Michigan? (Detroit Metro Area ?) I have free time available next week to help. Pls contact ananth333@gmail.com.

looivy
12-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Neelu, Pappu and other moderators -

Is there a way to default your Action Items thread to #1 in the thread list by default instead of bumping it. It will likely mobilize more folks.

amvjmisc
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Contributed $200.00
Receipt No: 0328-3195-6390-0397

Thank you

mechanical13
12-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Activity on this thread has reduced significantly.

Come on People! Lets pursue these action items in earnest.

vsrinir
12-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Done Action Items Today

GCTorture
12-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Done all action items for today.

Contributed another $100/- (total to $550 so far). Requesting everybody do our 'Karma', so that the bill will pass.

mechanical13
12-23-2011, 09:43 AM
The pace of action items has dwindled.

Please recruit more people and have them complete the action items.

At this rate, our petition will never reach 25k.

GO IV GO!

vidyas_m
12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
The pace of action items has dwindled.

Please recruit more people and have them complete the action items.

At this rate, our petition will never reach 25k.

GO IV GO!

I think it is the job of each and every one of us to get more people to support this. Let's dig into our Cell phone contacts & Gmail address books and reach out to our friends who are stuck in this mess, educate them and garner their support for this bill!

As I have been contacting my friends in the US, I have noticed how many of my them who have been here in the US for the past 8 or more years are unaware of the process, unaware about IV and unaware about what exactly this bill does. It is just a matter of talking to them, educating them about the process to get them on-board.

So, let each one of us strive to get 5 of our friends. Let's just do it!!!

Go IV!

chikna
12-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Only 21,000 people voted so far. I was expecting 225,000 - are these numbers accurate or just fake?

psychedelicNerd
12-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Done Action Items for today and have been doing it daily. I am setup for recurring contributions as well.

I keep talking to so many fellow Indians at work about H.R. 3012. I have been sending emails to co workers about it. Some of them ask me with a quirky smile on their face "Hey, so whats up with H.R. 3012?". My reply is always "Shouldn't you be telling me or following the bill as much as anybody else?".

I have become so close to the progress of the bill that it almost seems like its "Mine". I don't see anything wrong with it. I am sure a lot of us feel the same way I do. I just hope the remaining lot owns it to and supports/promotes it with conviction.

Will continue to do Action Items on a daily basis.

mechanical13
12-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Done Action Items for today and have been doing it daily. I am setup for recurring contributions as well.

I keep talking to so many fellow Indians at work about H.R. 3012. I have been sending emails to co workers about it. Some of them ask me with a quirky smile on their face "Hey, so whats up with H.R. 3012?". My reply is always "Shouldn't you be telling me or following the bill as much as anybody else?".

I have become so close to the progress of the bill that it almost seems like its "Mine". I don't see anything wrong with it. I am sure a lot of us feel the same way I do. I just hope the remaining lot owns it to and supports/promotes it with conviction.

Will continue to do Action Items on a daily basis.

I hear you buddy. I do the same thing, and I see people look at me like I am going to use IV contributions to buy myself a Ferrari.

I often get frustrated with the apathy people display towards the issue. Its the typical desi 'Oh, me doing something is not going to help. Whys should I waste my time and money when some one else is doing it for me'.

mechanical13
12-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Seems like only a dozen folks are doing the action items every day.

Where is everyone else. Are they celebrating Christmas ?

I thank that this bill wasn't due to signing around Diwali or during the World Cup.

We might have gotten only 100 votes on the petition.

This is depressing.

gotgc?
12-24-2011, 10:06 AM

well said..Thanks neelu and all IV Admin's efforts....

pappu
12-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Seems like only a dozen folks are doing the action items every day.

Where is everyone else. Are they celebrating Christmas ?

I thank that this bill wasn't due to signing around Diwali or during the World Cup.

We might have gotten only 100 votes on the petition.

This is depressing.

That is fine.
Even in the India's independence struggle we did not even have 5% population active in getting independence. There were many Jaichands and people who unfaithful to the effort and the country even though they were Indians. Don't we have the same kind of people with vested business or other selfish interests even among the immigrant community even now? So such people will always be there in every country or community. But that should not stop from doing the right thing.

It takes only a small dedicated group to lead and get a work done. Others just follow or enjoy the fruits of the effort /just watch from sidelines/ are unaware. When slavery was abolished in US or when civil rights movement happened, not each person in the US was a participant in the movement. Infact many were opposed. There were people for whom equal rights meant losing the privilege they were enjoying until then. But visionary leaders worked hard in the movement and lawmakers did the right thing and removed unfairness in the system. Today we are proud to be in a country that gives everyone equal rights and freedom and want to be a part of it.

Our immigration path has an unfair legal provision that is creating havoc in the lives of most backlogged applicants. This country quota has no place in employment based system where employment is based on ones qualifications and not on country, race or color. Each one of us taking part in this effort are part of something big we are about to change and we should all be proud of it.

Let us stop thinking about our own priority date, country, categories or if we have EAD, or if we already have a greencard or citizenship etc kind of narrow minded thinking. This effort to eliminate discrimination based on country of birth is much larger than this and the fairness in the system will help not just current backlogged applicants but many future generations of applicants.

manchala
12-24-2011, 11:49 AM
That is fine.
Even in the India's independence struggle we did not even have 5% population active in getting independence. There were many Jaichands and people who unfaithful to the effort and the country even though they were Indians. Don't we have the same kind of people with vested business or other selfish interests even among the immigrant community even now? So such people will always be there in every country or community. But that should not stop from doing the right thing.

It takes only a small dedicated group to lead and get a work done. Others just follow or enjoy the fruits of the effort /just watch from sidelines/ are unaware. When slavery was abolished in US or when civil rights movement happened, not each person in the US was a participant in the movement. Infact many were opposed. There were people for whom equal rights meant losing the privilege they were enjoying until then. But visionary leaders worked hard in the movement and lawmakers did the right thing and removed unfairness in the system. Today we are proud to be in a country that gives everyone equal rights and freedom and want to be a part of it.

Our immigration path has an unfair legal provision that is creating havoc in the lives of most backlogged applicants. This country quota has no place in employment based system where employment is based on ones qualifications and not on country, race or color. Each one of us taking part in this effort are part of something big we are about to change and we should all be proud of it.

Let us stop thinking about our own priority date, country, categories or if we have EAD, or if we already have a greencard or citizenship etc kind of narrow minded thinking. This effort to eliminate discrimination based on country of birth is much larger than this and the fairness in the system will help not just current backlogged applicants but many future generations of applicants.

Very well said Pappu.

CaliHoneB
12-24-2011, 12:02 PM
That is what I call a positive motivational message. I am inspired and I just donated $50 just for this message. Yes,I know what you are thinking.. I will keep donating some money when ever I find gems of positive motivational messages from IV core just to reinforce this encouraging behavior

That is fine.

nosightofgc
12-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Once the Contributions are done, other action items are pretty simple. One should not need to spend a lot of time to sign on line petitions or spread the word. Definitely we want to see more involvement from all the people who are in this mess. On a side note, I observed some what contributions for this bill which is good. We need more.

That is fine.

newdif
12-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Very very well said Pappu. "Eliminate discrimination based on country of birth is MUCH LARGER than this and the fairness in the system" that is really really true.

By the way, I spent my whole Friday posting Chinese flyers in 8 Chinese communities (8 towns) & 1 Indian community (it's very close to a Chinese community) in Southern California (Los Angeles & Orange counties). I drove about 250 miles in total. I hope my efforts can raise awareness of HR3012 toward Chinese (mainly) & Indians. I mean the meaning behind this bill is large--> eliminate the discrimination of country of birth and send both Chinese & Indian immigrants/applicants a message--> If we have been treated unfairly we need to raise our voice and fight against it together. We keep fighting till we achieve victory. It's a great life experience/lesson that will benefit everyone who want to be successful in life esp when they choose to work/live in a foreign land.

Let's keep doing the action items and I believe HR3012 will pass soon! GO I.V.!!

That is fine.

digital2k
12-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Very motivating, Time for Action, Contribution ...
And am going to ask American citizen now to contribute.
Trying is no harm, is exciting, most is some one can say no, so be it :)
Always 1 President (Leader) but dedicated team, like minded 'Generals' make it happen ...

That is fine.

Let us stay focused EVERYDAY to get closer to success
"Remember each one of us is responsible for OUR "IV's" success and IV is everyone."
We're gonna succeed but need to work more harder moving ahead

digital2k
12-25-2011, 04:11 AM
History will appreciate your efforts ... We're all proud of you
Dedicated team, like minded 'Generals' make it happen ...

Very very well said Pappu. "Eliminate discrimination based on country of birth is MUCH LARGER than this and the fairness in the system" that is really really true.

By the way, I spent my whole Friday posting Chinese flyers in 8 Chinese communities (8 towns) & 1 Indian community (it's very close to a Chinese community) in Southern California (Los Angeles & Orange counties). I drove about 250 miles in total. I hope my efforts can raise awareness of HR3012 toward Chinese (mainly) & Indians. I mean the meaning behind this bill is large--> eliminate the discrimination of country of birth and send both Chinese & Indian immigrants/applicants a message--> If we have been treated unfairly we need to raise our voice and fight against it together. We keep fighting till we achieve victory. It's a great life experience/lesson that will benefit everyone who want to be successful in life esp when they choose to work/live in a foreign land.

Let's keep doing the action items and I believe HR3012 will pass soon! GO I.V.!!

Let us stay focused EVERYDAY to get closer to success
We're gonna succeed but need to work more harder moving ahead

mechanical13
12-25-2011, 10:58 AM
That is fine.
Even in the India's independence struggle we did not even have 5% population active in .....generations of applicants.

Thanks for your motivational email Pappu. You are correct - there will always be doers in this world and there will always be those who sit on the sidelines and wait for things to happen.

I am here to help in any way possible. Please let me know how I can help!

GO IV GO! May the new year herald HR 3012 as the law of the land!

vsrinir
12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Well said Pappu.

This is the first time I am talking to you. Silently participating action items, and contributed some amount.

Pappu , Your thinking and what you said shows " Real leadership qualities and sincerity, well aimed towards target and shows you are in right direction."

Really Inspiring.

That is fine.

floridasun
12-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Well said Pappu.

This is the first time I am talking to you. Silently participating action items, and contributed some amount.

Pappu , Your thinking and what you said shows " Real leadership qualities and sincerity, well aimed towards target and shows you are in right direction."

Really Inspiring.

I second your nice words about Pappu. I'd like to reiterate my gratitude towards you and other core members because of who we have come this far on HR 3012 and because of who this bill will pass and make our New Year 2012 one of the most memorable years in our looooong journey of GC. Pappu, you are our True savior, Messiah.

vva
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
That is fine.

All IV grassroots members, Admin & Leaders :
Here's to thank all the volunteers & Well wishers for their time and energy.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and a Happy new year.

Keep up the push and keep the Advocacy going on, being optimistic that the coming year could be a memorable one.. !!!!!!

sbindval
12-25-2011, 10:07 PM
All IV grassroots members, Admin & Leaders :
Here's to thank all the volunteers & Well wishers for their time and energy.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and a Happy new year.

Keep up the push and keep the Advocacy going on, being optimistic that the coming year could be a memorable one.. !!!!!!
Papu - this is truly inspirational. With visionaries like you at the helm of IV, I'm sure we will prevail.
Thanks!

manchala
12-26-2011, 10:56 AM
That is fine.

Bumping this inspirational message.. Keep participating in action items..

mechanical13
12-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Done my part again today..

vamseedhard
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Donated $100 - Transaction# 0FR669510E398790V

piman2100
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Donated another $100. Thanks everyone for their efforts.

GCTorture
12-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Action Items doen for Today.
So far contributed $750. Will do more.
Going to print the flyers and spread during these holidays.

dts
12-27-2011, 10:49 AM
That is fine.

Very true. We can not expect everyone affected to participate in compaign.
I distributed flyers in NJ Transit today to number of Indian/chinese commuters who are working in NYC mostly in IT field and will continue same in coming days.

pappu
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Very true. We can not expect everyone affected to participate in compaign.
I distributed flyers in NJ Transit today to number of Indian/chinese commuters who are working in NYC mostly in IT field and will continue same in coming days.

Thank you.

new_horizon
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Just contributed $200/- towards HR 3012.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 66U49497BY329645N.

-----

Folks,
Your money will be wisely spent. Pls contribute towards this effort.

kickapp
12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Contributed $100 just now, i feel very happy for doing my part, will inform friends and relatives to support
Receipt number for this payment is: 3841-3560-9425-0944.

Already done the remaining action items and also got reply from my senators

mechanical13
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Done Action items for today.

Guys, lets get more momentum!

saichinnus28
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Contributed $200

saichinnus28
12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Contributed $200
Transaction ID #2UP4994089745432S from PayPal

thomachan72
12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Good to see more contributions rolling in. We are almost into Jan so pls keep the fight going but dont stress out too much. Now is the time for getting like minded folks into the awareness and maybe by second week of Jan IV will put out another set of action items. Happy Holiday Season!!:D:D

psychedelicNerd
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Done Action Items for today

vsrinir
12-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Done Action Items for today

GCTorture
12-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Done action items for today.

mechanical13
12-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Once again, completed action items for today.

Suva
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
It looks like the Irish lobby is hellbent to include their provision in negotiations with Grassley.

Check here...Dueling bills (http://irishecho.com/?p=68814)

"In a letter to Senator Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Brown asked that Senate Bill 2005, the Irish Immigration Recognition and Encouragement Act of 2011, be included in any negotiations to advance H.R.3012, the House Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011."

thomachan72
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
It looks like the Irish lobby is hellbent to include their provision in negotiations with Grassley.

Check here...Dueling bills (http://irishecho.com/?p=68814)

"In a letter to Senator Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Brown asked that Senate Bill 2005, the Irish Immigration Recognition and Encouragement Act of 2011, be included in any negotiations to advance H.R.3012, the House Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011."
It shows the weight that 3012 caries and the irish lobby want to capitalize on that to get their agenda included. I personally dont see anyway they can succeed in doing that. This might be another thing that potentially might delay our bill a bit but as pappu/neelu and others suggested there is a routine process (which included amendments etc) and ultimately we will prevail. Any bill that has a chance to pass will atract attention from such narrow minded folks who try to push in their own agendas so this is just one of them. However, it certainly shows the power behind 3012. :D:D
Dont loose your spirit on this. Have faith and work hard. Remember that even the best intentioned activities sometimes fail. However, without effort no activities succeed. Lets do our part and let the force do its part. :D

SGP
12-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Agree. Even tagged to 3012 I am sure the amendment will need to be rejected. 3012 is a clean, simple and straightforward bill in support of the high skilled EB immigrants and should stand alone without any dirt. It is high time this country does a bit in return to the millions who have labored for years to make it economically the strongest in the world. There is absolutely nothing that is even remotely similar between irish amendment/bill and our 3012/1857.

Can't agree more with you.

digital2k
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Mailing list for Chinese University Students Mailing list for Chinese University Students | Information Center of Excellence (http://t.co/JfyuNWEa)

Thanks to @ProvideJustice [/URL][URL="http://t.co/JfyuNWEa"] (http://t.co/JfyuNWEa)

waitingnwaiting
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3062430-post5.html

It is an irony that however many times IV core posts an update, nobody wants to understands it. They will want some lawyer posting the update to believe it. Come on ....why? Filing an application and lobbying for a law are 2 very different things.

Threads like why one lawyer is not supporting a bill just shows how stupid some people on the forum are. They have zero idea what is lobbying by a lobbyist and what is filling an H1B application form by a lawyer.

Grow up guys.

digital2k
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Action Items need daily Action and we need more members

Mailing list for Chinese University Students Mailing list for Chinese University Students | Information Center of Excellence (http://t.co/JfyuNWEa)

Thanks to @ProvideJustice

Letus put our best efforts reaching out ...

floridasun
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Watching Grassley on CSPAN now - he explains Rick Santorum's sudden surge in polls is due to his hard work and he also says "hard work always pays off". this is a message directly from our show stopper - keep doing action items :).

thomachan72
12-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Watching Grassley on CSPAN now - he explains Rick Santorum's sudden surge in polls is due to his hard work and he also says "hard work always pays off". this is a message directly from our show stopper - keep doing action items :).The more I read this the more I am laughing:D:DVery good one:D:D

mechanical13
12-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Watching Grassley on CSPAN now - he explains Rick Santorum's sudden surge in polls is due to his hard work and he also says "hard work always pays off". this is a message directly from our show stopper - keep doing action items :).

Thats pretty funny. I guess politicians everywhere are the exact same - they are hypocrites.

Grassley's parents or grandparents were ancestors. He came to Iowa and stole land from some poor native american who couldn't defend himself because he didn't own a gun.

Now Grassley is preventing others from benefiting from the same thing that enabled his family to become American.

And to top it all, he says hard work pays off.

WoW.

digital2k
12-31-2011, 05:14 AM
Most appreciated and hope it motivates others ...

Everyone please use this thread to Report your Action & motivate ...

Report your action items here
Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/26/11 - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2586064)

Here is my 6th round of contribution - making the total contributions for 3012 to $1000.00. Very Happy to reach the $1000.00 mark - of course still trailing as compared to a few others contributed more.

thomachan72
12-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Friends hope supporting 3012 is one of all of our New Year resolution!!!
Ignore any provocation, practice humility and patience and communicate with a brave heart.

mechanical13
12-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Done for today.

Let's all make a new year's resolution that we will perform our Action Items diligently, and contribute towards the success of HR 3012 and IV.

greencard.wait
12-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I was going through the news that Verizon dropped $2 fee because of change.org petition.

Verizon Reverses on $2 Fee for One-Time Payments | Techland | TIME.com (http://techland.time.com/2011/12/31/verizon-reverses-on-2-fee-for-one-time-payments/)

Can IV add this action item. Looks to me this is very important site.

Change.org - Start, Join, and Win Campaigns for Change (http://www.change.org/)

Thanks,

floridasun
12-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Will be busy partying tonight :cool: , so before its too late,

Wish You All a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year

AND

May The Almighty God Bless Us With Success in Our Looooooooooong GC journey :)

psychedelicNerd
01-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Done action items for today. Wishing everybody a very happy new year. :D

mechanical13
01-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Here's to a very happy New Year to everyone!

Suva
01-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Happy New year to all.

Done action items today.

bpratap
01-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Wish all the IV members and the IV Core a very Happy New Year !

Lets continue our Advocacy efforts with renewed energy & Hope in the new Year !

greencard.wait
01-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Any comments on this ???

I was going through the news that Verizon dropped $2 fee because of change.org petition.

Verizon Reverses on $2 Fee for One-Time Payments | Techland | TIME.com (http://techland.time.com/2011/12/31/verizon-reverses-on-2-fee-for-one-time-payments/)

Can IV add this action item. Looks to me this is very important site.

Thanks,

mechanical13
01-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Lets keep the momentum folks!

mechanical13
01-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Any comments on this ???

I recommend you email info@immigrationvoice.org and ask the IV Core whether they want to pursue this idea.

They are typically very quick to respond. Just include the subject line " New Action Item Idea" or something like that.

GC_wait_weary
01-02-2012, 09:23 AM
IV puts out action item almost on weekly basis. My question is it good idea for same person to keep sending letter/email to senator multiple times. What do IV advocacy advisor say about it.

manchala
01-02-2012, 01:47 PM
That is fine.

Bump..

greencard.wait
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I dropped email. I hope at least this time I will get acknowledgement from IV team.

Can IV add this action item. Looks to me this is very powerful site.

Thanks,

I recommend you email info@immigrationvoice.org and ask the IV Core whether they want to pursue this idea.

They are typically very quick to respond. Just include the subject line " New Action Item Idea" or something like that.

srij
01-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Happy New year every body. Just donated $100, bringing the total to $400 so far. Transaction id 08560548FT607714H. Let 3012 bring green to most of us in 2012 :D

GCTorture
01-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Action Items done.
Contribution amounts to $750/- so far.

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. I TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK IV FOR ALL EFFORTS ON 3012. I AM SURE WE WIN.

looivy
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Completed my AIs today.

mechanical13
01-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Done action items for today as well!

Suva
01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Done action items for today.

vsrinir
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Done Action Items for today.

manchala
01-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Done action items.

floridasun
01-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Watching CNN, IOWA radio station WHO radio host Simon Conway was commenting on today's Caucus polls. If you dont know, his is pretty heartening story - he came to this great Country just after 9/11. It took 7 (really long) years (2008) for him to become US citizen. (if you did not already guess it, he is (or was) a British National.

P.S. No pun intended :p

floridasun
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Watching CNN, IOWA radio station WHO radio host Simon Conway was commenting on today's Caucus polls. If you dont know, his is pretty heartening story - he came to this great Country just after 9/11. It took 7 (really long) years (2008) for him to become US citizen. (if you did not already guess it, he is (or was) a ROW National.

P.S. No pun intended :p

small correction

digital2k
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Everyone please use this thread to Report your Action & motivate ...

Report your action items here AND ACTION ITEMS are :

Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/26/11 - Immigration Voice (Action item: HR 3012: Week of 01/02/2012) (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/thread2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-01-02-2012-a-new-post.html)

skrish
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Dont worry, One day it will be a Chines,Indian or Mexican journalist who will interview grassley and ask him about his views on hard work and what exactly he was thinking when he put an undemocratic hold on a bill that espoused these very values.... Hopefully that will be right before the 2013 elections and on Fox news...

pak
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Just watched anti-legal immigration ad on CNN. We need to get more support from the communities rather than just doing daily action items. Recruit more supporters. Spend some time every day to send e-mails, call friends, use facebook, linked-in, twitter and all other means.

skrish
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
hmmm.. troubling indeed:

Ill-Legal Workers - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Ryd1-xco9cg)

Presidential Hopefuls' Debate TV Ad - YouTube (http://youtu.be/I0s8eKg2b8I)

nosightofgc
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Fellow Green Card Back Log sufferers,

We need more people involvement and participation. Please spread the word. I spoke to one of my friends who is also stuck in EB3, but he did not know any thing about H.R.3012 until I told him. He completely stopped looking at this after getting frustrated.

And also I am hearing the ROWERs are very active with their action items. By looking at that I see that we need to get more energized and support the bill.

StarSun
01-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Fellow Green Card Back Log sufferers,

We need more people involvement and participation. Please spread the word. I spoke to one of my friends who is also stuck in EB3, but he did not know any thing about H.R.3012 until I told him. He completely stopped looking at this after getting frustrated.

And also I am hearing the ROWERs are very active with their action items. By looking at that I see that we need to get more energized and support the bill.

Take it upon yourself to convince at least 1 friend every day to follow through with action items posted. Time for action is always NOW.

greencard.wait
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
As I said I never get any reply / comment to my email from IV team. Not sure why :confused:

I dropped email. I hope at least this time I will get acknowledgement from IV team.

Can IV add this action item. Looks to me this is very powerful site.

Thanks,

pappu
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
As I said I never get any reply / comment to my email from IV team. Not sure why :confused:

When you send us emails, do not create a new email Id just to send an email. Make sure to write your name and contact details when you sign your emails. When someone sends an anonymous email it means the person is not sincere. Would you respond to someone if someone sends you an annonymous email to your account? Is sending an email to IV so scary? Advocacy is not about hiding in the shadows. Illegals are better than us. They at least go and walk on the streets and go on cameras.

We are aware of all such sites. Laws get changed only through lobbying. All these petition sites only help in awareness. But real work is lobbying. Please actively take part in action items posted by IV.

rorlig
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I have a suggestion, make the login into this forum based on FBConnect; that would make sure sincere participation.

skrish
01-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Monthly contribution went through

Did Action Items for Today

Will try to reach out to a few friends.

has anyone had any success attracting corporate sponsors?

prem_jyotish
01-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks to the "FAIR" ads in CNN, i reached out to a few more Citizens/GC requesting support for 3012. I am happy that the money FAIR is spending is motivating me even more :D

vsrinir
01-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Done Action Items for Today

thescadaman
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Happy New Year folks!

I just renewed my monthly contributions.

$50 USD for 6 months.

Subscription#S-3KB69910WY133511B

vidyas_m
01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Happy New Year folks!

I just renewed my monthly contributions.

$50 USD for 6 months.

Subscription#S-3KB69910WY133511B

That's great commitment from you, 'thescadaman'. I know that your GC is on the way, if you haven't gotten it already. Still, you have renewed your contributions. That's just awesome.

Kudos to you and others like you!

jungalee43
01-05-2012, 10:05 AM
I have posted the fliers in temple and also circulating e-mail in temple community with the links.
I am also sending e-mail about two or three times a week. Firewalls in my office making it difficult for me. I have some issues with Paypal that I am working on. Contribution to follow.

Amman
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Today done the AI and contributed $100 towards 3012.

Your receipt number for this payment is: 5252-8481-9657-4848.

psaxena
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Done

mechanical13
01-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Folks,

Congratulations to everyone who became current today.

At this moment of happiness, please let us promise to continue to do our Action Items and work diligently to bring similar relief and happiness to our EB3 friends.

Let us not forget HR 3012. Let us contribute to the cause, and see to it that fairness prevails.

I am current as of today, but I pledge to continue doing my Action Items relentlessly.

GO IV GO!

pappu
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Folks,

At this moment of happiness, please let us promise to continue to do our Action Items and work diligently to bring similar relief and happiness to our EB3 friends.

Let us not forget HR 3012. Let us contribute to the cause, and see to it that fairness prevails.

I am current as of today, but I pledge to continue doing my Action Items relentlessly.

GO IV GO!

appeal to everyone :

Good to see our combined efforts bearing fruits. Thanks our people who helped with this and supported us to be the voice of immigrants.

It is now time to focus on HR 3012. It just needs a big push and then all of us will be in a good spot cheering and spreading happiness on the forum, growing professionally and having a better peace of mind in our personal lives.

If you have not contributed, please consider contribution ASAP so that we can put in more resources for the bill. If you are current this month, congratulations to you. Please consider contributing to immigration voice on this occasion . We have been advocating for faster movement for some time and this is the best news after faster movement last month. Eb2 is now in a very good place and it's time to push our bill hard.

starscream
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
mechanical13

Thanks for your support , hope other EB2 folks don't leave us . Hope this community stays united.

Folks,

GO IV GO!

digital2k
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Congrats mechanical13 and everyone

Everyone should support HR 3012 and act NOW more than Ever

Eliminate Discrimination Based on Country of Birth in 21st Century - HR3012 !

mechanical13

Thanks for your support , hope other EB2 folks don't leave us . Hope this community stays united.

Folks,

GO IV GO!

skrish
01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Continuing the support for IV

Posted Fliers in 5 high-rise apartment buildings with mostly Indian, Chinese and some ROW residents

Completed Action Items Today Also

United we stand folks.. Let us arise, awake and stop not until the goal is reached.

spven
01-07-2012, 08:05 AM
My second contribution to the cause, this time 6 month recurring.
Paypal no S-9BJ18237LR309282T

nosightofgc
01-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Team,

We have two more weeks for the senate to be back in session and raise our anxiety. Just two weeks, please contribute and spread the word. I hope, no news is good news from IV. In few weeks, we will probably know our fate and the results of our "karma" (help IV to help us).

django1
01-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Congrats to all in EB2I who are current ! :-)

If IV has had an important role in this, they should acknowledge it in email to each
member (many dont come to the forum)

Also, let us not forget that given the massive forward movement for EB2I, It will quite
likely not be sustainable UNLESS HR3012 GOES THROUGH.

So all those basking in the glow of 'currency' (becoming current) may want to e a great weekend.
divert some hard CURRENCY to IV. Otherwise the hope of converting the
curren status to GC may become a distant mirage if retrogressiion kicks in.

Lets all support IV and hope that by this time next H.R 3012 is law and many EB3 brethren will
be current too.

Then we will have a MASSIVE PARTY in DC to celebrate Victory-IV day (and oh yeah, invite
grassley too) :-)

Cheers and have a great weekend

amitskumar
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Contributed $100 7FB806473D327080L .
HR 3012 will pass!!
Go IV.

nosightofgc
01-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Have we given up?

No, we cannot. Common folks. I think people are getting bored with the old and same action items. We need some thing new.

skrish
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I dont think anyone has given up. As django1 points out above

Also, let us not forget that given the massive forward movement for EB2I, It will quite
likely not be sustainable UNLESS HR3012 GOES THROUGH.

So all those basking in the glow of 'currency' (becoming current) may want to
divert some hard CURRENCY to IV. Otherwise the hope of converting the
curren status to GC may become a distant mirage if retrogressiion kicks in.

we are in the last 2 week home stretch before congress kicks off, so now is the time to get together, take a deep breath and sprint to the finish line with all our might.

We need to get this law to become reality lest the EB2I forward movement will also be lost
and who knows what will happen in the future and how much longer the wait will become.

This is truly a once in a decade oppurtunity that is in front of us. let us grab it with both hands.

Oppurtunity does NOT knock twice.

floridasun
01-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I dont think anyone has given up. As django1 points out above

we are in the last 2 week home stretch before congress kicks off, so now is the time to get together, take a deep breath and sprint to the finish line with all our might.

We need to get this law to become reality lest the EB2I forward movement will also be lost
and who knows what will happen in the future and how much longer the wait will become.

This is truly a once in a decade oppurtunity that is in front of us. let us grab it with both hands.

Oppurtunity does NOT knock twice.

Thanks for showing some optimism but frankly it would be beneficial for us if we know the bill's ill fate sooner than later. this will help us plan certain things. Everyone has to decide on their own and cannot blame anyone here for anything but I would request IV to tell us if this bill is heading south. I am seriously concerned.

skrish
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I dont think the bill can be headed anywhere without congress being in session.

The only developements can be 'soft' political developements that can go either way
by the time congress starts, so may not be wise to cause a flurry about developements
that are not concrete and cause an unnecessary flurry.

having said that the suspense is killing all of us, me included,and I guess the last word
that we heard about it being 'in a good place' could do with an update :-)

bpratap
01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Senate is in Recess now until Jan 23 (correct me if I m wrong). so be patient and do our action Items.

HR 3012 will pass !!

nosightofgc
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Definitely not knowing what is the status is killing all of us. When I wake up in the morning, first thing I check is iv site, , my mails. As I mentioned the people who oppose the bill are active as compared all of us . They might have started late, but we should make sure that their recent efforts over ride all the efforts we put in in the early stages of the bill.

I already contributed $1000.00 towards this bill, but don't mind double the contribution if we know for sure the bill is in good place.

Thanks for showing some optimism but frankly it would be beneficial for us if we know the bill's ill fate sooner than later. this will help us plan certain things. Everyone has to decide on their own and cannot blame anyone here for anything but I would request IV to tell us if this bill is heading south. I am seriously concerned.

skrish
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
true, I am in a very similar boat as you, nosightofgc... symapthise with your situation and feel the same way too.

For now, did the action item for today.

nosightofgc
01-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Correcting the previous message.

Definitely not knowing what is the status is killing all of us. When I wake up in the morning, first thing I check is iv site, , my mails. As I mentioned the people who oppose the bill are active as compared all of us . They might have started late, but we should make sure that their recent efforts Will notover ride all the efforts we put in in the early stages of the bill.

I already contributed $1000.00 towards this bill, but don't mind double the contribution if we know for sure the bill is in good place.

pappu
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Please do not ask for updates. Updates WILL not be given on the open forum to annonymous members and public unless needed for certain action items. Updates are posted on donor forum on regular basis for members who have been contributing for a long time and supporting us in this effort. Please consider signing up for monthly contributions and publicize the bill to your friends at this time.

pappu
01-08-2012, 04:29 PM
true, I am in a very similar boat as you, nosightofgc... symapthise with your situation and feel the same way too.

For now, did the action item for today.

The kind of action items happening at our end at this time is lobbying lobbying and more lobbying. Lobbying is what will get us there.

nosightofgc
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Pappu,

I think several people might want to contribute more if the bill status is known and the hopes are better. How do we tap into this potential contributions to help the lobbying?

I understand the reason for not many updates, but I am afraid that people are not taking out money since they don't know where this bill will ends up. Just a thought.

digital2k
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Everyone should support HR 3012 and act NOW more than Ever

Contribute, reach out to more people ... Everyone acting NOW and be part of this historic need of hour to succeed ...

The kind of action items happening at our end at this time is lobbying lobbying and more lobbying. Lobbying is what will get us there.

Action item: HR 3012: Week of 01/02/2012.. (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2586064)

pappu
01-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Pappu,

I think several people might want to contribute more if the bill status is known and the hopes are better. How do we tap into this potential contributions to help the lobbying?

I understand the reason for not many updates, but I am afraid that people are not taking out money since they don't know where this bill will ends up. Just a thought.

Well the status of the bill is that it needs lots of push from every member. Time is short. So we need contributions from each member on IV website. More resources means more lobbying and this means better chances for the bill. If someone is still waiting and has not really contributed after the bill passed the house, they are missing a rare opportunity to get a massive relief done. They have chosen to wait for another 2 years to get another bill to come after elections. This is the crucial time to pitch in and make things happen to not regret later for the next 2 years.

Please spread this message and contribute yourself as the action item for this week.

manchala
01-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Pappu,

It was little known to everyone before it passed the house. Lot of background work went in to pass this bill with more than 90% majority. At that time we did not have good opposition now we have opposition as well. So we need more background work and lots of participation.

House passage with the good majority shows what IV is capable of. So anyone who wants to know the status before donating please think again. Instead of looking for updates in open, which may work against the bill, keep doing the good work(spread the word and contribute). Without efforts nothing gets done. If anyone want to participate more... send an email to info@immigrationvoice.org

psychedelicNerd
01-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Done Action Items for today. Already setup for recurring monthly contributions. Let's keep the dice rolling. It's the final push.

sman
01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Contributed anothe $100
Your receipt number for this payment is: 1694-5725-5488-8609

Total contribution $300

------------
PD Date : EB-3 Nov 30th 2007

sdeshpan
01-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Please do not ask for updates. Updates WILL not be given on the open forum to annonymous members and public unless needed for certain action items. Updates are posted on donor forum on regular basis for members who have been contributing for a long time and supporting us in this effort. Please consider signing up for monthly contributions and publicize the bill to your friends at this time.
pappu - has access to donor forum been restored for recurring donors? I know you had to shunt that for a while during the initial crazy days of 3012.

Suva
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Done the action items for today.

skrish
01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Pappu's words have re-energized me.

Donated another $100

Total so far this month $200

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 92R77496UA645121B.

Completed Action Items

dbar
01-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Your receipt number for this payment is: 3797-2721-1302-6641.

digital2k
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Please act NOW Everyone

Pappu's words have re-energized me.

Donated another $100

Total so far this month $200

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 92R77496UA645121B.

Completed Action Items

django1
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Guys.

I am already seeing some noise of ROW'ers rallying agianst the fiixes implemented to change spillover that have resulted in the EB2-I forward movement in .

All of those who have just become current should rally behing H.R 3012 and push it through.

otherwise, they will just get retrrogessed back even worse as several new applications from 2009 and 2010 would have been filed now...

padmaforopt
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I just want to find out form IV admin , Is it ok if H.R.3012 passes with Grassley's amendment?

Will it be a good news (or) bad news ?

digital2k
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Please act NOW Everyone

>> The time for action is NOW.

"With hr 3012 we can try to minimize the wait times and make the system fair."

Suva
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Done the action items today.

newdif
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Finished action items for today.

vsrinir
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Completed Action Items Today

nosightofgc
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Folks,

Please do not post the senator's responses directly on the forum as directed by IV team several times. Please send them to IV contacts directly.

CaliHoneB
01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Donated $200.00 more for H.R.3012

Cheers

indrachat_75
01-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Completed Action Items Today

seahawks
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
completed Action items today.

floridasun
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Just a suggestion - how about requesting Jon Stewart to take up our story in his Daily Show (Comedy channel) and talk about how even the least (or no real) change to this system - HR 3012 - is also placed on hold by Sen Grassley. If he takes it up, I bet it will bring a lot of attention and also ppl will understand it directly leading to more support from Senate. He is very well known for his sharp and knowledgeable commentary with very wide spread impact.

IV core - what do y'all think ?

nosightofgc
01-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Please check your PM.

Just a suggestion - how about requesting Jon Stewart to take up our story in his Daily Show (Comedy channel) and talk about how even the least (or no real) change to this system - HR 3012 - is also placed on hold by Sen Grassley. If he takes it up, I bet it will bring a lot of attention and also ppl will understand it directly leading to more support from Senate. He is very well known for his sharp and knowledgeable commentary with very wide spread impact.

vsrinir
01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Done Action Items Today

skrish
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
more news coverage

Dispute over proposed green card law pits brightest immigrants against each other - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dispute-over-proposed-green-card-law-pits-brightest-immigrants-against-each-other/2012/01/03/gIQANdSKpP_story_1.html)

Decent job. God job guys. keep it going....

Reminds me of Chale Chalo from lagaan ...

arun_ramani
01-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Folks,

When tweeting about HR3012 I would request to add #immigration tag as well, so that it reaches wider audience as well.

Thanks.

smuggymba
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM

I emailed, called Stossel and Jon couple of years ago..didn't hear back. Just got one reply from Stossel saying I'll be contacted if they pursue any such story.

psychedelicNerd
01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Done action items for today. I loved the font size in noSightForGC's post. :D

thomachan72
01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
more news coverage

Dispute over proposed green card law pits brightest immigrants against each other - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dispute-over-proposed-green-card-law-pits-brightest-immigrants-against-each-other/2012/01/03/gIQANdSKpP_story_1.html)

Decent job. God job guys. keep it going....

Reminds me of Chale Chalo from lagaan ...
This article is from the begining anti-3012!! It just highlights the issues that supposedly the minority (less than 1-2%) of the total EB immigrants will face and treats it with similar proportions to that is currently being faced by 98% of the rest!!!
Comparing 10+ years of wait to 3-4 years!!
I believe this is the same site where the antis were able to submit bogus votes to skew the numbers in their favor even though it is clear as daylight that they are the minority:D:D If they weren't we wouldn't be even arguing about this now!
I think we should start ignoring Washington post. What do you guys think??:D

thomachan72
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
One another thing I would want to clearly point out to IV leadership (Pappu and others) is that with the rapid EB2 movement for I/C the "APPARENT" wait times have been drastically reduced to now a couple of years. We need to have our experts (Teddykoochu/others) produce clear evidence based on actual numbers and be ready to show that this movement for EB2 is just to increase the demand and does not infact confer a GC within 2 years of applying. I say this because potentially the ROW is going to point out that EB2 I/C is almost current and only EB3 (which is ofcourse considered the "so called unwanted by folks like Grassley") is lagging.
Please be prepared to handle such arguments if they arise. It might not but just a heads up on that possibility. :D

digital2k
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Pls stay united, focused and follow all IV Action items.

"With hr 3012 we can try to minimize the wait times and make the system fair."

History will be created soon and all those acting will be proud ...

harakiri
01-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Done with action items for today.

Contributed 200$ today. I am EB2, and I repent for not applying in 2009 when I had a chance and instead applying in July 2011 instead :( :( :(, so I know the pain that folks in EB3 are going through.

Hopefully we will sail through with IV!

Ref:: Your receipt number for this payment is: 4428-2138-5219-8337.

-------
Contributed total of 400$ for HR3012!

rdoib
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
This thread has gone a whole lot quieter. Please follow through actions items every day.